Author Topic: Abuse on NA Official LLJK server  (Read 8929 times)

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
Re: Abuse on NA Official LLJK server
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2011, 03:52:20 am »
+1
guys don't hate native everyone knows he's off the reservation

GEDDIT
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2011, 04:02:13 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)
I must admit, this described what I have done as an admin over the past month. Other competent admins such as Tears, Earthdforce, and Poophammer have had much more experience on administration than I did and are well chosen for the job. Most of the time I did not know whether to just warn or ban, as too often the rulebreakers tread the lines and if I responded to every single one of them, it is rather in contradiction of what I believed in after my 2 years of obligatory military service as a drill instructor in the Republic of China Navy.

There is tolerance to allow the mistakes to be reflected and contemplated upon, yet some exploit this 'weakness' of mine and is perceived as what you described, "Most of [admins] don't really do much about trolling, leeching or just don't do anything at all"

During my two years as a drill instructor, I was told not to engage the private recruits with doubts on their 'problems' or 'issues': By that, I mean, don't call a player a troll just because I think so, but I need solid evidence and witnesses before I can enforce anything.

With that in mind, you can see that I won't be doing great on this simply because there are far too many gray areas in administration (But at some point it actually make things easier..?)

I will continue to learn, however, and hopefully before I am honorably/dishonorably discharged of my admin status, I will leave a good or at least fair impression of Official NA administration to the playerbase.

Humbly yours,
Gear

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2011, 09:09:49 am »
+1
Yay!

Also to acknowledge some points here, I see all to often administrators on the North American servers allow faction members of their fellow faction slip by without so much as a warning, this is unacceptable. For every faction, player, and admin, the rules must be enforced, no matter the affiliation. I'm not saying turn the server into a horrible kickfest and ruin a rather enjoyable time for a large crowd of people, but you do have to acknowledge that the same rules that apply to the general server populous, apply to your faction buddies.

Bias in administration when it comes to factions and friends is a major problem that I've noticed on the server, apart from other minor problems that can be dealt with rather easily.

To be clear, so far I've seen almost every faction administrator do this, minus a couple, start banning your faction bros, you fucks!

On a positive note, be happy that we've progressed to issues of neutrality within administration topics such as this, rather than "Another mass ban on Ecko's servers, well fuck".
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:11:05 am by Classical »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2011, 09:11:39 am »
+1
start banning your faction bros, you fucks!

Agreed.  The clan favortism/bias is something I've always detested.  To the point of leaving a clan over it.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2011, 09:24:59 am »
+1
You must remain emotionless at all times, like a robot
Exactly. Your job is to lay down the rules with fair judgement, emotions have a tendency to smear ones judgement I'm afraid. As it is impossible to completely get rid of emotion, the person in Authority has to discipline himself, which is also something you'll never ever find, thats why Cops suck.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:33:56 am by The_Angle »

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2011, 09:29:03 am »
+1

There is tolerance to allow the mistakes to be reflected and contemplated upon, yet some exploit this 'weakness' of mine and is perceived as what you described, "Most of [admins] don't really do much about trolling, leeching or just don't do anything at all"

During my two years as a drill instructor, I was told not to engage the private recruits with doubts on their 'problems' or 'issues': By that, I mean, don't call a player a troll just because I think so, but I need solid evidence and witnesses before I can enforce anything.

That's pretty much it. I need to go into spectator and see the violation with my own eyes before I even warn the perpetrator.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2011, 09:41:40 am »
+2
Voice spamming you can disable yourself by pressing Q-M-V in game, and don't give me any shit about not being able to communicate with the rest of your team (You don't work with the rest of your team anyways)
You're missing the point.

You have to ask yourself whether allowing one douchebag to spam voice chat for 10 minutes straight is really worth the potential loss of new players, as they log into the game for the first time, see rampant spamming and decide the mod probably has no admins and isn't worth looking into any further.

There's just no good reason to allow it, and several good reasons to prevent it.

In a perfect world, the game would let us voice-mute individuals or else have an automatic spam blocker but until then, it needs to be done by admins.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2011, 02:59:16 pm »
+1
Strange, I have been playing in the Officials for the past couple of hours and I have not seen a single incident go unnoticed... I also find it interesting that so far NE and former NE people are complaining for the most part, sorry that you guys feel this way.

Why are you even bring the (NE)  up? It doesn't matter from where i come from. I could be part of LLJK, Fallen, or even BRD and i would still say the same thing.I have been seeing alot of rule braking lately. But still the point in this thread is that certain Admins need to step up there game that's all im saying.

Bias in administration when it comes to factions and friends is a major problem that I've noticed on the server, apart from other minor problems that can be dealt with rather easily.

I have also seen alot of this above. I dont know about any other admins but i treat every one the same even my own Faction/Friends. If your Trolling then you get muted,If your Tking then you get kick and so on. But it is something that can be dealt with easily by just doing your job as an admin.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:09:12 pm by Shadowren »

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2011, 03:53:23 pm »
+1
Why are you even bring the (NE)  up? It doesn't matter from where i come from. I could be part of LLJK, Fallen, or even BRD and i would still say the same thing.I have been seeing alot of rule braking lately. But still the point in this thread is that certain Admins need to step up there game that's all im saying.

Tears brought up NE since most of the people posting complaints about the official servers are from ATS, the NE main clan. A clan that has a dubious history of trying to troll and stop the official servers since it took power from high lord Ecko.

I have also seen alot of this above. I dont know about any other admins but i treat every one the same even my own Faction/Friends. If your Trolling then you get muted,If your Tking then you get kick and so on. But it is something that can be dealt with easily by just doing your job as an admin.

This is an issue on most servers with most admins to varying degrees.  Human nature to let friends slide a bit more, not saying it is the right thing. Admins should treat their clan mates like anyone other person but again almost every server will have this issue. That can also be confused with the different strictness of admins so it might not necessarily be them letting their clan slide. Some admins are very strict, down to the letter while others tend to be a bit more relaxed. The whole QMV debate is a good example. Kenji/Gearhardt is a pretty strict admin compared to say Smoothrich but both do fairly good jobs, just different styles.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2011, 03:07:38 am »
+1
bah. For every happy person in crpg, there are at least 2 people equally unhappy. Its a natural law.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2011, 07:06:19 am »
+1
bah. For every happy person in crpg, there are at least 2 people equally unhappy. Its a natural law.

It helps if you don't tell people to be unhappy out of spite, but yes. The way it is.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2011, 08:30:35 am »
+2
I just want to know why it causes people to rage so hard.

Because it's the same thing as trying to play any other type of game with and against people and having some fuckhat screaming stupid shit at you like a retard.  It's goddamned annoying.  IRL annoying fucks get punched in the goddamned mouth.  But nooooooooooo, this is the internet where the whole POINT is to be the most annoying piece of shit fuckstick in the world to everyone around you.  This is seen as cool and funny.  Applause worthy by all the other flaming shitbags polluting up the world that congregate on the interwebs.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2011, 08:37:56 am »
+3
Bias in administration when it comes to factions and friends is a major problem that I've noticed on the server

To be clear, so far I've seen almost every faction administrator do this

Fuck you! I have no faction and I have no friends!

Any time someone starts to get close to me... reaches out... says, "Hey man, you don't have to do this alone"...

I BAN THEY ASS! BITCHES!

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2011, 09:14:45 am »
+2
RIGHT ON SISTA!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2011, 09:54:22 am »
+1
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:55:26 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.