Author Topic: Wider PoV  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Wider PoV
« on: January 24, 2011, 09:50:40 pm »
+1
I know this is possible in some FPS games (UT series, Quake series) and even in games like Oblivion/FO3-NV.  Does Warband support this?  Being able to set your view scale?  Depth scale?  I'm not sure the actual term for it as it's been a while since I've had to go through and edit a game for it.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
Re: Wider PoV
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:04:18 pm »
Anyone play with 2 or 3 screens out there?  :o

Would be curious to know if it works

Gorath, do you refer to having the view zoomed out away from your characters back?
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:05:39 pm »
I was wondering this a while ago but gave up.  Having a bigger field of view might make playing in first person possible.  Recently I've been using the numpad - key to zoom out a bit though in third person.

Offline GaenaralHONK

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd_Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_GaenaralHONK ; 22nd_Honkytonky ; Swafnir ; Imma_Throw_Up
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 10:09:43 pm »
what gorath means is that when you play in first person, you got a set viewfield, for example 90° (possibly what you actually have)

in games like quake or unreal tournament you can higher the degrees, so you can have like 180° of viewfield, which looks pretty awkward on my monitor actually, i cannot play with something likes this

everything just gets thinner and you can see more around you - with 180° you should see everything from your left to your right shoulder

i personally have never seen anything like this in m&b, though i don't play first person ever so i never cared about that - even if i played first person i wouldn't care about it cos it just feels strange having an 180° viewfield on a 17' Monitor

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 10:18:31 pm »
Anyone play with 2 or 3 screens out there?  :o

Would be curious to know if it works

Gorath, do you refer to having the view zoomed out away from your characters back?

Not yet, but after my tax return I'm still debating 3 screens, or 1 really big screen (there's a nice 36" flat screen I wouldn't mind).

I'm referring to altering the PoV aspect.  Umm... Kind of takes your view and makes it more spherical?  So you can see more of the sides/around your character (but in front of you ends up looking kind of stretched away from you).

Fuck... I'll see if I can find a link that explains it better.  I'm kind of retarded trying to describe it.

what gorath means is that when you play in first person, you got a set viewfield, for example 90° (possibly what you actually have)

in games like quake or unreal tournament you can higher the degrees, so you can have like 180° of viewfield, which looks pretty awkward on my monitor actually, i cannot play with something likes this

everything just gets thinner and you can see more around you - with 180° you should see everything from your left to your right shoulder

i personally have never seen anything like this in m&b, though i don't play first person ever so i never cared about that - even if i played first person i wouldn't care about it cos it just feels strange having an 180° viewfield on a 17' Monitor

Nevermind this guy explained it much better.  This is exactly what I'm talking about.  I've been playing alot (battle/siege and duel servers) in 1st person view for lulz, and have to admit it's fun but the view is so limited.  I would be way more keen on doing it more if I could set my viewfield to give me more peripheral vision.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:20:33 pm by Gorath »

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 10:31:09 pm »
That would actually be really sweet! Great idea! I wish it could be done...

I remember how Borderlands was unplayable without it, or so it seemed after trying a 110' fov.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:08:01 pm »
That would actually be really sweet! Great idea! I wish it could be done...

I remember how Borderlands was unplayable without it, or so it seemed after trying a 110' fov.

I'll look through the settings and .ini file and see if it's possible.  If so I'll post here so other people know.  I always liked 1st person in SP mode but bots are fucking retarded compared to real players  :lol:

That and it reminds me of morrowind/oblivion in 1st person ( yeah, I appreciated Oblivion for what it was, even though it wasn't all that great in the series )

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 11:22:39 pm »
The closest thing you can find to POV in MnB right now is using the +/- keys on the numpad.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 11:25:31 pm »
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,150247.msg3613441.html#msg3613441

"It's hardcoded and developers have stated several times that they are not interested in changing it."

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 11:47:55 pm »
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,150247.msg3613441.html#msg3613441

"It's hardcoded and developers have stated several times that they are not interested in changing it."

Ohhh.  Well damn.  Thanks for finding this Thomek.  Guess that answers that.

*lol, ever since these forums came about I've totally abandoned the actual TW forums.  Go fig.*

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 03:59:27 am »
I play FPS games with 120 FoV always if i can edit it. I'm addicted to that extra bit of vision ever since Wolfenstein: Enemy territory.
I'm always sad when i can't edit my field of view. :(*
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.