Author Topic: Balance Polearms  (Read 7020 times)

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Re: Most pikes are questionable in 1v1, why not ingame?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 05:41:05 pm »
Joxer, who only uses a pike, well duh of course douchebag you're not gonna want anything but status quo

*Doh* screw you. I dont use a pike. Pike is my main enemy.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 05:46:10 pm »
*Doh* screw you. I dont use a pike. Pike is my main enemy.

lol got ya, but its true I've seen u "Joxer the Pikey" and all u use is that pike, well of course why would you want any nerf to it, y'all brought the lobbying I only brought the Turth, which obviously can't be handled
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 05:47:17 pm »
Ffs I haven't even touched the pike in ages. I got it for one round cause I thought there was a new animation. I'm all halberd and pike is my main enemy.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 06:02:47 pm »
I agree with those on here who have pointed out that the ingame Awlpike is not the same as the Awlpike described in the OP and therefore the poroposals are based on false information.

HOWEVER, looking at the polearms, I can see some inconsistencies that do need looking at imo.

1) The Ashwood Pike - Why is it so heavy?  The Pike is almost twice it's length yet lighter, whilst the Awlpike which is roughly the same length but much lighter is only slightly faster.  If the Ashwood pike really is deliberately that heavy then it should be much slower than it is.

2) Why is the Awlpike sheathable whilst similar weapons are not?  If it is due to being fairly light (only 2) then why can't the light lance (1.5) be sheathed?  And if it is done by length (which I always assumed) then why can't the Swiss Halberd and Flamberge be sheathed?  Finally, if it is some sort of combination of length and weight, then I'd say you definitely shouldn't be able to sheath the Long Maul with its weight of 7 and length of 125.  I'd really like to know what the criteria is for this, since I can't work it out at all.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 06:25:08 pm »
Why did Gorath's daughter get called into this? Does she use two polearms? o.O
Professional poop cleaner

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 06:55:52 pm »
Lower spear speeds, one big problem that can't be fixed is that polearms easily cause hits due to their hitbox flaws right a the 0 range, Walt's testing showed in the first 1/3 of a thrust the 2h animation doesn't deal damage, but the pole does, this is what causes those inch stabs with polearms, slowing their speed would help mitigate the faulty hitbox

My test was for the two handed polearm thrust i.e. the thrust preformed with a polearm without a shield and/or mounted.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 08:48:44 pm »
+1
or wield a shield/spear to be immune to ranged and then again switch to dueling sized polearm
No.  Slot system.  Dunno how you have 5 slots.   :rolleyes:  Oh yeah, you don't.

*Raging downs child drivel forthcoming*
How on earth you get by in society is beyond me given how absolutely moronic, ragey and immature you are.  It's really sad for someone of your supposed age.

lol Fatty Gorath who ALSO plays a Red Tassel Shielder with guess what, A Poleaxe on his back
Again dumbass, slot system prevents this.
Shield =1
Red Tassel = 2
Poleaxe = 2

Oh shit, 5 slots.  Damn, I guess you're full of shit.  AGAIN.

in other words, getting "HELL NO DON'T DO THAT" from ugly daughtered gorath
Why did Gorath's daughter get called into this? Does she use two polearms? o.O

Because Kronik is a moron that thinks acting like a childish cunt is the same thing as being a villain or trolling.  He's an idiot, ignore him.
It's all just 2h'd lobbying from him anyways.  He brings up the "last polespamurai" character as if that means anything, but he was barely average on him.  Yup, sure fire proof that all things non-2h are OP.  You betcha.

lol got ya

Sign of an idiot:  Thinking that having someone tell you that you're wrong is the same as "getting" them.   :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:34:41 pm by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 09:30:02 pm »
lol 3 to 1 KDR is not average, I do better than u thats for certain man, just look at my steam screenshots, I save basically all the maps I play on, not sure who you're kidding, polearms are the best because u can do everything with them, they can do what both other classes can do(best on cav, shield use, great large fast dueling weapons that break shields)

