Poll

Will you pay attention to old claims?

Yes, and I will carry my grudges forward too!
Yes, and I will work with a clean slate on relations.
No, never did care, land is free! Enemies are still enemies!
No, and I will work with a clean slate for relations.
I'm a cute bitch.

Author Topic: Will you pay attention to "Ancestral Territorial Claims" for new Strategus?  (Read 8458 times)

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
Re: Will you pay attention to "Ancestral Territorial Claims" for new Strategus?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2011, 02:22:13 pm »
+1
And what did those three clans do? They helped you with a quick gankfest against a weakened enemy. Big whoop. :P
The irony of a VRN guy saying this is staggering.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2011, 02:32:25 pm »
Everyone has their own perspective. You guys like to big up the threat by talking about the number of clans that were supposedly allied against you, but that's pretty much just spin. It was a very loosely organized thing, and it's no surprise that you never mention the size of those clans and the amount of their total troop strength that they committed to fighting you. We were along for the ride because the sudden map speed nerf had ruined our start, but in the end support turned out to be pretty minimal, and a lot of stupid mistakes were made, so there you go.

Drawing parallels from that to UIF2 is pretty silly, and if you want irony, look no further than you complaining about super-alliances when it was one of those that bailed your ass out.
Don't.

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2011, 02:41:29 pm »
+1
Drawing parallels from that to UIF2 is pretty silly, and if you want irony, look no further than you complaining about super-alliances when it was one of those that bailed your ass out.
To my knowledge, the Risen/Legio/Bashi guys had roughly the same number of troops and fiefs as the Shogunate/Pillagers alliance. If they had allies beyond that, they didn't get dick from them. They also did not "bail our ass out", with respect to them. For all the constantly harped on inferiority of LLJK players and the supposed prowess of the Shogunate's and their buddies, I didn't see a single thing to be impressed with that entire war. Awful planning, awful fighting, awful tactics.

And I've already clarified my position on this: If you absolutely feel the need to be in a giant fucking alliance, at least fucking do something. Don't sit around taking up a third of the map gloating like some even lazier Jabba the Hutt.

I mean, Jesus, the entire point of the last Strategus was to find bugs. Exactly how many bugs did the Grey Order or DRZ find? A quick look at the Strat Issues subforum shows that nearly everything was reported by NA clans.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 02:46:30 pm by Slantedfloors »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2011, 02:58:12 pm »
That's my point, the entire war was a silly clusterfuck and nobody really seemed to have their shit together. In the battles VRN fought we lost something like 900 of our troops against 1600 of yours (plus about 400 ill-equipped villagers we had captured pretty much for free), but that didn't really mean much in the end. That's why I think it's funny that you guys keep making such a big deal out of it -- a bunch of the clans supposedly involved didn't actually do anything. For our part, the only clan we were ever allied with were the Sea Raiders, and I can tell you right now that this loosely-knit coalition where each clan had different goals and many just deserted rather than fighting was absolutely nothing like the mega-alliance in the west.

It also strikes me as strange that you keep bragging about how many of you there are, but you don't seem to think that gives smaller clans any justification for treating you as a serious threat and banding together. I get that you want to write your own narrative with you as the heroes and everyone else as bad guys, but gimme a break. Also, do you really think Risen/Bashi/Legio/Union would have sent all their armies out on campaign if they didn't have Greys watching their back? Come on, you benefited from their support as much as anybody. Greys didn't exactly do nothing, either; they did wipe out a few small clans that happened to get on their bad side.

As for the testing part, our Polish friends certainly didn't help much that I saw (aside from raising the account sharing issue on the table again), but to their credit DRZ actually discovered a number of bugs and exploits. Unfortunately they did pretty much make the most of some of them, but there you go, it's not like they're alone in that.

Anyway, that's all in the past, next round is a brave new world. Nothing really happened in this Strat that I'd consider very important for us, though we did learn a few lessons from both our own experiences and events elsewhere. We'll see how it goes with the new changes and all.
Don't.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2011, 02:59:48 pm »
+1
they didnt need support from their friends because they had nothing to fear, as all their neighbors were friends..

grey,22nd,legio,union,drz, and bashi are big friends and wouldnt have fought each other, which made strat quite boring from the beginning
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:02:28 pm by NuberT »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2011, 03:01:45 pm »
Exactly. Unlike everyone else on the map, none of them ever really had anything to worry about. They're playing a different game from the rest of us.
Don't.

