Author Topic: adding new things to the classes  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
adding new things to the classes
« on: September 10, 2011, 10:14:05 pm »
i have some ideas for new class changes, just give your oppinion and i'll be satisfied.

for cav:
they get an extra slot for a weapon to hang on their horse(only surtain weapons can be hung on the horse, like the basterd weapons, and all 1handers ofc. maybe the katana and 2handed sword too. but no OP big ass swords), you can't pick a lance(2 slots) and a long maul(3 slots) either. you can also get the weapon from your horse if you aim at the place where it is hung, and press "F". when your horse dies, it drops on the ground, so you can pick it up when you want it, or have time to do so.

all archers get an extra slot which can only contain a 0 slot weapon, so archers who want a 1slot bow and 3 stacks of arrows can still have a 0slot weapon to block. archers will also get stakes, so that a good cav defend.

infantry: they get an extra slot which can hold a spear-type polearm if another slot is sacrificed along with it(maybe with some exceptions). that slot can also hold throwing weapons, so ladders for siege and shields and hopefully stakes in battle, and it can also hold other throwing weapons, like throwing axes, or javelins.

be happy to add, discuss or hate this thread. :P
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 08:29:26 am by Berethorn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
Re: adding new things to the classes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 10:58:37 pm »
and maybe dev can make ladders 1 slot, so i can use it with my arbalest)

buy the way hammer is 0 slot weapon, and if they make extra dmg for ranged, i think i can 1 shoot everybody)) or if only 4 shoots, so i kill some tincans or horses, and then i just start looting bolts)) awesome idea man))
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:32:41 am by Antonagor »
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 11:36:24 pm »
I already have so much hard time killing too fast archers (my only defence against them is my shield) and those horse riders so i say defenetly no.   sorry man =/
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 12:36:42 am »
+2
Also add this:
 Horsemen can carry one (1) ally on his horse. This makes both the rider and the passenger unable to attack, although the rider can still block.
 Archers and/or crossbowmen can block with their bows/crossbows. Only works with the big ones (all crossbows and the yumi, rus- and longbow.)
 Infantry a free slot for throwable rocks. These don't get any boosts from PT or accuracy from throwing wpf, BUT they all do enough damage to stun enemies. Great for halting kiting archers or throwing down from the castle walls on those pesky attackers.

Don't rage so much in here guys. Let's instead all come with creative (yet highly unlikely to be added) suggestions. It's still possible for one or two of them to be included :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 01:01:43 am »
I like Zapper's idea of the carrying one person. But Zapper ppl need to give their opinion =)
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 02:13:51 am »
+1
I like Zapper's idea of the carrying one person. But Zapper ppl need to give their opinion =)
Thanks. And of course they are allowed to give their opinions. I just want a thread where we can give loads of silly/stupid/hilarious/AWESOME/random/mandom suggestions without any whine. You know, like the rest of the "suggestion" board xD
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Munchkin9

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 03:23:02 am »
I disagree with the archer part, as being an archer i know that the bow would just end up being nerfed again. I also disagree with the carrying a person on a horse, the reasons are technical: this would look so many kinds of hideous, and realistically: most horses (maybe with the exception of warhorses) could not carry two people for very long or very fast. Plus I don't really see how it adds that much, except perhaps allow the most annoying archer kiting to be seen yet in video gaming.

On a more positive note I love the idea of having the ability to strap a weapon to your horse. This is something I have always wished to do in single player (see picture of the suspiciously Aragorn looking guy on the 'cover' of mount and blade).
Chars: Redreg

That's it. Don't like it? Tough.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 08:29:44 am »
fixed it guys, reconsider your posts please

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 12:56:26 pm »
that extra slot for cav is Good idea sir.
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Patricklus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotL
  • Game nicks: Patricklus_OotL
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 04:43:00 pm »
+1 on cav idea but i think it should only be with higher end horses

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »
ehmm no?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 07:36:19 pm »
ehmm no?
Goddammit! Didn't you read my post about this being a be a "lulzy suggestions that probably would never  be implemented but are really hilarious anyway" post?

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 07:42:08 pm »
Three issues:
  • Implementation
  • Implementation
  • High likelihood of mass Q.Qing

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 07:48:33 pm »
Three issues:
  • Implementation
  • Implementation
  • High likelihood of mass Q.Qing

(click to show/hide)
They don't work in warband you say? IRRELEVANT I SAY! This is the place for unrealistic, yet hilarious suggestions! I DEMAND THE ABILITY TO LAUNCH COW CARCASSES WITH THE CATAPULT TO SPREAD PLAGUE IN THE ENEMY CASTLE!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 07:59:40 pm »
Goddammit! Didn't you read my post about this being a be a "lulzy suggestions that probably would never  be implemented but are really hilarious anyway" post?
You're not the OP

They don't work in warband you say? IRRELEVANT I SAY! This is the place for unrealistic, yet hilarious suggestions! I DEMAND THE ABILITY TO LAUNCH COW CARCASSES WITH THE CATAPULT TO SPREAD PLAGUE IN THE ENEMY CASTLE!
You're not the OP