Poll

Do you want to see ladders removed from public Battles?

Yes
194 (59.1%)
No
134 (40.9%)

Total Members Voted: 328

Author Topic: Remove the ladders from Battle please. POLL  (Read 9392 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Remove the ladders from Battle please. POLL
« on: September 03, 2011, 06:00:34 pm »
+9
I dont know how hard can it be.

Talked to allot of ppl recently and everybody agrees they should be out.

Its quite ridiculous what some maps turn into (well most of them)

discuss, vote.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Remove the ladders from Battle please. POLL
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 06:01:43 pm »
+3
As discussed in the Suggestions Corner, I agree, they need to go.

Also, the people who will say no are mostly those, who abuse this "feature." They want their unreachable place every round I guess.

I could take/post so many pictures where ranged brings a ladder, destroys it, then enjoys the fresh air up there for the entire round, camping. Is this how a Battle happened?  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:08:25 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 07:04:46 pm »
+1
Should have been done months ago......

Only purpose of ladders in battle mode is for Ranged players not having to turn off cRPG to go play left for dead 2...
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 07:25:54 pm »
I say yes cause I'm admin on pecores server and I'm tired to say "get down " again and again.....

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 08:02:59 pm »
+4
Every round I see ranged players putting up ladders, climbing to the highest roof on the map, then destroying the ladder.  Is this even allowed based on server rules?  I tell them to get down in admin chat at the end of the round, but I kind of just want to start blanket kicking people who do this as it certainly seems like an exploit.  If I did that, I'd have to kick 10-15 people per town map. 

Played on EU1 a couple times and there was literally 15 ranged players on one roof each round in a row, its horrible.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 08:15:46 pm »
+1
Every round I see ranged players putting up ladders, climbing to the highest roof on the map, then destroying the ladder.  Is this even allowed based on server rules?  I tell them to get down in admin chat at the end of the round, but I kind of just want to start blanket kicking people who do this as it certainly seems like an exploit.  If I did that, I'd have to kick 10-15 people per town map. 

Played on EU1 a couple times and there was literally 15 ranged players on one roof each round in a row, its horrible.

hey some of us here are naked riding sumpters with 2 medium ladders

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 08:38:51 pm »
+7
I'm melee but I think ladders add an interesting strategic option.

If you removed them, you should add preset "permanent ladders" to maps which don't already have them. This way, archers would still have roofs but melee could also get on top of them. Seems balanced imo.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2949
  • Infamy: 2868
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 08:54:27 pm »
+1
Not at all, cause many of those map ladders are bugged...like many other elements on map...

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 08:55:29 pm »
+2
I'm melee but I think ladders add an interesting strategic option.

If you removed them, you should add preset "permanent ladders" to maps which don't already have them. This way, archers would still have roofs but melee could also get on top of them. Seems balanced imo.

Nope.

Even if you have a shield, you're a sitting duck while using a ladder, prone to get killed by arrows.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 10:01:42 pm »
+2
Nope.

Even if you have a shield, you're a sitting duck while using a ladder, prone to get killed by arrows.

Well i"m a sitting duck on the ground for cav, but you don't care about that eh?  Honestly, I don't see too many ladders getting put up these days, but I know its just a slippery slope, first you'll lobby ladders away, then the "make being on a roof altogether illegal" crowd will start up.
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 10:38:59 pm »
+2
Voted no, that will just buff horse...

Also If you can't get the archer because they're camping a roof, just don't go near them and wait for the Flag. They will probaly lose the round if they don't get down anyway...  :lol:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 10:42:15 pm »
+1
God, this again.

Abridged version:

No, ladders add dimension, player strategy, they can be dealt with. 

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 10:44:04 pm »
+3
Voted no, that will just buff horse...

Also If you can't get the archer because they're camping a roof, just don't go near them and wait for the Flag. They will probaly lose the round if they don't get down anyway...  :lol:
This...gets..so...tiresome! Maybe it's just EU 1 but once some arseface plants a ladder at a building the shit hits the fan. The rest of the map is just roofcamping. I blame the flat roofs on the desert maps, they seem to inspire people to think 'I have an idea, lets pew pew from the roof'.

Ladders are gay, make no sense whatsoever. If archery can't survive on flat ground, the balance is off. Thus the balancing should be fixed, I look at you cavalry!

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 11:50:29 pm »
+1
This...gets..so...tiresome! Maybe it's just EU 1 but once some arseface plants a ladder at a building the shit hits the fan. The rest of the map is just roofcamping. I blame the flat roofs on the desert maps, they seem to inspire people to think 'I have an idea, lets pew pew from the roof'.

Ladders are gay, make no sense whatsoever. If archery can't survive on flat ground, the balance is off. Thus the balancing should be fixed, I look at you cavalry!

So many EU (and now NA1) maps are straight cav fests.  All open ground with a few buildings in the middle.  It makes perfect sense that ranged players want to be in the one spot on the map where they won't be lanced in the first minute of battle

edit: I'll also add that my point of view is from that of an arbalest player who has to stand there exposed and reload for 10 seconds between shots
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:53:04 pm by Adam_Bomb »
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 12:02:25 am »
+2
So many EU (and now NA1) maps are straight cav fests.  All open ground with a few buildings in the middle.  It makes perfect sense that ranged players want to be in the one spot on the map where they won't be lanced in the first minute of battle

edit: I'll also add that my point of view is from that of an arbalest player who has to stand there exposed and reload for 10 seconds between shots

Most archers don't even have problems dealing with cav on completly open ground. 1 cav vs 1 archer on open ground : archer wins because he either OSed the cavalry or OSed the horse then the guy. Even worse with throwers. Xbowers are either hybrid and can defend themselves, or so agi-oriented that they are impossible to catch as a cav.

So even without roofs ranged are a difficult target for cav. If the archer is not 100% unaware of you, you stand no chance and have to flee.

Fact is, my kills as a cav are probably 70% of infantry, 20% of other cav and 10% ranged.

Roofs make this even more one-sided by making the archers absolutely immune to both cav and infantry. What would archers think if suddenly all melee troops got an armor that negated all ranged damage ? :lol: Well that's exactly what ladders are, but the other way around.