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2011, 03:23:02 pm »
Victory conditions and rules can fix this problem, like:
1. A winner can be only one faction never a coalition.
2. A winner faction will be listening as best faction in crpg (champions).
3. Strategus is about war so no landowner faction can have alliances with all neighbors.
4. Every landowner faction need to make war against at least one of the neighbors, only peace period of 2+- weeks is allowed.
5. If a faction do not follow the victory conditions it can lose all fiefs.

Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2011, 03:32:14 pm »
Ok, let's clear this up. The only alliance we (Risen) are in is with Bashi and Legio. You keep saying we were in a "huge ass coalition" with Greys and DRZ and satan or whatever. The fact is. We just have FRIENDLY RELATIONS with them. We were never allied, we just didn't have any reason to fight them. Why would we fight both Shogunate + allies and at the same time the Greys? And why would the Greys attack us, leaving them possibly open to attacks from the North/East? And yeah, we are friends with each other. We play the same game and we respect each other. Is that not allowed?

Besides, who should we have gone to war with? The Greys in the north, which we really like, or the Shogunate in the east which tried to disband our alliance and kept telling us how much better they are then us.

Stop claiming there was a huge coalition after you guys, just because you managed to piss off all your neighbors and got crushed from it.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 03:36:29 pm »
Wait, you had friendly relations with Satan? Anyway, they must have been really friendly given that 22nd and Greys went to war with RuConquista just to defend you guys and Union.

Also, I'm not sure but you seem to think I'm a member of Byzantium or something. Or were you talking to somebody else? :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:41:23 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 03:59:33 pm »
Wait, you had friendly relations with Satan? Anyway, they must have been really friendly given that 22nd and Greys went to war with RuConquista just to defend you guys and Union.

Also, I'm not sure but you seem to think I'm a member of Byzantium or something. Or were you talking to somebody else? :)
No, we didn't have any friendly relations with Satan. It was just to express how some people think about "those mean evil, Risen/Bashi/Legio/Grey... who BEATS us IN A GAME :O They are so evil!"

And about the RuConquista. They didn't go to war with them to "protect" us. They had their own quarrels and reason to attack. They were never a threat to us btw (Risen/Bashi/Legio, which, you know, is the Young Mens Calradian Alliance) because they were so far away. I don't know WHY the 22nd and Greys helped out, maybe they got paid, maybe they were just nice or maybe they just wanted stable and friendly neighbors instead of a war torn volatile border.

Also I know you are VRN, you tool! It was a post to everyone to clear things up.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 04:02:55 pm »
All right, if you say so. Either way, I just hope the next round will be a little more exciting, but I haven't really got very high hopes. Slantedfloors definitely has a point that many clans seem to just want land for the sake of holding it rather than using it to fight proper wars. Not that LLJK exactly spent a lot of time on the offensive, either.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:05:01 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2011, 04:21:02 pm »
LLJK like to wave around their e-peen.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2011, 04:28:43 pm »
All right, if you say so. Either way, I just hope the next round will be a little more exciting, but I haven't really got very high hopes. Slantedfloors definitely has a point that many clans seem to just want land for the sake of holding it rather than using it to fight proper wars. Not that LLJK exactly spent a lot of time on the offensive, either.
That was because both them and us were HACKED when we tried to attack. Makes you not want to do anything risky. Almost happened after the spawns were changed (to multiple attacker) and we launched our offensive. Luckily this time we managed to change it back again. Not sure about the details, just remember Thovex saying it during the battle before.

Offline hotcobbler

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus or a gun? How about both son?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Featherbottom
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2011, 05:13:17 pm »
+1
It's MY island.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Damn right I drink beer sideways.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2011, 05:34:42 pm »
+2
I think LLJK is mainly bragging because 1.) they know it annoys people 2.) They are smart enough not to take this game seriously and 3.) countless people were saying that LLJK would be wiped off the map right after strat started due to being horrible in battle... and then LLJK proved them wrong.

The important thing though, is that I am amused by all of this (as in all of strat, it is an amusing little thing).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.