Author Topic: Respawn time in Siege  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
Re: Respawn time in Siege
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:26 pm »
it takes 35 seconds to spawn for defene only 5 for offence(7 times longer)<that to me is ridiculousness)

and yes people not trying to protect flag R a factor.but there have been plenty of games where i had somehow got a good chunk of the team defending important points by yelling "SIT ON FLAG AND GATE OR WE LOOSE" (flag gates choke points etc) and we were defeated miserably i hate to say it unless defense has a good 3-4 people with 3/1 k/d and up and most of the team 1/1 they will loose,new maps and old.because if someone doesn't get at least that 1 kill we will get over run because spawn is seven times longer,even more so if one of the smart skilled players who have a 24/6 k/d sits in the flag area dies.

and whats this strategy for offence???they do not need to do anything strategic at all so long as they get through the few choke points defense usually organizes and keep killing as many people as possible b4 geting killed and instantly re spawn to run the same route and do the same thing and offence team will win eventually because offence is PERFECT for that strategy

EVERY game that im offence i go the SAME route to flag and usually get the SAME resullts victory. u just eat away at there defence and u will win seeing how one person can sit on flag and cap it within the 35 seconds it takes u to spawn(<<<THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME BOTH OFFENCE AND DEFENSE)

i play siege alot but i play battle mostly because in battle u can ACTUALLY keep your multi but once u get switched to defense its already gone.whenever i get out of battle because im tired of watching people play when i get killed early or i just dont feel like battle. im not the best player im not at the bottom of the list but im usually around middle or top unless im trolling in my honest opinion i think offence wins bare minimum 80% of the time and the only way to win is if u have very high amount of unusually high amount skilled players/organized clans and a defensible map map to get a low CHANCE to win to me that is not right at all

im just asking to lower respawn time...because whenever i get switched to defence im like "there goes my multi Q_Q" or im like "defense always looses" and every once in a while someone will disagree yet 80% of the time whether or not im on defense it looses and its that awkward silence from them lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 02:43:15 am »
Having everyone at flag isn't always a viable tactic, because on most maps, attackers can get to flag within 30s, and defenders just lose the battle of attrition (unless the map has a good choke point near flag). The key is to have like 50-75% of defenders at flag, and the other 25-50% distracting the attackers far from the flag. Cav at spawn, archers kiting along the wall, pro blockers dueling people in the courtyard, etc. Attackers just can't resist the urge to chase some idiot around instead of taking flag.

I don't know how to make people actually use tactics on defense, other than maybe removing Kills and Deaths from the scoreboard for siege, and replace it with wins or something else actually related to the objective of the map. Battle is about killing the other team, so it makes sense to track K/D, but you can be the MVP of your team in siege without getting a single kill (shielder on flag, for instance). Or at least only track kills within a certain distance of the flag.

Having a few guys distracting and closing gates etc is always good but when i am the last guy at flag, surrounded by attackers, die, see that we have 25 guys left and none of them are anywhere near the flag, is disheartening.

snoozer: im sure ive lost games when the majority of the team has sat at flag but you've got a lot better chance of winning as defender if u make sure your ass is there when it's needed and not on some random wall

to say that the team lost because they were defending the flag is silly - it takes 5 secs for attackers to spawn but at least 30 to get to the flag (no fighting) - it takes defenders that time to spawn, and anywhere from 0-15/20 seconds to get to the flag if they dont have to fight and know where they're going

if defenders dont get more kills and both teams are going for the flag equally, defenders will probably lose, but that's fair as the attackers have to do all the hard work
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:47:22 am by RandomDude »

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 10:15:26 am »
Having a few guys distracting and closing gates etc is always good but when i am the last guy at flag, surrounded by attackers, die, see that we have 25 guys left and none of them are anywhere near the flag, is disheartening.

snoozer: im sure ive lost games when the majority of the team has sat at flag but you've got a lot better chance of winning as defender if u make sure your ass is there when it's needed and not on some random wall

i didnt mean it that way i ment EVEN THOUGH they were at flag they still lost,not because they were at flag they lost.(i hope i put it better this way)

ONCE i realize  im defense i usually tell everyone to camp flag or some other important landmark like a gatehouse but it rarely works or if it does it somehow fails in the last minute of the round

and so what you are saying by your own example is we r correct about the spawn time

to say that the team lost because they were defending the flag is silly - it takes 5 secs for attackers to spawn but at least 30 to get to the flag (no fighting) - it takes defenders that time to spawn, and anywhere from 0-15/20 seconds to get to the flag if they dont have to fight and know where they're going

^so even though we are spawned in the very castle the flag is in it takes us the same time as offence if not more to get to our flag?

-and even then god only knows where the defender spawns in the castle(or in some maps outside the castle  :| )

-they usually have to go the same path as offence to get to flag thus have to fight to the death wherever they are,just to get to where they are suppose to be?

id much rather just have ONE SPAWN(at a keep of the castle for example) to where we spawn we can get organized by whats going on not just get droped on said random wall so we get blamed for not defending flag when not even 4 seconds after spawn were getting either in a fight,geting jumped,or on some mad dash to flag just to halt the process so hopefully the next person who spawns does the same thing before i die due to the fact i had to do a mad dash to flag where odds are half the offence is because they all get spawned usually in one area where they can easily just follow the mob

if defenders dont get more kills and both teams are going for the flag equally, defenders will probably lose, but that's fair as the attackers have to do all the hard work

what hard work??? everything is built for there gain
King: *From atop his high soapbox* "The Blorks are invading from Blorklavad!"
Crowd: *Boos*
King: "We shall build a castle!"
Crowd: *Cheers*
King: "It shall be strong, and have wall that cannot fail!"
Crowd: *Cheers and whistles*
King: "We shall build a gate allowing our calvary to ride out and meet the invaders!"
Crowd: *Exuberance and fanfare*
King: "I'll let you decide who gets to open and close the gate during battles!"
Crowd: *stunted cheering while looking at each other*
King: "It'd be best if we don't have an overlook on the gate in case it's raining during the attack!"
Crowd: *Look up at the king*
King: "Also, I'd like a flimsy back door to the castle, 12-20 hits with a small sword outta take it down."
Crowd: *group /facepalm*
King: "And... sell all our boiling vats of oil to buy some ladders, need em strewn about the walls for aesthetics."

Really, we're limited by the game's design. But sometimes I can't help but imagine the thought process in map design. Usually... when I'm losing on defense.
^^^jic u missed his perfect example of how offence "earns" there victorys

idk how it was in native it was too long ago sence the last time i played siege in it to compare it to crpg. but from what i do remember it was nowhere NEAR as easy.there were times the first two minutes was the team pushing siege tower JUST to get in castle because they have the ladders on lockdown where in crpg im usually in the castle by the first minute

i hope i cleared up my prior post with this breakdown, if anything else was misinterpreted i would love to right another reply.

out of all the threads im posting in this one i consider one of the most important(that i can think of right now atleast). siege and the deathmatches were my favorites in native,these battles r killing me slowly i would love siege brought to its former glory

(im thinking of posting something about deathmatch but ill save that later)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:32:39 am by Snoozer »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 08:28:55 am »