Author Topic: Ladder Rules  (Read 890 times)

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
Ladder Rules
« on: September 02, 2011, 07:45:48 pm »
+2
We all know that when a person or group camping an unreachable spot which was reached with a ladder is the last one or ones left, they have to come down. However, I've seen multiple cases where the ladder is left in place, and the enemy team breaks the ladder just to force the remaining people left down to the ground. I think it's dumb that they HAVE to leave because the enemy team won't face them. I think if the camping team destroys the ladder, they should have to come down when last alive, but if the other team destroys it, it's their fault and they should have to deal with the consequences.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Ladder Rules
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:17:05 pm »
+2
remove ladders from battle and problem solves itself

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 01:42:26 am »
Good idea, but how can we be sure about exactly WHO destroyed the ladder? Also a lot of campers like that hit the ladder until it has very little health so they can hit it and ladderpault the people charging up it and then jump down afterwards. There really is no good way for it to work on big servers. Digglez idea is still an option though but I kinda want ladders there. Just remember that being able to get up on those roofs is a GIFT and being forced to go down them is just you guys having to go where you are NORMALLY supposed to be.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 09:31:07 am »

Your problem-solving style, crumple problem sheet and throw away. Its not solving.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 09:33:00 am »

This must be done at once!

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 11:47:19 am »
likee just remove the destroyable ladders and let people make maps with deployable ladders already set.
because if we do what you say.
archer wil just damage the ladder and when the entire team is up there thel destroy it and send them flying :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 11:59:56 am »
We all know that when a person or group camping an unreachable spot which was reached with a ladder is the last one or ones left, they have to come down. However, I've seen multiple cases where the ladder is left in place, and the enemy team breaks the ladder just to force the remaining people left down to the ground. I think it's dumb that they HAVE to leave because the enemy team won't face them. I think if the camping team destroys the ladder, they should have to come down when last alive, but if the other team destroys it, it's their fault and they should have to deal with the consequences.

So basically you want that roofcamping my old friends are certified they will be able to ladderpult people ? Most ladders are deathtraps and the only reasonable way of defeating the campers is forcing them out by breaking the ladder, or camping under some cover, which is extremely lame. Anyway, the only realistic solution is to remove roofcamping in the first place. No ladders, no roofcamping, no problems.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 02:08:37 pm »
+2
ladders should be removed and reintroduced the day we can burn buildings with torches killing everyone on it.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 05:37:11 pm »
+1
Old m&B had a mod called 'Fire Arrow' which, oddly enough, had arrows that were on fire.  Great for taking out doors and ladders (on that mod).  Would it be way too much of a pipe dream to have the small wooden buildings destructible.  Even if not, I'm gonna have wet dreams tonight of campers screaming in agony as the flames lick around their ankles.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 06:04:55 am »
So basically you want that roofcamping my old friends are certified they will be able to ladderpult people ? Most ladders are deathtraps and the only reasonable way of defeating the campers is forcing them out by breaking the ladder, or camping under some cover, which is extremely lame. Anyway, the only realistic solution is to remove roofcamping in the first place. No ladders, no roofcamping, no problems.
As soon as they ladderpault one person they have to come down.

Edit: Also I don't disagree with Diggles.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:06:07 am by JayPet94 »