Author Topic: My fail raid on Slezkh  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
My fail raid on Slezkh
« on: September 07, 2011, 12:39:10 am »
So with the wipe incoming and the fact that I go on holidays for more than 10 days, I decided to try a raid.
I was near Slezkh, Drz was at war and occupied, the village had no army, it was a perfect target (Drz, there was no malice against you, please do not take it personally :rolleyes:).

The raid was a complete fail (ofc village was reinforced with 1k troops), anyway i didn't even participate in the battles, i thank all the person that showed up, but i can't know who they are. In fact i encounter two small issues with this raid (was somewhat a good experience as i learned something) :

First, the village didn't showed the night time settings (happened to Hospitalers also), this makes battle time somewhat random for the attacker, it's fun but embarrassing!
(So the battle time has fallen badly for me, so i was not able to return from work in time).

Second, i have no record of "my" battle on char strategus page, and i don't have the roster anymore, i can't pay hired mercs. I guess it's because i have no faction (or may be because it was a raid). So as a clanless player, if you want to "exist" and be able to pay mercs, you would have to create your own strat faction for the record.

Again, thanks to the people who showed up, you killed 59 village troops, good job with this crappy gear and so few teammates with you  :D!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:41:44 am by Blondin »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: My fail raid on Slezkh
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 02:13:59 am »
I did the same thing almost.  Tried to attack village and just got a 'you cannot do this' error message.  So I attacked some random guy

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 04:02:30 pm »
Nightime shown only if u click on owner of the village. Which sucks because u don't know when u can attack fiefs.
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »
Or you have a clan that rotates ownerhship of all fiefs between its 2 leaders so you get 16 hours where its fiefs can't be attacked,*wink**wink**nudge**nudge* Nebun *wink* *wink*.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 06:34:32 pm »

If I would be chadz, I would rage about this.
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 06:41:08 pm »
Or you have a clan that rotates ownerhship of all fiefs between its 2 leaders so you get 16 hours where its fiefs can't be attacked,*wink**wink**nudge**nudge* Nebun *wink* *wink*.

So, we can theoretically have permanent night time then for fiefs... Yay... Ugh.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 06:50:35 pm »

This is not possible. And by the way we got attacked by order of the lance and Haven, and only u said you couldn't, it means problem at ur end.
And if u set a night time u still can be attacked, it will only transfer you battle after the night time. So u must be doing something really wrong.

1. maybe not enough troops, or we was transfering troops through village after this.
2. picked something that was attacked already but haven't noticed
3. u was sitting in a fief and u can't attack from within a fief
when UIF looks at you

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 06:55:54 pm »
we have had 3 different players from 2 different factions who ran into this problem while attempting to attack DRZ villages or players, all 3 had left fiefs and had either 1/3 the enemy troop count, or more troops than the enemy, none were able to attack. I've no idea why its working this way, as I have seen that your night time has led to battles being delayed as opposed to prevented (at least usually) but it is a major issue and I really wish chadz would give us some feedback on why it is happening so that it can be avoided in future.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 07:00:32 pm »
did u take village population into account?

and what error message did u receive?
when UIF looks at you

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 07:26:38 pm »
Question: What was the nighttime of both of you?

Somebody already mentioned it could be because the night time (of defenders) could delay the battle to the night time of attackers.

Not sure if that is the problem or how the code works, but it might be worth it to check it out.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 07:51:30 pm »
So with nighttime settings do you still get to recruit and make money during these hours?  If so, that's fucking retarded. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 08:12:48 pm »
@Nebun, yes we took population into account. and one of the targets was vovka before he could lock adoptagoat in battle.

@Zapper, as for night times, one of the players had no night time set, another had a night time which was an hour away from starting, and the other i dont know.

@crazycracka, a fief under attack only has a 5 hour window to receive reinforcments (used to be up to 13 hours with night time which was awful, but got fixed), so even if players in the fief continue to make gold/troops they cant put them in the fief. as for players who get attacked... you can only attack playes who are in the open, thus they arent making gold or troops.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 09:09:44 pm »

@crazycracka, a fief under attack only has a 5 hour window to receive reinforcments (used to be up to 13 hours with night time which was awful, but got fixed), so even if players in the fief continue to make gold/troops they cant put them in the fief. as for players who get attacked... you can only attack playes who are in the open, thus they arent making gold or troops.

Thanks for response, I am however aware of the scenarios you present.  I think if you are going to set hours you are unavailable for being attacked (or more precisely defending an attack), you should also not be able to work or make money during those hours.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 10:19:41 pm »
so you would suggest that anyone who has a 8 hour window where they wont have battles scheduled should have 8 hours where they cant get troops/gold? its already hard enough getting gold...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 10:29:34 pm »
so you would suggest that anyone who has a 8 hour window where they wont have battles scheduled should have 8 hours where they cant get troops/gold? its already hard enough getting gold...

But just think, DRZ production would drop by two thirds!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.