Poll

I want rewards for kills and/or surviving.

rewards for kills
7 (20.6%)
rewards for kills and surviving
11 (32.4%)
no its unfair !
16 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: February 08, 2011, 06:51:56 pm

Author Topic: Rewards for kills and/or surviving the round?  (Read 2720 times)

Offline Dreakon_The_Destroyer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Dreakon_ATS
Rewards for kills and/or surviving the round?
« on: January 25, 2011, 06:46:15 pm »
I think there should be a reward put back into this game for kills and also for guys surviving rounds. This is a RPG mod. You can't gain exp in most other games just standing or running around. This game is about kills, survival and having fun :).

Just add a small bonus so Gen10 guys and girls arent making masses more exp.

Hell dont even reward gold JUST exp so this doesnt interfere with equiptment upkeep.

50 exp a kill? maybe 100? maybe 250 for surviving the round.

Reward the winners
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:47:40 pm by Dreakon_The_Destroyer »
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Rewards for kills and/or surviving the round?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 06:53:07 pm »
Simply put, no.
Rewarding kills is not going to make any good, people would just go all frag hunting, killing friends in the process, not caring about protecting others, help them, just kill...that would not be cool, i like how now tactics gets to place, with rewarding killing this would be killed again.

I feel almost as good when i serve a horseman by killing horse to other people to kill him than i like killing. Why should not i be rewarded for warning my friend and saving his life, killing horse or something?

Nah, just let it be as it is...

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:57:27 pm »
I was just 'bout to say instant yes but being really smart I read Cepeshi's post.

That hillbilly is right. I want tactics and stategy (and roofcamping)! :)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 07:06:17 pm »
Simply put, no.
Rewarding kills is not going to make any good, people would just go all frag hunting, killing friends in the process, not caring about protecting others, help them, just kill...that would not be cool, i like how now tactics gets to place, with rewarding killing this would be killed again.

I feel almost as good when i serve a horseman by killing horse to other people to kill him than i like killing. Why should not i be rewarded for warning my friend and saving his life, killing horse or something?

Nah, just let it be as it is...

THIS.

There is already an incentive to get kills and help your team, and already hardly anyone actually tries to help their team mates by being a team player (covering friends, following the group) you think adding more rewards will give them incentive? Hell no, majority of people playing this game think its Call Of Duty where you run in and kill the whole enemy team by yourself and if you can't do that then you lose.
There is already an incentive to get kills and help your team win, it's called the multiplier.

ALSO

How it is now

WHEN AN ALLY COMES TO MY AID AND KILLS THE OPPONENT I WAS FIGHTING:  "Thanks man ! alright I'll follow you now where we heading"

How it would be with KILLS= XP/GOLD

ALLY COMES TO MY AID AND KILLS THE OPPONENT I WAS FIGHTING: "OMFG KILL STEALER YOU ****ING NOOB GET YOUR OWN KILLS" *Memento_Mori has killed a team mate !*

Adding more incentive to get kills will not promote team work.

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 07:10:20 pm »
Bullshit cepeshi. Us 5th gen chars deserve our skill bonuses. I help my team and usually don't kill enemy peasants(to easy) and rarely rl. On siege I usually average 5:1 kill to death ratio and in normal games im usually 3:1 I want my bonuses for being good. Im not asking for much. Like 10-20 per kill. Or maybe a bonus for the total survivors of a team where whole team makes cash (only for winners)Eg. 6 survivors, everyone gets 100 gold or something. Thanks all.

JOIN LL

Offline Freshest_Prince

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: D'Haran Legions
  • Game nicks: DL_Freshest_Prince, Sir_Goatfather
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 07:15:21 pm »
Bullshit cepeshi. Us 5th gen chars deserve our skill bonuses. I help my team and usually don't kill enemy peasants(to easy) and rarely rl. On siege I usually average 5:1 kill to death ratio and in normal games im usually 3:1 I want my bonuses for being good. Im not asking for much. Like 10-20 per kill. Or maybe a bonus for the total survivors of a team where whole team makes cash (only for winners)Eg. 6 survivors, everyone gets 100 gold or something. Thanks all.

JOIN LL

But what Cepeshi and Memento_Mori are saying is that having a good kill to death ratio doesn't necessarily mean you're good and deserve extra rewards.
And then I shat in your face

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 07:17:38 pm »
Us 5th generations? Who are you to speak for such a big group of players man? Get real. I am gen 4 and i do not mind not being rewarded for kills, i am more of a teamplayer, and on some maps i got quite sweet K:D also, but i do not boast about it, anything to make my team win :P

Rewarding kills would kill teamplay, now when i am fighting someone, and my friend helps me, i am glad usually, as i get enough opportunities to score kills in other situations. Other time I will be the one to save someone being bashed upon and i bet he would not mind if i save him.

Its just good as it is now, i see some people joining me and my friends on our ambush trips, during which we sometimes take down half the enemy team together, and that is fun, i do not care who got the kills as long as i get to win.

And imagine this, you pick your gear, spawn just to be instakilled by enemy cavalry hunting AFK players, i bet you would not like the fact you got your chance to get some sweeet bonuses taken away.

And, you ask for skill bonuses? Cmon, any char gen 1 in hands of skilled player could kill you no matter what, so...(not saying i am skilled, no way, but this is how it is, its the player, not the char...)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 07:18:29 pm »

JOIN LL

Lol and if they add this bonus I can't wait to hear how mad you get when people are 'stealing' your kills and your gold + xp bonus :P

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 07:21:16 pm »
Yeah Memento, we could get a threat: PENALIZE KILLSTEALING OMG!!

:)

Offline Freshest_Prince

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: D'Haran Legions
  • Game nicks: DL_Freshest_Prince, Sir_Goatfather
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 07:24:39 pm »
Yeah Memento, we could get a threat: PENALIZE KILLSTEALING OMG!!

:)

I'm sure angry mods would ban for stealing their kills. I can see it happening.
And then I shat in your face

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 07:30:36 pm »
But what Cepeshi and Memento_Mori are saying is that having a good kill to death ratio doesn't necessarily mean you're good and deserve extra rewards.

Exactly, how hard is it to score the last hit on a guy? or run up and back stab 10 guys in a row who were unaware they were being flanked, this imo is not skill & does not need to be rewarded more than it already is. On Sieges I can sometimes go 40 kills and 10 deaths, this DOES NOT MEAN I'M A SUPER GOD THAT DESERVES REWARDS AND XP AND GOLD, it means I have a wicked team that doesn't mind me coming in and finishing off the weakened opponents they have been fighting hard to keep back. Then me and my wicked team win, and we get a multiplier (reward) for doing so, just because I'm at the top of the score boards doesn't mean it's me winning the round for our team it's a team game, it's combined efforts and it's not fair if the guy going around getting the last hit on everyone gets rewarded more than the 1h shielder thats been defending the flag from ninjas the whole time & only has 13 kills whilst the guy was outside the walls spamming for his 60th kill, not even conscious of the fact that if one enemy kills that shielder and sits on the flag for 30 seconds he loses.

again just my opinion, some people may think that K/D is everything but then there's the team players who think it means Kraft Dinner & are happy to be of help tanking/dying/keeping aggro whilst the COD nuts go around trying to kill the entire enemy team by themselves.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 07:31:07 pm »
ok first off not to be rude, your english is horrible but heres my response...

frag hunting is ALREADY going on and those players usually are killed off anyways, thus losing a survival bonus and these guys arent giving two shits about teamwork in the first place.

killing friends punishes you. this would also solve the TK debate by subtracting exp from teamkillers. unless you meant its my job to protect others??? why is it my job to protect and serve other teammates? yes thats ok if your a tank or defensive build.

you think a guy that kills off half a team isnt a team player? i think he shud be rewarded

NOT 5000 exp a kill. just a small bonus so we can all meet in between.

Like i said add a small bonus.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:35:08 pm by Dreakon_The_Destroyer »
-Edmund Burke

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 07:36:29 pm »

you think a guy that kills off half a team isnt a team player? i think he shud be rewarded

I like how you think that guy kills half of the team by himself? Never seen it done, not even by Goretooth in his crazy heirloomed armor.

Mostly because auto balance isn't terrible enough to put 1v79, though I do have a screen shot of a siege where the teams were 3v73.. The 3 people lost though.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 07:38:13 pm »
your not understanding...this is a RPG mod. not everyone is in a clan and team work is encouranged but not a MUST cepeshi.

i appreciate teamwork and use it to win myself. but rewards for kills in a RPG is just how its got to be.

if you dont like exp or bonuses for kills the i reccomend you go and play NATIVE.
-Edmund Burke

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 07:40:28 pm »
your not understanding...this is a RPG mod. not everyone is in a clan and team work is encouranged but not a MUST cepeshi.

i appreciate teamwork and use it to win myself. but rewards for kills in a RPG is just how its got to be.

if you dont like exp or bonuses for kills the i reccomend you go and play NATIVE.

Sir, I don't think YOU UNDERSTAND. There is no reward for kills atm, so maybe ... You should take your own advice?
Also you don't understand that even the BEST player in this game cannot kill 30 people by themselves, they NEED their team, even if just to distract them and have them split apart.