Author Topic: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered  (Read 23517 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered
« Reply #345 on: September 16, 2011, 10:58:08 pm »
It sounds to me like you want cav to have the ability to pick of infantry regardless of their skills/weaponry/build. And I'm telling you that is not balanced nor how cav has EVER worked in this game.

Cav has ALWAYS been the *gank* class. Its weird how you people don't seem realize this. Infantry will ALWAYS be the backbone of the army. Cav and to a lesser extent archers are just support.

Look at any given *good* cavalry player. Do you ever see them directly charging inf if they aren't rocking a plated charger?

infantry is a gank class, cav is suppose to be the one that attacks the flanks and rear. As of right now, this is very hard against aware enemies because of the instant turnabout lolstab of 2hers and long polearms. Yes cav's role is to pick off people that stray from the main battle group, but if thats their sole role than cav is tactically useless when confronting with an organized enemy. IMO, cav should be used to clearing out archers from the battlefield and enveloping the enemy infantry after the 2 main body engages.

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 16, 2011, 11:12:25 pm »
....Dude did you read what you just wrote?

Everything in that post supports what I just said. Cavalry is a GANK class. Unless you somehow think attacking someone who is unware or from the flank directly engaging them.

Cav is support, period. The phrase is "Call in the cavalry" for a reason.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #347 on: September 16, 2011, 11:17:29 pm »
....Dude did you read what you just wrote?

Everything in that post supports what I just said. Cavalry is a GANK class. Unless you somehow think attacking someone who is unware or from the flank directly engaging them.

Cav is support, period. The phrase is "Call in the cavalry" for a reason.

my meaning of gank is "get a lot of people together and attack the other smaller number of people". Infantry is more like this, while cav is about surprise and ambushes (solo mostly).

if infantry was more about line fighting rather than who has the most damage dealing weapons, then i can say that infantry is not a gank class. However, this is not the case. Infantry kills so fast that by the time cav enters the game, they get roflstompped by the greater number of victorious infantry.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:19:38 pm by Thucydides »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #348 on: September 16, 2011, 11:21:29 pm »
better version:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 16, 2011, 11:23:54 pm »
+1
I hopped into battle last night, and what glorious sight met me there? Random Plains!!!! Not a roof-top in sight, nobody wasted a slot with ladders, and there were no crappy buidlings for people to scurry into and leech.

I expressed mild (pleasurable) surprise, and wondered aloud how cavalry was doing in this fight. I got mixed answers of "raping me" or "being raped". I hopped on my powerful steed, took my javelins, mace, and shield to hand, and rode into battle with my friends. What I saw shocked me!

I saw groups of infantry following their archers to their hill. I saw archers focusing on clusters of targets that sprouted arrows like a bird sprouts his winter plumage. I saw groups of polearm users setting up where they could protect their ranged from any incursion. I saw players with shields sticking together and advancing with support from their ranged and cavalry, while 2-handers and polearmers followed closely, waiting to strike the moment the enemy was close enough. I saw cavalry circling the mass of enemy fighters, distracting the enemy and harassing any foolish enough to separate from their main troop.

What I didn't see : I didn't see archers survive when they separated from their troops. I didn't see cavalry survive when they stood still long enough for ranged to draw a bead. And I didn't see cavalry charging in and steamrolling anyone. Cavalry that mixed it up in the main mass either got dehorsed, or shot from their steed with ease.

It was a great time for everyone I think (though there may have been some disgruntled peasants, they generally died well before I engaged in close combat), and showed that when a team pulls together, there isn't a single OP factor in this game. Each troop type shines in it's situation. Cavalry did their best work when they could distract/separate, then attack. Infantry did theirs when they could stick together for protection. Ranged did theirs when they were supported by their team. Even with no rooftops, ranged got huge amounts of kills, but the "Range is OP" whining stopped for that battle.

TL:DR : Even in random plains maps, cav isn't OP, it's just what you make it.

Needs a shout out, because people are dumb. So many people want to be Rambos, gtfo Rambos

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #350 on: September 16, 2011, 11:26:17 pm »
Needs a shout out, because people are dumb. So many people want to be Rambos, gtfo Rambos

I think some people forget that this is not singleplayer, and you are fighting other people.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 16, 2011, 11:29:04 pm »
+2
I think some people forget that this is not singleplayer, and you are fighting other people.

Explain.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2627
  • Infamy: 2047
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 17, 2011, 12:06:49 am »

So you suck at ramboing and want us to suffer :(

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #353 on: September 17, 2011, 01:50:30 am »
So you suck at ramboing

Hypocrite : P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #354 on: September 17, 2011, 02:17:55 am »
So did they finaly nerf cav? havent been playing for a week now and that chagan seems butthurt, were there any changes?
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 18, 2011, 12:54:39 am »
I don't Rambo - Therefore I cannot suck at Ramboing.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 18, 2011, 10:23:50 pm »
+1
I don't Rambo - Therefore I cannot suck at Ramboing.

No, you just suck.

Offline Aldric

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 19, 2011, 09:36:30 pm »
1 word. Bumping bug on the last patch is clearly an unneeded nerfs. Hopefully it's just a bug (since it's not on the changelog )

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1458
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 19, 2011, 09:38:17 pm »
Well, bumping makes it hard for most cav (since many cavs are total noobs) but it has a good side. It teaches you to bump less which means you'll avoid bumping your teammates while they are fighting the enemy. Let it stay for awhile, just for the educational purpose :wink:

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #359 on: September 22, 2011, 05:53:02 pm »
Well, bumping makes it hard for most cav (since many cavs are total noobs) but it has a good side. It teaches you to bump less which means you'll avoid bumping your teammates while they are fighting the enemy. Let it stay for awhile, just for the educational purpose :wink:

no. cav just teambump you in a brawl, you get killd, they say "sorry" and they're clean. why bother to learn riding? you just need to say "sorry".