Author Topic: I would pay more for a Full Name Change  (Read 2179 times)

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: I would pay more for a Full Name Change
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 09:54:28 pm »
+1
I like how my own personal vent spurred into a good conversation. I just wish there was an option, like I said before, for people to pay the price for a name change. Hell, I'd honestly sacrifice 20% xp if I could change my name right now, as would my ex girlfriend seeing as she's now stuck with the name Tankingschick and actively plays M&B ...... yeah.

I agree with growing the community and names sticking to players, but when your game name for every other game involves a base word of "Tank" and you find out that a crap-ton of people have the word "Tank" somewhere in their name, you realize you might wanna change your name. Just food for thought, wish it was there, it used to sometimes allow you to change your name quite a bit but now it seems it won't budge at all.

lol

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 08:04:09 am »
I was about to write this, how has no one else said this already.

/thread already.

We already know this. *Facepalms* It was mentioned a lot, but I'm talking about Changing name -without- retirement. It would be a nice feature. I see all the RP aspects and individuality and blah blah blah whatever but it would be nice to change names. Some people starting out become Frank412805 and realize that Frank412805 doesn't look as cool as HankDaMoFoTank but they have to invest a lot of hours into getting their name changed--when it should be an option. Durno, my opinion.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 09:45:50 am »
A full name change once per gen would be nice, I cba to waste hours on alts just to change their names.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 10:28:35 am »
When you retire, there is a one hour window to do a complete name change.

Use it.

How many people actually know this is possible?  No one ever tells the average player shit
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline ABCF

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • david spade
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The_Real_Gamers
  • Game nicks: The_Real_Gorath
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 11:10:55 am »
I like how my own personal vent spurred into a good conversation. I just wish there was an option, like I said before, for people to pay the price for a name change. Hell, I'd honestly sacrifice 20% xp if I could change my name right now, as would my ex girlfriend seeing as she's now stuck with the name Tankingschick and actively plays M&B ...... yeah.

I agree with growing the community and names sticking to players, but when your game name for every other game involves a base word of "Tank" and you find out that a crap-ton of people have the word "Tank" somewhere in their name, you realize you might wanna change your name. Just food for thought, wish it was there, it used to sometimes allow you to change your name quite a bit but now it seems it won't budge at all.
Dude, how weird is it to see your exgirlfriend in cyberspace?

What do you say?

Can you declare rape?

I've never experienced.  One time an ex was on Facebook but I was drunk told her she had great tits.  She deleted but I readded her because I was the one in control of that relationship.  I bet you'd love to hear about that.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 11:27:35 am »
I like the way it is now.  Having a static 'base name' helps establish the community.  It's fun to know who you are fighting just by the equipment they are using, knowing who to 'avoid' and who is fresh meat.  Then every now and then someone you expect will wear a set gear changes it up and catches you off guard for a round or two :D

It's fun to have an identity.

If more people could change their identities quickly it creates an opportunity for trolls or people who have earned poor reputations to hide behind a new character.

Besides, if you want a new name so badly just make an alt.

This. cRPG is unique because the community is very small and we know each other.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 06:30:15 pm »
She deleted but I readded her because I was the one in control of that relationship.  I bet you'd love to hear about that.

What? What do you mean "you were in control?" It takes mutual confirmation on FB to add friends/make relationship statuses....
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 06:32:21 pm »
+1
What? What do you mean "you were in control?" It takes mutual confirmation on FB to add friends/make relationship statuses....

Im also confused as to what the fuck hes on about lol

Offline ABCF

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • david spade
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The_Real_Gamers
  • Game nicks: The_Real_Gorath
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 08:53:14 pm »