Author Topic: HA build  (Read 1246 times)

Offline _Savein_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm French So What....
    • View Profile
HA build
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:26:47 am »
I'm looking for a HA build. Thats accurate, Good Damage. And I'm also wondering if there is one that is good Both on Horse and on the ground.  If I get de-horses (Going to be alot) Will it still be good, Accurate and good damage on the ground.
I'm French... So what Doesn't make me any worse then I already am..

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
Re: HA build
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:56:16 am »
A balanced build you say:

18/18 53hp
2 power strike
6 athletics
6 riding
3 horse archery
6 power draw
6 weapon master

You can use the long bow on foot and deal good damage with good accuracy and also run fast.
But forget about good accuracy from horseback. It doesn't exist. It got removed with the last patches.

Prepatch you could aim with perfect accuracy while riding at decent speed.
Now you get really bad accuracy at decent speed and that is with the most accurate build you can have :rolleyes:

Before the last couple of patches this was considered the best HA build for skilled players (because of the good accuracy):

15/24 50hp
6 riding
4 horse archery
5 power draw
8 weapon master

As much as I "hate" horse archers myself I think it is really sad that an entire class gets nerfed so hard that the best players stops to play it.
I kinda miss Tuonela chasing me and ultimately leaving me on the ground with my horse dead behind. When I played versus him I actully got forced to stay on the opposite side of the map if I didn't want to get shoot. But when I managed to sneak up on him and kill him it was really enjoyable :twisted:

I played with the above build for some time and I have to admit that playing as a HA, even with that good accuracy was still very hard. HA duels were very challenging but the better player would almost always win which is not the case anymore because of the randomness.

So, what you want to do is to go for a high damaging build and primarily just shoot down all enemy horses before proceeding with shooting players.
Play smart, manuever your horse well and ride close to enemy horses so that you can actually hit them.

I suggest you use armour that gives you good protection. Don't mind the accuracy penalty. You don't need accuracy for this playstyle remember :)
Then I suggest you use the Destrier which can take alot of damage.

27/12 70hp
4 power strike
4 riding
2 horse arhery
9 power draw
4 weapon master

Disclaimer: I have not tested this build myself yet but I'm pretty sure it will be alot more enjoyable than the 15/24 build.

Good luck! :)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:53:14 am by Riddaren »

Offline _Savein_

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm French So What....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 04:28:19 pm »
Murchad still beasts it up! His special powers un-nerfed it for him :D
Thanks for the builds
I'm French... So what Doesn't make me any worse then I already am..

Offline Razzen

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Razzen
  • IRC nick: Razzen
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 04:42:47 pm »
You dont want to go HA, its so bad right now, just though you should know.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 11:24:18 pm »
+1
15/24 50hp
6 riding
4 horse archery
5 power draw
8 weapon master

As much as I "hate" horse archers myself I think it is really sad that an entire class gets nerfed so hard that the best players stops to play it.
I kinda miss Tuonela chasing me and ultimately leaving me on the ground with my horse dead behind. When I played versus him I actully got forced to stay on the opposite side of the map if I didn't want to get shoot. But when I managed to sneak up on him and kill him it was really enjoyable :twisted:

I played with the above build for some time and I have to admit that playing as a HA, even with that good accuracy was still very hard. HA duels were very challenging but the better player would almost always win which is not the case anymore because of the randomness.

HA really isn't that bad. It took me a while to adjust, but recently I've been going to servers and coming in the top players. Mind you I haven't played for a couple of weeks in pubby now.

Tuonela still plays as well. I just see him on Pecores instead of any of the EU servers and he often tops the score boards there. It's a matter of adjusting. But I have no problems with my 15/24 build. I've never witnessed the randomness you speak of. HA duels are still a matter of which player shoots most accurately, can manoeuvre their horses the best and judge arrows perfectly. Hell I've beaten Tuonela a good few times, but the majority of the times he will always own me because he is the better player (also level 34 helps  :P)

Anyway, I don't recommend an 18/18 build. As much as I like the idea of being able to switch between melee and HA. It doesn't work so well. Most HA who use melee weapons do so from horse back. It's generally accepted that once you hit the ground you're screwed, unless you're particularly on form with blocking or can run to the nearest team mates. Sacrificing the accuracy is simply not worth it. And those HA that do sacrifice the accuracy, tend to get most of their kills with their melee weapon anyway. Negating the real point of being HA in the first place.

Either way, if you're playing HA you've got to expect to be downed in some crap places every now and then. Most of the time I rely on that 24 agi and light armour to run me out of the situation. Or hope that there's a riderless horse nearby. Either that or just accept you're impending doom and try to take someone with you.

Anyway tips for HA:

1. The best HA know how to ride their horses. Positioning is everything. If your a cav chasing HA like me I'd recommend a courser because it allows you to keep up with everyone, yet also run away from everyone. That way you can put yourself in the best positions for shooting the enemy (often just following them behind). If you're an infantry killer, I'd suggest an Arabian for the ability to circle them and get out of sticky situations quickly.
2. As much as I hate it, bump shooting is sometimes a necessity to survive as HA. If you circle the enemy then you often give them time to shoot you/ start moving to friendlies. Master the bump shoot. It usually requires some prediction. So draw/bump/aim back/shoot. You have to time it perfectly to do it properly, otherwise there's some luck involved.
3. Keep away from infantry as much as possible. The lack of a long pointy stick means HA is very easily taken down with pretty much any weapon if they get in to close. Mastering the perfect distances to circle infantry is a must if you are going to pump those arrows into them without taking damage.

Murchad still beasts it up! His special powers un-nerfed it for him :D
Thanks for the builds

Marathon's build is 27/12 right? I never understood that build as the majority of your arrows will be entirely luck based and you're near enough just a 1h cav instead. Any 15/24 build would rip right through that. I've never seen one of those on EU because 15/24 builds are the norm there.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:07:08 am by Overdriven »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 04:50:34 am »
+2
Haven't really played my HA much in a long time but I swear by 15/24 tbh, that's just my own personal preference though.

But especially now with the huge nerfs, HA 4 has an even more importance, HA 3 was notceably worst, even though HA 4 is still shit lol. Seems to me that playing an xbow cav is is the way if you want accurate range weapon whilst moving fast, pretty lame tbh.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 02:37:49 pm »
Haven't really played my HA much in a long time but I swear by 15/24 tbh, that's just my own personal preference though.

But especially now with the huge nerfs, HA 4 has an even more importance, HA 3 was notceably worst, even though HA 4 is still shit lol. Seems to me that playing an xbow cav is is the way if you want accurate range weapon whilst moving fast, pretty lame tbh.

Hate xbow cav  :| They can usually 2 shot my courser.

Offline Myltinous

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: Rhemus_Myltinous, Pippin_McGee
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 05:59:58 am »
crossbow calvary for the win! :D
I suck though so don't put too much faith into it. But if you're a newb and want to feel usefull shooting from a horse i would suggest a 7/30 build with a light crossbow, you wont be able to do anything else but at least you'll be able to hit stuff.
"One who thinks is one who conspires"
Ryan Myltoft
1992-present

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 12:26:01 am »
If you go HA, its not worth it to go kinda a HA. Archery itself is pretty harsh on hybrids and HA most of all.