Poll

I would rather...

play on the NA side, the NA_cRPG_3 server gives me better pings
376 (36.6%)
play on the EU side, the EU_cRPG_3 server gives me better pings
651 (63.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1027

Voting closed: September 16, 2011, 08:55:42 am

Author Topic: Strategus wipe - new features - vote for your continent!  (Read 78129 times)

Offline DesDope

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Strategus wipe - new features - vote for your continent!
« Reply #375 on: September 20, 2011, 11:02:10 am »
From all the whining and bitching I gather chadz ruined the mod - again? :)

As for trading issues: What is the problem to trade between NA and EU territory? I keep reading things like the coastal towns are too close to each other in NA territory while the EU has nicely spread coastal towns. So? Trade with whoever you want to, you are not restricted to stick with towns in your own territory ...

It is great to see people crying about every single change each and every time. Has been like this for years and I will enjoy it for the remainder of my life because it beats crappy TV shows. Now go on flinging poop at each other and at chadz, because - obviously - this time he ruined the mod for good and killed the game. :D
Former Lord of Elberl, protector of righteous peasants.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #376 on: September 20, 2011, 11:21:48 am »
exactly, finally we will be able to trade some goods in the whole map, it's gonna be interesting to test out the possibilities  :D

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 20, 2011, 04:14:23 pm »
As for trading issues: What is the problem to trade between NA and EU territory? I keep reading things like the coastal towns are too close to each other in NA territory while the EU has nicely spread coastal towns. So? Trade with whoever you want to, you are not restricted to stick with towns in your own territory ...

It seems people are terrified by the idea of intercontinental trade because if they get bushwacked off their home turf, they'll be at a disadvantage. Apparently making deals and securing protection along trade routes has never crossed their minds.

I understand what you are saying. However, I'm sure you notice that Thir is essentially going to play out as being an NA holding that is played on an EU esrver. The holding is just to far into NA territory. I just can't imagine a sustainable EU presence there considering its location.

I'd be very interested in seeing NA players try to capture Tihr. I can think of a couple of EU clans who might object rather strenuously.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:16:56 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Majer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Behold!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Majer_The_Grey
« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2011, 06:14:16 pm »
Why not craft a new map? After all, the land is only a texture with fixed position of settlements (I believe it is adjustable within website map engine)

We could make a map, with two continents, both having sandy, snowy, and green lands. One with towns with battles always taking place on EU, and other one with US (with 2-hour delay between east-most and west-most village/town within continent. If any EU faction fancy conquering US lands or vice versa, they would always (whether attacking or defending) fight on town's time zone.
Also, we could have an neutral smaller continent between dedicated ones (Atlantis?) which would have settlements available to the most populated group. Within this "Atlantis" battles will take place in the time preferred by the owner.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:15:55 pm by Majer »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2011, 06:41:44 pm »
(click to show/hide)
because it needs time and effort and the current solution was something which was doable in a pragmatic way in a short term.
There are idears and discussion how to establish either NA and EU server with each the same map or include a mirrow of the map and extent that way the map as also creating/enlarging the current map. Still it needs time and effort, so please be patient.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Majer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Behold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 20, 2011, 07:32:43 pm »
I see no point switching from bad solution, to another bad one. So I suggest just wait and implement a proper strategus map, instead of having one not-good from the start, just waiting to get wiped again.

Also, I don't get the idea of mirroring - basically just number of settlements matter, nothing else.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:34:22 pm by Majer »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 20, 2011, 07:34:02 pm »
Or rather, you don't get the point.

Offline Majer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Behold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 20, 2011, 07:52:07 pm »
Because there is no point.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 20, 2011, 08:16:16 pm »
Or maybe you are just slow.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #384 on: September 20, 2011, 08:35:18 pm »
Or maybe you are just slow.
He is.

First I was gonna tell him that it was already explained, but thought "meh, it's 25 pages. He probably didn't read them all".

Then he kept on being a derp and I'm just gonna say:
ARE YOU SLOW!?!?
They ARE gonna have different maps. They ARE gonna change map every now and then. But they CAN'T and WILL NOT because now they are focusing on IMPROVING Strategus ITSELF! Go read the rest of this thread instead of just derping with a "new" suggestion at the end of it and then being angry and whiny when people explains shit to you.

BAH! Stupid people makes me angry!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Majer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Behold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 21, 2011, 01:52:37 am »
The thing is, the whole split is pointless. Of course if by "improvement" I guess you mean actual subject of discussion. Throughout whole topic I couldn't notice any approved decisions regarding other aspects of strategus.

HURR DURR

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2011, 02:39:57 am »
Strat should be postponed until both maps are ready. Noone enjoys playing on 120+ ping. It isnt fun. (exceptions ofcourse)

Also EU needs to prove they can win because they lost every war for the last 50 years so they play slow and boring making no mistakes as if this is the reproving ground for the failures of their various societies (Im looking at you russia, not including how you invaded that beast of a nation Georgia). Americans like to play and play hard without worrying about proving themselves because we arent insecure with our place in the world. The two playing styles dont mix.

I personally dont like the beginning of strat peasant simulator with archers the only ones actually playing and the rest of us being useless archer targets.

Now with archers getting a buff it will be even worse.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:40:04 pm by Thax »

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2011, 03:20:05 am »
Strat should be postponed until both maps are ready. Noone enjoys playing on 120+ ping. It isnt fun. (exceptions ofcourse)

Also EU needs to prove they can win because they lost every war for the last 100 years so they play slow and boring making no mistakes as if this is the reproving ground for the failures of their various societies (Im looking at you russia). Americans like to play and play hard without worrying about proving themselves because we arent insecure with our place in the world. The two playing styles dont mix.

I personally dont like the beginning of strat peasant simulator with archers the only ones actually playing and the rest of us being useless archer targets.

Now with archers getting a buff it will be even worse.

You seem to forget that we are talking about a game not real life,
You probably hide behind a rock like they all did.
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #388 on: September 21, 2011, 03:26:43 am »
I don't know anything about other countries.

I agree.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2011, 03:44:27 am »
Im talking about my opinions on the reasons for the boring care-bear style of hand holding that prevails in EU. 

My first statement is what should matter....postpone strat until there are two maps.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:48:53 am by Thax »