Author Topic: Druzhina & White Company Contract  (Read 15339 times)

Offline tony

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wizard Company
  • Game nicks: His Holiness, Strife
Re: Druzhina & White Company Contract
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2011, 01:26:38 am »
SeQuel and Louie stop posting in this shit

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2011, 01:29:34 am »
Good idea, I'll bring that up in our next meeting.

Wait, scratch that shouldn't it be the Brown Company? I'll just mention both.

hmm maybe Green with corn on mexican  buffet night?
Leader of BS

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2011, 01:36:00 am »
I am sorry but this is sheer nonsense. Stocks have two types of valuations. One is a value created using some type of cash flow, sales or fundamental earnings analysis. The other value is dictated by how much an investor is willing to pay for a particular share of stock and by how much other investors are willing to sell a stock for (in other words, by supply and demand). Both of these values change over time as investors change the way they analyze stocks and as they become more or less confident in the future of stocks.

By these two standards are stock has gone up. In an intrinsic stock valuation model we prolonged and increased our future cash flows, notwithstanding a severe disruption in the market i.e. the imminent Gold wipe. In the supply and demand model you can clearly see that our contact have only gotten bigger so by that measure our stock is up.

Au contraire mon fraire, if we would have done what you have suggested, we would have forgone a lucrative contract and have lost all our gold with no hope of replacing it!

The point is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8y6DJAeolo&NR=1

Assuming you meant 'our stock' rather than 'are stock' by both standards I only see your "stock" going down. If this theoretical stock was supposed to pay out to theoretical stockholders, the gold wipe just crashed that aspect of your stock completely. The same gold wipe also would have lowered demand as people don't have as much to pay for your supply. And now that I've just written those two sentences, it occurs to me that if you're being paid in crpg gold rather than strat assets, both those statements are irrelevant, but I'm too lazy to backspace through them.

But still, if you go by popularity value of your "stock" (aka your reputation), unless you've significantly contributed to any particular faction obtaining an advantage, I don't see how your reputation would have gone up. But if accusations are right about you only executing one attack and then losing right before recontracting to the side that defeated you, it's entirely plausible that your reputation would go down.

P.S. When I was originally writing about the black White Company, my original intent was to point out the irony between their faction name and their faction color. But as I read over what I wrote, I realized how incredibly racist it sounded. So I did the right thing and posted it anyways

Offline firmitas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Louis_de_la_Vallee
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2011, 04:24:18 am »
Assuming you meant 'our stock' rather than 'are stock' by both standards I only see your "stock" going down. If this theoretical stock was supposed to pay out to theoretical stockholders, the gold wipe just crashed that aspect of your stock completely. The same gold wipe also would have lowered demand as people don't have as much to pay for your supply. And now that I've just written those two sentences, it occurs to me that if you're being paid in crpg gold rather than strat assets, both those statements are irrelevant, but I'm too lazy to backspace through them.

But still, if you go by popularity value of your "stock" (aka your reputation), unless you've significantly contributed to any particular faction obtaining an advantage, I don't see how your reputation would have gone up. But if accusations are right about you only executing one attack and then losing right before recontracting to the side that defeated you, it's entirely plausible that your reputation would go down.

P.S. When I was originally writing about the black White Company, my original intent was to point out the irony between their faction name and their faction color. But as I read over what I wrote, I realized how incredibly racist it sounded. So I did the right thing and posted it anyways

Our new contract will guarantee future discounted cash flows after the gold wipe. Indeed if we had not made this contract the intrinsic value of our company would have have gone down. Given that we did, our valuation based on future cash flows is assured after the Gold wipe. As to our stock's valuation in relation to the market, one can argue that we were severely undervalued when we were under the old contract. Under this more lucrative contract, our value went up.

As to your reputation arguments, if they were true, why would DRZ contract us? You are giving more value to negotiation tactics, than to the negotiations' final outcome. Ask yourself, why would DRZ contract a depressed asset after having invested so much in aggressive negotiations? I tell you why: because far from being a depressed asset, DRZ concluded that contracting the White Company would increase its Net Present Value.

Please, stop. I do this for a living.

Volent aleae!