I mean ur gonna troll me whatever I say, so go ahead, but u and I both know you're truly bad compared to me, that won't change lol, good news is ingame you suck

oh my bad carrying a pike and a poleaxe,  wrong screenshot but the same thing applies
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:36:15 pm by DrKronic »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 09:35:39 pm »
+1
I mean ur gonna troll me whatever I say
:?
You have serious mental health issues.  You know that.
Seek help.  Seriously.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 09:36:59 pm »
:?
You have serious mental health issues.  You know that.
Seek help.  Seriously.

lol, sure man, your the one who attacked someone in public and got arrested for it, not me trucker of trollwisdom +3, I know you from voice remember dumbshit

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 09:41:17 pm »
+1
lol, sure man, your the one who attacked someone in public and got arrested for it, not me trucker of trollwisdom +3, I know you from voice remember dumbshit

You are seriously fucking delusional.  I would tell you that what you're describing never happened, but you obviously have no grasp of reality anyways.  Get therapy man.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1770
  • Infamy: 876
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 09:54:01 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 10:16:42 pm »
You are seriously fucking delusional.  I would tell you that what you're describing never happened, but you obviously have no grasp of reality anyways.  Get therapy man.

lol, what you're doing is called projection Gorath...........go get laid, my suggestion is a hooker as u are horrible with women IIRC, my wife says you need to lose some weight that might help your self-esteem

Back to the Problem

Polearms get=
Best cav usable weapons
Ability to use wpp with shields/without
"2h greatsword" like weapons except they get bonus vs shields(Poleaxes)
Horse rearing
plus u can use a 300 length pike and bring a poleaxe on your back
not to mention every good throwing weapon is guess what a polearm

all I ask for is true balancing of the classes, if u want every1 to be polearm users just remove the others

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 10:40:43 pm »
Sure Kronic.  That's why I'm the one coming up with imaginary "RL", as much as a delusional fantasy could be called "real life", stuff to try and attack people with.  You're pathetic, and you will probably always be pathetic.  Dunno who you got your info from, but the scenario you described above with the supposed "arrest" never happened in this reality.  Maybe in YOUR delusional reality, but that's an issue for a therapist to work out.  The fact that the only thing you have to go on is poor attempts at some RL insults simply shows how much of a failure you are.  Get a job, and buy a clue.

You should also check out http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4112.0.html
(click to show/hide)
Back to the Problem 
You seem to be the biggest problem in here but ok:

Polearms get=
Best cav usable weapons -  Sure, lances are polearms yes
Ability to use wpp with shields/without - Morning star, Bastard sword, Longsword, Heavy Bastard sword, Fighting Axe, Langes Messer, The pick thing, Goedendag.  I'm sure there's another one I'm missing.  So 2hers have this ability as well.  Oh and bloody 1hers can as well!  Who'da thunk it?
"2h greatsword" like weapons except they get bonus vs shields(Poleaxes) -  Only with far far shittier animations, far far less reach (lol2hstabofpikelength), on average slower speed ratings.  But yeah, the polearm AXES are better than 2h axes, which logically shouldn't exist because you don't use a fucking axe like a 2h'd sword or you'd break your wrists and have absolutely no control of the weapon at all.  All "2h'd" axes are used with a polearm grip.  So logically 2her's should have all axe weapons removed anyways. 
Horse rearing - Half sword and you can do the same.  OMG BUT THAT REQUIRES DOING SOMETHING OTHER THAN 2h LOLSTABBING!  Still I'll give this point to you because I know you'll whine that you shouldn't have to halfsword to do it.
plus u can use a 300 length pike and bring a poleaxe on your back - OMG you can use a 300 length pike and bring a greatsword on your back!  WOW, what a concept!  Oh, you think pikes need WPF points to wield?  Silly boy.
not to mention every good throwing weapon is guess what a polearm - ..... really?  Did you just polearm whine about throwing weapons?  used in melee?  ffs man.

All you ask for is the ability to be a douche and bitch about anything that's not a 2her.   :rolleyes:
Overall weapon balances between the types, and in general balance within the mod itself, is at an all time great spot.  It's the players and meta game that cause most of the issues, or the shitty engine itself.  Perhaps if you have your head removed from your ass for a moment you'd see this.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:15:37 pm by Gorath »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 11:17:13 pm »
We should remove polearms from the game.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.