Author Topic: i haven't one shot anyone in forever.  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
i haven't one shot anyone in forever.
« on: September 10, 2011, 12:16:06 am »
I realized how bored i am with this game when on seige today, EVERYONE was wearing plate and only the very new players were in cloth. Sorry but i've been playing since december and i still can't wear my Medium armor for long without losing money, how are people running around in transistionals without losing all their cash?

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
Re: i haven't one shot anyone in forever.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 12:19:59 am »
mybe theiy are loomsellers or they have just played enough? :shock:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 12:22:50 am »
I think it is a good thing not one shotting :/

Also, try slashing/overheading people in the head. 1.2 damage multiplier (or 2.1 for range) goes a long way.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 12:28:16 am »
I think not one shotting is a good thing :/

Also, try slashing/overheading people in the head. 1.2 damage multiplier (or 2.1 for range) goes a long way.

you talk like thats not what i've been doing, one shotting ought to exist though, especially if little one handers/warspears can stunlock you the way it is now. My GLA is pretty garbage now since everyone takes 3-4 shots for me to kill, and this is with the so called largest damage dealer. Why should i not go bec, or a hafted blade, given the fact that at the current level of armor users, high cut damage is pretty crap.

As of right now, CRPG is encouraging an incredibly defensive and boring playstyle. I'm losing interest in it.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 12:43:18 am »
+1
I find it amusing how the upkeep system has utterly failed and lots of people can run around in plate all day every day.

Since it takes FOREVER to retire now, the price of heirlooms has skyrocketed. Those who previously had a ton of heirlooms can sell them and play the market to make obscene amounts of money. Not to mention the fact that anyone can sell an heirloom point and make roughly 400k.

Because of all that upkeep doesn't really matter. Even though I don't wear plate I could wear it forever if I wanted to. Even one of my alts has around 300k. The only way anyone could reasonably expect to lose money would be to use an arbalest with no WPF or ride an armored horse all day.

Other than that...plate all day every day! HOORAY FOR UPKEEP!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 12:47:20 am »
I find it amusing how the upkeep system has utterly failed and lots of people can run around in plate all day every day.

Since it takes FOREVER to retire now, the price of heirlooms has skyrocketed. Those who previously had a ton of heirlooms can sell them and play the market to make obscene amounts of money. Not to mention the fact that anyone can sell an heirloom point and make roughly 400k.

Because of all that upkeep doesn't really matter. Even though I don't wear plate I could wear it forever if I wanted to. Even one of my alts has around 300k. The only way anyone could reasonably expect to lose money would be to use an arbalest with no WPF or ride an armored horse all day.

Other than that...plate all day every day! HOORAY FOR UPKEEP!

I never use the market because i use all my heirlooms, but i cannot take this grind that i have to do just so i can use my Cuir Boili while other people seem to walk around in their loomed transistionals and take 6 shots to put down.  Gets to a point where i don't want to even block anymore

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 12:57:14 am »
It's because many people earn money by using less equipment than what they could (light armor has it's obvious advantages too, and not everybody uses a horse). People that want to play in heavy armor or with a horse either sell their loom points or are good traders with a good cash reserve (you need 1M to start trading seriously).

Honestly, there's no objective point in selling looms to upkeep a big armor. The advantages are good, but the speed and wpf reductions are still there. All in all it is personal taste. You like light armor ? Okay you will win money, be barely disadvantaged on the field, all in all earn much more gold/heirlooms and be advantaged by the autololbalance (you are considered as a peasant when you have light gear, switched to the winning team more often). You like heavy armor/horses ? You will loose money constantly, have a slight advantage that won't even make you win more often (maybe 0,05% more win rate...), likely have to sell your heirloom points to keep up and be switched to the loosing side because you are an evil powergamer.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 01:03:46 am »
+1
I realized how bored i am with this game when on seige today, EVERYONE was wearing plate...

This whole thread reeks of NA, cos Eu couldn't be more different (every 2h agistacking whore spammer wears max Kuyak or stretches to Rus scale which is the latest gay trend)

Here are very few tincans, and my own tincan build (33/6 - 9 IF) get's 1shot often by random weapons, mostly longbow to the head -.- even with my lordly hounskull on - so i'm having the opposite feelings of the OP.

It all means, i'm not losing interest yet, especially when the round after i can go after those pesky archers with my scary gmaul and try to smash their skulls open...that to me is why it's still fun to play crpg.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:07:04 am by polkafranzi »

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 01:05:47 am »
This whole thread reeks of NA, cos Eu couldn't be more different (every 2h agistacker whore spammer wears max Kuyak or stretches to Rus scale which is the latest gay trend)

Here are very few tincans, and my tincan build (33/6 - 9 IF) get's 1shot often by random weapons, mostly longbow to the head -.- even with my lordly hounskull on.

So, i'm not losing interest yet, especially when the round after i can go after those pesky archers with my scary gmaul and try to smash their skulls open...that to me is why it's still fun to play crpg.

i've dueled EU guys and they're all faster than my 27-12 build, which is fine. But yes this is an NA problem because EU still has a crapload of archers and 2hs compared to NA.

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 01:07:07 am »
100% agreed. It looks like armor-weaponwise now we're in the pre-upkeep patch days.

This and broken Strategus balance (currently, ranged >> melee) makes my crpg experience less and less enjoyable every time I play this mod.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:09:45 am by _JoG_ »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 01:07:23 am »
+1
i've dueled EU guys and they're all faster than my 27-12 build, which is fine. But yes this is an NA problem because EU still has a crapload of archers and 2hs compared to NA.

trudat

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 01:27:36 am »
+1
Meanwhile, Tears of Destiny is still, to this day, using no more then 12K of gear.
On of these days.... I shall use plate and roll a melee... or go a Cataphract Horse Archer... one of these days...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 02:32:08 am »
+2
On of these days.... I shall have made as many posts on cRPG forum as ToD... one of these days...

I'm aiming high?

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 03:04:06 am »
Apply stabs directly to the forehead.
Works magnicifently well for me.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 03:06:08 am »

Ping plays a large part in this. Also you seem to favour holds alot, that makes you rather predictable and is rather dangerous when you have 120 ping. If I didn't use a flamberge I would have just spammed you as well.