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2011, 05:25:12 am »
Like listening to a buncha little kids mang.. On the shogun 2 honor scale Ts/Wco rate as 1. Dishone-rabel.
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2011, 05:35:37 am »
As to your reputation arguments, if they were true, why would DRZ contract us? You are giving more value to negotiation tactics, than to the negotiations' final outcome. Ask yourself, why would DRZ contract a depressed asset after having invested so much in aggressive negotiations? I tell you why: because far from being a depressed asset, DRZ concluded that contracting the White Company would increase its Net Present Value.
That really depends on whether you're being paid in crpg gold or strat assets. If it's the former, then it's entirely possible that there's enough spare gold to afford mercenaries. If it's the later, then I actually am somewhat impressed. Either way, the fact that you've actually been hired isn't really a good measure of popularity. I could be the crappiest barber in the world, and I bet somebody would still be willing to throw $5 at me to give them a buzz cut if they have plenty of money to spend and need a simple haircut. What would be a more accurate measure of your popularity is how many different requests you're getting and what prices people are willing to pay. Then again, even with prices, it's hard to tell how popular you are since I don't know the average price for mercenary contracts. If we could get all the mercenary clans to post what requests they're getting for the same kind of work, it would be more obvious. Or if it's something ridiculously low or high like 1K or 1M, I could probly judge without contrast.

Offline firmitas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2011, 05:52:56 am »
Like listening to a buncha little kids mang.. On the shogun 2 honor scale Ts/Wco rate as 1. Dishone-rabel.

You are hardly in a position to talk about honor, Mr. Glass House. And I would think that even you would be wise enough not to employ Shogun analogies, considering what happened to your now-defunct Seven Samurai clan, and what you almost did to Hospitaller during its beastly creation.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:26:48 am by firmitas »
Volent aleae!

Offline firmitas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2011, 06:13:21 am »
That really depends on whether you're being paid in crpg gold or strat assets. If it's the former, then it's entirely possible that there's enough spare gold to afford mercenaries. If it's the later, then I actually am somewhat impressed. Either way, the fact that you've actually been hired isn't really a good measure of popularity. I could be the crappiest barber in the world, and I bet somebody would still be willing to throw $5 at me to give them a buzz cut if they have plenty of money to spend and need a simple haircut. What would be a more accurate measure of your popularity is how many different requests you're getting and what prices people are willing to pay. Then again, even with prices, it's hard to tell how popular you are since I don't know the average price for mercenary contracts. If we could get all the mercenary clans to post what requests they're getting for the same kind of work, it would be more obvious. Or if it's something ridiculously low or high like 1K or 1M, I could probly judge without contrast.

Looks like we are at an impasse. You are entitled to your opinion. I would just respectfully note that your barber analogy is misplaced. Indeed there are many barbers found at that price, but there are fewer in where they are getting paid progressively more for their services. As for popularity, our ethos is economic prosperity by ethically fulfilling our contracts. And just like it is not from the benevolence of the barber that we expect a good haircut, but from their regard to their own interest, he does not expect us to go to him because we find him popular even though he gives us a bad haircut.

But I appreciate your cogent argument. Regards.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:20:42 am by firmitas »
Volent aleae!

Offline tony

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wizard Company
  • Game nicks: His Holiness, Strife
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2011, 06:46:41 am »
Louie for fucks sake stop posting in hurr

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2011, 08:31:37 am »
@BIRD

Its the nature of Capitalism.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline The_Devious_Duc_Volpe

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Devious, Legitimate Businessmen
  • Game nicks: The_Devious_Duc_Volpe
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2011, 04:24:56 pm »
You have ruined my trolling thread....I am much displeased.
Hell, I’ll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he’s gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there’s a woman, or if I’m gettin paid; mostly only when I’m gettin paid.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2011, 09:13:38 am »
Good way to start - dishonor first merc contract and sign up on opposite side.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2011, 03:15:17 pm »

Lol, wow 3 weeks adn that was the best you could come up with.  Its funny you looked for my post specifically, which was one of the earliest once and I haven't posted since, because I didn't give a shit.  You are really reaching now angle hahaha.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2011, 03:53:26 pm »
Lol, wow 3 weeks adn that was the best you could come up with.  Its funny you looked for my post specifically, which was one of the earliest once and I haven't posted since, because I didn't give a shit.  You are really reaching now angle hahaha.

What do you expect Kesh? Dude was literally for the hellwrold hacking mess because it happened to LLJK first, then decided to change his mind once it was happening to other people. Dude's a bit angry over vidja games, ya heard?
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2011, 04:03:08 pm »
What do you expect Kesh? Dude was literally for the hellwrold hacking mess because it happened to LLJK first, then decided to change his mind once it was happening to other people. Dude's a bit angry over vidja games, ya heard?

He does seem a bit upset.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo