Author Topic: Has this ever happened to you?  (Read 894 times)

Offline Lawdy_Lorden

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Has this ever happened to you?
« on: September 08, 2011, 05:23:41 am »
+2
I was playing Siege a few nights ago and a player (whose name rhymes with "Far Smelly") was randomly team wounding and team killing team mates, including myself and a friend. I'd start hit him back after he hit me and he would take screenshots and post them in the forum. Unaware that protecting myself from a team mate was a major offense, I was banned without any warning for 3 days. The other guy (despite three other players submitting complaints on the forum and him having multiple bans in the past) got away 100% scott-free. I took all the screenshots I could of his team hitting and they were all dismissed, including screenshots of him on his horse running into me back and forth a bunch of times in a row.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else here? Feels like I'm going to need Fraps running 24/7 just to avoid all the trolls. :P

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Has this ever happened to you?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 02:40:00 pm »
Get a better lawyer next time  :P

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 04:45:00 pm »
People are morons. Sorry for what happened to you, but trolls are trolls because they think they can get away with it.

Warnings should be issued before a ban, but that's at the discretion of the admin (most of which should not have that power).

When you defend yourself against these trolls, just block. Yes, it's a major offense, but sometimes admins are complete idiots, and do stupid shit. Some even think it's a license to troll.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 04:52:35 pm »
Admins generally don't look into things. They also need video proof half the time. My assumption is that they're mostly just blind.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 04:55:50 pm »
+3
haha the best thing to do against trolls like that is to just block their spam attacks and embarrass them. No Tks but get in his face and block every swing, it's more fun than actual CRPG.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 04:57:15 pm »
haha the best thing to do against trolls like that is to just block their spam attacks and embarrass them. No Tks but get in his face and block every swing, it's more fun than actual CRPG.

You get some practice out of it, too.

If you're using a shield, just put it away and start blocking like a BAUS.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 07:28:07 pm »
+2

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 09:24:15 pm »
Never ever revenge teamwound or teamkill, unless you know you'll get away with it. I don't know how many times a day this needs to be said. You'll be the one caught and punished nine times out of ten, while the original troll won't get anything.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch