Poll

Best 1 hander for cav?

Long espada Eslavona
Knightly arming sword
Arabian Cavalry sword (though i dont like it personally)
Other 1h

Author Topic: Best 1-hander sword for cav and best 1-hander for 1h+shield ?  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Stjitalurv

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Best 1-hander sword for cav and best 1-hander for 1h+shield ?
« on: September 11, 2011, 02:04:22 am »
Im gonna go shield and board next gen, maybe on horse... And im wondering what 1-hander are the best for cav?

And then i wonder what 1-hander is best when the horse dies and im on the ground. If you compare best maces and swords, no axe.

Thanks for any advice =)

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
Re: Best 1-hander sword for cav and best 1-hander for 1h+shield ?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 02:17:36 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Practice Sword
weapon length: 101
weight: 0.8
speed rating: 103
weapon length: 101
thrust damage: 10 blunt
swing damage: 14 blunt
slots: 1

It has the reach, the speed, and the damage type that you need to kill people with.
With the new armor soak values cut damage is so useless you are better off using a pick or a hammer.
But you asked for a sword so here is the best one.

Also this thread should have been made in the guide section.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 02:51:53 am by Kryser »
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Stjitalurv

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 03:43:35 am »
Ok, exept that then? I got enough wood...

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 03:56:39 am »
It really depends on your style.

Arabian has a non-western-European hilt (Hardly noticeable when holding it, though), but the stats are great for cavalry.

Long Espada, while it has significantly less swing dmg and costs 3.5k gold more. Take note that being a 1H cavalry thrust attacks are very important, and the 28 pierce really makes it the ideal sword to go up against lancers in point blank range (Or after you dodge their initial attack)

One great example would be Cyranule, him and his Long Espada and Champion Arabian Warhorse are truly annoying agile and lethal at times.

Offline Stjitalurv

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 04:30:07 am »
ok, thanks :) Im gonna try the knightly arming sword first, then ill maybe try the long eslavona, or maybe if they both suck the arabian.

I bought the italian sword to carry when on foot, just hope it works good enough, otherwise ill have to try the maces.

I wanna have long reach and good swing dmg when im on the horse. When im on the ground i want the best balance in reach, speed and dmg. Im in love with swords so I wanna use them, but if they suck to much with the cut dmg, hmmm , ill have to reconsider this change from 2h.

Whats the most popular 1h sword when on ground? And whats the most popular 1h overall?

Any ideas?

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 04:57:15 am »
On ground? Popular choices are Picks (Steel/Military) and Scimitars (Elite/Normal)

But some use axes, which are great choices and damage for going up against another shielder.

If you prefer straight swords (like me), I'd suggest Nordic Short Sword or Nordic Short War Sword: cheap, fast, able to thrust, and not-bad dmg for a mid-low tier weapon. (If you're wearing light/medium armor with some points into athletics so you don't get backpeddled.)

Otherwise, you can pretty much buy any swords you'd like, they are pretty balanced stat-wise and the only concerns left for you would only be gold. (Thanks to the hard-working devs we got :wink:)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:59:44 am by Kenji »

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 05:10:31 am »
+1
I am an absolute die hard fan of the long espada but the slash is weak, you gotta learn to stab properly with that sword, otherwise you'll hate it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Toffey

• Noble
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 05:16:07 am »
I love the Arabian cavalry sword for the damage, the style and especially the length. Compensation? Without a doubt.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 07:26:45 pm »
Arab cavalry has nice length, but rather poor pierce (19).  If you're going for a shielder, (or 1h+sh on horseback), then I'd suggest a weapon with more pierce on the thrust (long espada does rank pretty highly there), or a sidearm (steel pick, warhammer, and iberian mace are all weapons I have seen perform rather well) in dealing with well-armored opponents.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 09:24:14 pm »
Ok, I'm a 1h cav with a love for horses (both kinds) and I a m currently riding around with the Long Arming Sword. It's basically the Knightly arming sword but 1 less swing damage and 2.5k-ish cheaper. It has long enough reach for you (VERY important on horse) does nice damage and have a good enough stab to pierce heavy armor. It is also a very balanced weapon to use on the ground.

Personally, when on horse, I have a polearm, either a stablance, greatlance or the warspear (pretty decent on horse actually :D) but if I don't use any of them and would rather have a 1h sidearm, I ALWAYS take a mace. My favourite is the Winged Mace, but any other is good too. Those weapons are fast, do medium amount of BLUNT damage and have knockdown. I also recently found out that they can be used on horse rather effectively too. You seem to have a slight ghost reach while riding so the short weapons can be VERY nice against unexpecting tincans. I managed to onehit a black plate guy with my MACE-TO-DA-FACE attack. He raged xD

But your weapon of choice also depends on your build. If you are 21/15 you should take a long weapon, like the arabian cav, if you are 15/21 you can take shorter weapons like maces. I personally don't like axes but I guess those too. Or take both if you wanna be a multi purpose guy. Sword for cloth/light mail and backpeddalers (RIGHT SWING is best swing against them) and maces for tincans/facehugging 2h spammers. The maces are also VERY good with teammates. Two shielders with maces can be SUBERP ganking and loads of knockdowns, with little chance of damaging your friend.

But really, for horse you should take a long weapon. Arabian cav sword for slashing or Long/knightly Arming for stabbing AND slashing and Long Espada for stabbing. Take a mace as backup, maybe a pick.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Stjitalurv

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 09:58:20 pm »
ok, thanks for all the tips =) I got a plan now atleast. Im going with knightly arming sword to start with then ill see what will be my ground wep =)

thanks

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 11:36:46 pm »
ok, thanks for all the tips =) I got a plan now atleast. Im going with knightly arming sword to start with then ill see what will be my ground wep =)

thanks

1. Buy all suggested weapons
2. See which one suits you best
3. ?????
4. Profit

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 04:51:54 am »
Please go here, and tell them that you want to play 1hand cav with something besides a sword. http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,9028.msg214398.html#msg214398  :mrgreen: