Author Topic: Khudan AAR  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
Khudan AAR
« on: September 09, 2011, 10:19:51 am »
+3
In the dead of night, a small elite TKoV commando force crept upon the unsuspecting Khudan .  The Druzhina mercenaries were caught sleeping, their throats slit while they slept.  The one aware DRZ member was caught outside the City, trapped on the ramp between two raiders.  The grateful population quickly joined their TKoV saviors, recognizing their rightful Lords and swearing allegiance to King Trebor of TKoV. The Lord Uncle of TKoV reports no losses and complete cooperation from the populace with minimal enforcement from TKoV troops.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:25:49 am by Adoptagoat »
Adoptagoat: http://i.imgur.com/p5s51.gif
Voso the Worst: thats you
Adoptagoat: I know.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Khudan AAR
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:25:00 am »
+1
Man, you guys sound like some nice overlords, I think Curaw's popuulation should join you.  Nothing like a modern day coup de'tat regime change to spice up Strategus.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 10:27:34 am »
 8-)
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline _RXN_

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chadzina
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 10:31:22 am »
Adoptagoat, thank you, but Matey already reported the bugs that allowed to capture the city. http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,15395.0.html

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 10:42:55 am »
Adoptagoat, thank you, but Matey already reported the bugs that allowed to capture the city. http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,15395.0.html

well there was no bug that allowed us to cap the city, that was just lack of defenders showing up, but the spawns are bugged and i dont know if the ramp is intentional... with that few defenders though, we woulda won it with ladders if necessary.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 10:52:36 am »
well there was no bug that allowed us to cap the city

You keep saying that, but I don't think it's true. I'm pretty sure the attack shouldn't have been possible in the first place.
Don't.

Offline _RXN_

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chadzina
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 10:55:01 am »
Matey, let's be honest, attackers captured it because respawn was in the city and they are easily able to take flags. Anyway, everything was reported and left to wait for an official reply of admins on the forum.

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 10:59:35 am »
In all fairness, with 1 defender, we would have capped that city no matter where we spawned, choose what you're bitching about wisely.
Adoptagoat: http://i.imgur.com/p5s51.gif
Voso the Worst: thats you
Adoptagoat: I know.

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:03:45 am »
You keep saying that, but I don't think it's true. I'm pretty sure the attack shouldn't have been possible in the first place.

There are beta testers but nothing is really tested if you are right, strange.
Maybe chadz should stop strategus and fix the bugs and exploits and then start with a wipe.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:06:46 am by Karmazyn »
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 11:14:14 am »
There are beta testers but nothing is really tested if you are right, strange.
Maybe chadz should stop strategus and fix the bugs and exploits and then start with a wipe.

That's not what the beta testers are for, they test stuff like new game modes. There's no closed Strategus beta, finding bugs is the only reason why this current Strategus round is running.

I suggest making a think tank about exploits and bugs.
There are not only cities a problem. AI doesn’t buy throwing weapons, no good shields and 1hs, always war cleaver, arbalest, long bow and so on. There is no variation in equipment. Spawn camping at flags, flags always on walls, catapults make walls useless and many other things like op arbalests...

Judging by past experience, there's probably no better exploit-finding think tank that the devs could put together than this ridiculously competitive community. AI equipment buying is obviously pretty screwy, but redoing it at this stage is obviously very low-priority. I hope chadz will do it before the next round begins, and to that end suggestions can always be made. It's the same for many of these problems, I think.
Don't.

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 11:26:15 am »
That's not what the beta testers are for, they test stuff like new game modes. There's no closed Strategus beta, finding bugs is the only reason why this current Strategus round is running.

Come on, 2 people can load every castle or city on empty server and check the spawns, the gates, the walls or maybe there are ramps or other bs really fast.
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 11:28:05 am »
Well, it's the people in charge of maps who screwed up that job, but yes, obviously they should have done that ages ago. It's also pretty ridiculous that they didn't fix the rest of the towns after the Dhirim siege, but there you go. However, even if we had a closed Strat beta running, it's anyone's guess whether we would have had the idea of trying to attack a town with 100 people. I for one had no reason to think it had suddenly become possible.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:29:24 am by okiN »
Don't.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 04:40:13 pm »
The spawn points are obviously a problem.  But you shouldn't be able to attack any AI controlled village, castle or town without having a certain percentage of troops (like 1/10th or w/e).  I think the 1/3rd requirement is a little high, but it should be something.

I guess there's no reason not to give it a try, you can just retreat if things aren't in your favor and not lose any troops gold or equipment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 06:15:20 pm »
Why is raiding castles and cities even possible? It doesn't make any logical sense. They have giant fuck-off walls, how are you going to raid them?

Considering raiding is time based or whatever and the defenders are stuck behind their walls I would suggest just turning off raiding for cities and castles in general, make it an army and village only thing.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 06:18:35 pm »
Why is raiding castles and cities even possible? It doesn't make any logical sense. They have giant fuck-off walls, how are you going to raid them?

Considering raiding is time based or whatever and the defenders are stuck behind their walls I would suggest just turning off raiding for cities and castles in general, make it an army and village only thing.

It actually already has been.  This wasnt a raid, wasn't allowed as an option - its why TKOV got the city ownership.  What happened was that neutral fiefs dont have the 1/3rd rule for attackers so any army can try to take them on (e.g. attack a 500 pop neutral village with 100 well-armed fighters.)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo