Author Topic: How much for that Warhorse in the window?  (Read 831 times)

Offline r4mmr0d

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How much for that Warhorse in the window?
« on: September 05, 2011, 12:04:47 pm »
Hey guys, should i purchase a destrier for a lancing build (would be an upgrade from rouncy) get a warhorse, or grind even longer for a cataphract? Does it make sense to sell the rouncy, buy the dest, and then buy a cat for high multiplier games? i'm pretty bad so the heavy horse is hardly going to assure my team victory, but i like the idea of a mobile crushing 1shot lance horsebrick. thanks.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
Re: How much for that Warhorse in the window?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:06:06 pm »
+1
Keep the rouncey, it's always best to keep some low tier items just in case you might need to be in savings mode.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 12:45:13 pm »
+1
Keep the rouncey, it's always best to keep some low tier items just in case you might need to be in savings mode.

This. Never sell anything unless you are forced to because you don't have more ingame slots available or when you see a very good deal on the marketplace and you need money fast.

Offline r4mmr0d

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 12:48:18 pm »
Would it be absolutely retarded to buy a warhorse instead of a dest/cat?

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 12:51:18 pm »
Would it be absolutely retarded to buy a warhorse instead of a dest/cat?

It would be, if you dont have a 100k buffer to upkeep it

Stick with the rouncey, get some cash
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 05:19:51 pm »
+1
keep rouncey.  if the only way you could have afforded a new horse is to sell your rouncey...you clearly dont have enough money to BE cav or PLAY as cav.  You should have all 3 horses, roucey, destrier & an armored horse.

warhorse is not different enough from Destrier to be worth while.  Go Cata or regular Charger if you want a tank.

For someone new to cav, I would use nothing but a rouncey and light or regular lance while you learn.  Once you start getting good with this, use a courser or destrier w/heavy lance.  Yes a rouncey will die ALOT due to ranged spam, but it makes you mindful of them and how to avoid it.  Plus after you're dehorsed you can just steal someone elses.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:21:01 pm by Digglez »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:45:29 am »
Only keep heavy horses for those days where you feel like wasting money. Even though I rarely use it now, I still have a desert horse and rouncey in my inventory, just in case I have a horrible time and lost huge amounts of money with my courser. I also have a Mamluk horse, but that only comes out on those times GK decide to roll heavy cav, and even then I'll only ride it 3-4 rounds if I'm lucky with upkeep.

It takes a lot of grinding, but unfortunately for cavalry the only way to be safe with your money is to have lots of options. Upkeep/multipliers can be very luck based and sometimes you'll be on the losing team for hours, or the winning one for hours.

I ride my courser until I get down to 15k gold. If I get below that I switch down. Fortunately I usually have a buffer of 30k, but if you're heavier cav using heavier/more expensive armour, you'll have to play it safe.