Author Topic: Your Weapons, Your Confusion...  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Caldaria (Bridge Burners)
  • Game nicks: Stang_the_Swilling
Your Weapons, Your Confusion...
« on: January 25, 2011, 07:08:51 pm »
+1
Ok, so I am a 1h and I use a balanced espada, I have 8 ps and yet for some odd reason i still seem to whiff off of practicly every armor I hit. Something seems very wrong here, I should be one shotting people in atleast leather armors, and yet it still takes three to four hits. Tell me if you are having the same problem or if you feel that this is strange aswell. Because, pre-patch I barely had this problem, post patch it has yet to stop. So, I believe something went wrong with this weapon's, stats in the patch.

On, another note, I have picked up other 1h weapons and I have seen a major decrease in whiffs and out spammings.

I have changed this topic, into a discussion for helping others about the use of your style and weapon. If you are having problems with your weapon of choice please post. If you have answers or tips please post.

ALSO, YOU MAY POST YOUR WEAPON COMPLAINTS.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:55:11 pm by Mustang_Sweets »
I wear armor to protect myself from team mates.

That's right I am the beast master. Now, prepare to be tamed bitches!

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: Espada Eslavona
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 07:14:50 pm »
Ok, so I am a 1h and I use a balanced espada, I have 8 ps and yet for some odd reason i still seem to whiff off of practicly every armor I hit. Something seems very wrong here, I should be one shotting people in atleast leather armors, and yet it still takes three to four hits. Tell me if you are having the same problem or if you feel that this is strange aswell. Because, pre-patch I barely had this problem, post patch it has yet to stop. So, I believe something went wrong with this weapon's, stats in the patch.

On, another note, I have picked up other 1h weapons and I have seen a major decrease in whiffs and out spammings.

Are you perhaps trying to SLASH them ?
The Espada's base stats are only 26 cut (for slash) and 29 P for stab, the sword you are using is not meant for high damage slashing but for precision stabs through mail or plate, try stabbing more and slashing less.

Also 1h animations make it hard to get a proper speed bonus, this + the fact that the Espada has one of the weakest slashes for a 1h sword = you whiff a crap load even with 8 PS

This is just my opinion, I'm just stating basically what I think may be the problem.

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:07:41 pm »
Actually I stab alot and thats the problem the stab whiffs more than the slash, And it is Balanced so it has 29 cut and 32 pierce. So I'm just very confused by this fact.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 08:12:32 pm »
Cut damage scales horribly as armor increases. It is basically entirely stomachable if you have over30 armor. And thrusts are odd with the current animation/hitboxes.
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:26:01 am »
If you're whiffing on your stabs, my gut is telling me that your distance is wrong. Remember, it's a long sword, so if you're facehugging you WILL whiff. Smarter enemies will exploit this.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 01:01:20 am »
Sell it and use the Side Katana like everybody else.

Side Katana 1h

weight 1.3
requirement 8
spd rtng 101
weapon length 95
swing damage 32, cut
thrust damage 26 pierce

Normal Katana 2h
weight 1.25
requirement 9
spd rtng 102
weapon length 95
swing damage 35, cut
thrust damage 18 pierce
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 01:34:19 am »
Now add the extra speed and reach a 2h sword has due to animations and you get a clearer picture. Don't be silly. While it is one of the best 1h swords, it's not a katana.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline XavierX

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: XavierX, Tycho, Javier, Zeus
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 01:39:01 am »
A stab that is directly forward, rarely, if ever, lands correctly. You need to be firing it and then turning into the target in a side stabbing motion not unlike using a spear at close range. That is the easiest way to get more stabs to land.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 02:09:12 am »
What most of the people here have said pretty much cover it.  Mind you that while alot of people call 1her easy mode (ignore them) there's actually quite a bit of footwork/range knowledge required to avoid the glancing blow curse.  Facehugging is actually more effective with 2her/polearms as strange as that sounds, as they can angle up or down and hit you with the correct spot of the blade (I do this to shielders all the time on my 2her as it actually makes me hit sooner in the animation as well).  With a 1her at facehug range more often than not you'll glance.  At long range, more often than not you'll glance.  You really have to hit that sweet spot where you're hitting around 2/3rds or 3/4s of the way down the blade to really see the best return on your damage.

Also while the side sword is awesome now, the espanada is still a great sword in it's own right.  Besides, you don't want to follow the crowd.  I use the military cleaver, or heavy saber currently at least until the langes messer is fixed so I can go back to my signature sword.  While the stats on all of them are far and away sub par compared to the popular swords I get to enjoy having some style.   Stick to your guns and learn your weapon well until you can make it work for you.  :wink:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 03:50:01 am »
Today i just retired and respec as a shielder from a cavalry player
Right now im level 23 or 22 and............ i glance off cloth armor im very confused :(
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 08:29:47 am »
Thanks for all these opinions and tips they really do explain what i am doing wrong and what i need to train on. Thanks everyone and since the last post i believe i should open up a new topic for disscussion or maybe just change this topic's title

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Weapons, Your Confusion...
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 10:43:55 am »
Dunno, a clanmate dropped a masterwork long espada for my 1her to use once, was 1hitting people with stabs at 6PS :D

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »
hmm, even in full plate people can 2-3 shot me with one handers if they hit my helmet.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 01:46:15 pm »
Timing and footwork. They are your best friends.

I'm not very good at manual blocking, but I can still defeat people when using a 1h sword/no shield just by dodging their hits rather than blocking them. Footwork also let's you get in a position where you can hit your target in the sweet spot, which is very important for 1h weapons.

With your particular weapon (and the long espada eslavona), you don't depend on the swings for the kills, it's the stabs that kill people. Step back just out of range and when the enemy steps in to close the gap you do the same and make a thrust to the face area. If it hits (it usually does when you time it right - you should be faster than most of the side swings/overheads from most weapons) it's a killshot due to the movementspeed bonus.
Use the slashes to interrupt their attacks, do some damage and to avoid them from facehugging you too much.

If you absolutely do not want to bounce/whiff, get a military hammer/broad one handed battle axe/steel pick. But they have their own downsides (short, no thrust or very weak one).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 03:57:55 pm »
Okay, I just found out that masterworking my Espada Eslavona doesn't seem worth it. This comes majorly from the fact that at masterwork it only ends up with +3 cut +4 pierce +2 speed. What happened to my +4 +4 +2?