Author Topic: Le Royal kick-kick-ban avaa hakas' guidelines for EU1  (Read 2090 times)

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Le Royal kick-kick-ban avaa hakas' guidelines for EU1
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:32:50 pm »
+1
Hey guys, yesterday i was bored so i wrote a few guidelines for admins on EU1, tell me what you think of it!
They could also be used on wolves server because wolves are definitely the worst admins ever...

click on spoiler if you're bored too
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:31:42 pm by highglandeur »

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
Re: LE ROYAL KICK-KICK-BAN AVAA HAKAS' GUIDELINES FOR EU1
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 02:40:22 pm »
are u drunk?

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
Re: LE ROYAL KICK-KICK-BAN AVAA HAKAS' GUIDELINES FOR EU1
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 02:46:50 pm »
+1
The main rule: NO CAPS LOCK!
If you break the main rule, you are PERMABANNED FROM MY MINECRAFT SERVER!
uhm
ye :)

PS: I dont have a minecraft server.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
Re: Le Royal kick-kick-ban avaa hakas' guidelines for EU1
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 04:17:11 pm »
+1
Dude, not the minecraft server, that's pretty low man. Not cool.  :cry:

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 05:03:47 pm »
oki i removed the caps in the subject, rest is in spoiler they're too much man, so don't click if you are capsophobic :s
Come on our ts breed some dogs with papa smurf and he will give your admin's rights back mate!

Sincerely, i believe you should get it back at some point, I told you i voted for removal, but only to send a message to all admins, not to punish you. I have never witnessed you looking down on players or insult them or expect them to lick your arse (except in the "not so necesary" multiple unban requests), I don't even remember you being arrogant. What i remember is far too much long term bans, almost never a kick  and no clear rules for admins (but many for players). Pink text and 300days bans all over, lots of players pissed off, I was fed up with it mate. It wasn't only you. As I told you, some players wanted you to remain admin because you were the most active's, but that was the main reason for me and others to vote against it.

I feel bad and stupid about it now, because it ain't so fair you had to pay for everyone, plus it was a total fail, which I could have expected if I knew better. No message has gone through man, i see a guy giving a 10mn ban for leeching and a few days later same admin banning 7 days for leeching, i suppose it ain't so bad i remember higher numbers, but still admins are far from being consistent atm.
So me and others hurt your feelings for nothing because we thought it would make admins understand they should be softer, but everyone now believes it was personal grief, while it wasn't.
I already talked to you about it, just saying again i'm sorry and i'm not proud it had to be this way.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 05:08:51 pm »
Hi
Yes, Im capsoholic, it made me not read your wall of text :(

Im still not sure what the message you guys wanted to send was.
-You voted yes on an admin that almost always warned first, often several times, and used a lot of spectating time to make sure the right decision was made.
-Who unbanned people 0-3 days after unban request was made (where the banned could tell us that he understood why he was banned).
-This was on a nomination where several clans was trying to use their amount of members to tell the admins that they wanted special threatment.
-This was not supported by any attempts to discuss bans or admin rules in general chat or anywhere else.
-You removed the only admin who had actually made such a thread in the general forum (which showed the community was split 50/50 on if an obious intentional TKer should be banned without warning), and adjusted my administration to (nearly) always giving 1-5 warnings before ban.

By this you did send the message that listening to the community is a failure. I don't think this was the intention. I think that explains why your message wasnt recieved.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:30:18 pm by nuffen »

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 05:30:36 pm »
Sorry man, really didn't mean to get you pissed off there, my bad man really.
In my honest opinion, 99% of the bans I witnessed did not require any rules reading and clarifications. The guys knows he's doing wrong when he does it. There's no need to make sure he understands why, since as you said the guy was even warned. I took this permanent ban-unbanrequest game like something more twisted, and I didn't like what came in my mind when looking for the real reasons behind that dark spot in admin's behavior.
But you are right mate, i probably should have get involved then, maybe that's why i'm doing it now, maybe it's a bit late...

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 05:38:37 pm »
and man believe me, again it's nothing personal, i voted against the only admin i could vote against, the only nominated admin ever in my playtime.
Really the murmi story i didn't follow, didn't read the forum drama. I know I should have, he was angry at me for not taking part and not picking a side and now he got mad and left. Really man, please believe me, its not personal, i was not informed of your doings in forum, only in game, since i was playing all day.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 05:38:44 pm »
I apologise if I sound pissed off. I just don't understand the way this message was sent. But a tip to your first post, maybe you should make a shorter, less wall of tekst-post, with well written arguments, and make it clear what you wanna change. :)

I think the main reason the ban until unban post survived this long is because it work. I noticed a huge difference after we started doing it, people who got 3 days off, often came back to do the same over, but after the head admins changed the rules to ban until unban post, the banned rarely got banned again.
The sad part, which made me doubt the system, is that several people never make such a post.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 05:51:51 pm »
You know mate maybe i shouldn't get involved in this any further, i miss the references since I haven't been playing this game for long enough.
I just spoke for myself anyway, I just felt no clear rules applied on admins really, only proof I had is that admin's behavior was not consistent.
And I may be in a minority group here, but I am against the constant ban-unbanrequest system, I feel it should be kept for very serious offenses.
Anyway man, you know my guidelines were meant as a joke really, I dunno why I went all emotional when you posted, my bad man.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 05:56:13 pm »
Sorry, didnt mean to bring your thread off-topic :(

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 06:01:34 pm »
i even think im gonna ask someone nice to move this to the spam section mate ;)

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 06:03:30 pm »
Hey, you got some good intentions. Just try to make it shorter, without caps. Concrete, short suggestion with some good arguments goes a long way.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 06:07:05 pm »
ok mate, in fact it is there, skip the maj text at beginning and go to the section called "Le Royal kick-kick-ban avaa hakas' guidelines for EU1", its about 20 lines only :)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 06:18:02 pm »
Someone should ban this guy.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.