Remove ladders from battle?

Yes!
106 (58.6%)
No!
51 (28.2%)
I like the view
24 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Author Topic: Remove ladders from battle  (Read 7953 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Remove ladders from battle
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 04:16:37 am »
+1
Do it, many people won't miss them.

You have my vote on this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 04:25:39 am »
+1
Remove siege shields aswell, they hide behind them. And swords too. We now moved from "nerf x" to "remove x".

Oh, also - dont fix pikes. Not at all. Focus on removing ladders.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 04:39:40 am »
+3
Ladders not ok, siege shields are.

Roofing makes the whole tactics and cooperation part more stupid. First things that happen is that archers run to some roof and the rest charge. There is no element of protecting archers, archers moving with the group etc.

Rather than buffing archers after removing ladders, I'd like to see a nerf of the no.1 archer killer. Cav. Preferably maneuverability and/or lance damage.

Archers get no second chance once they are 1 shotted, and stand a bad chance in a 1vs1.

Roofcamping are also the no1 most popular delaying method..  and probably represent a large amount of the bans and kicks.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Fatwalrus

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 07:06:10 am »
+1
I would be disappointed if this happens.
On my 2H guy in battle I often use a ladder to flank an enemy or approach an archer spot from an unknown angle. Ladders are fun to use and they make the maps less predictable.

Battle is the -only- server my whole region (oceanic) can play on with <200 ping, which means battle is the only opportunity we have for using ladders or tactics. cRPG already seems very focused on large scale siege battle while forgetting about the <40 player servers. It's a little disappointing when any new gamemode or map is designed for large scale warfare and there is nothing new for the smaller playerbases.. but I am okay with it.

I understand that we aren't a priority but it would be a shame if you started taking things away from this group. On our server you get the occasional roof camper but they get votekicked if they do anything too annoying. If the ladder is destroyed the archer has to get down or be kicked (even if it's destroyed by attackers) It works well.. the archer gets the height advantage and cavalry immunity for a while but can't be a complete idiot.

I do have an archer character but that's not why I want to keep ladders, I shoot from the ground unless I'm being stampeded by cavalry or cant see past my teammates. You don't have the inventory slots to take a ladder as an archer anyway, so ironically the very same melee characters that complain about archers on roofs are the ones putting the ladders up for them.

It wont destroy my game if you remove them, but it removes variety and will make me bored of cRPG faster.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:34:41 am by Fatwalrus »

Offline Civilian

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 6
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Civilian_ATS
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 08:28:51 am »
Ladders are fine. At least they don't ladderpult from the ground anymore.

I vote no.

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 08:39:17 am »
I've just played a whole generation as an archer and yesterday was the first time I really used some ladders, just before hitting lvl31. :D Guess the problem concentrates on bigger servers. If you remove them from the game, you'll just have more 2h spam zombie builds and less shielders.

I support Tears' suggetion - better build maps with elevated spots with 2 accesses.
määääääääääh!

Offline jellis

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: jellis, morjellis
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 08:41:26 am »
+1
This has probably been suggested before, but would it be possible to make ladders so that instead of destroying they just get knocked down, so they could be raised again? Knocked down ladders couldn't be moved, only re-raised to original position. This would keep roof campers reachable. Also, knocked down ladders shouldn't be obstacles as they would be indestructible (during a round).

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 04:47:06 pm »
This has probably been suggested before, but would it be possible to make ladders so that instead of destroying they just get knocked down, so they could be raised again? Knocked down ladders couldn't be moved, only re-raised to original position. This would keep roof campers reachable. Also, knocked down ladders shouldn't be obstacles as they would be indestructible (during a round).
good idea, only abusable by knocking them down on certain places so cav get stopped by it, but still better than the current ladder system.
and once again, ToD is right... damn you are way to right! :)

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 06:22:27 pm »
+1
/signed but...

problem is some maps you need ladders to deal with the campers. its a vicious cycle. if you remove ladders plz edit the maps.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 06:26:48 pm »
/signed but...

problem is some maps you need ladders to deal with the campers. its a vicious cycle. if you remove ladders plz edit the maps.
, but without ladders, there wont be any camping spots, and if you put a ladder on a house which is already accesable via another way, it gets chopped down in a second, so that's not true.
but battle archers were much more commen than those stupid camping mothe......(you get my point).

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 07:40:06 pm »
Yeah great idea! Lets get rid of ladders! While we are at it, lets get rid of all the new weapons, leveling up, heirlooms, etc that make this mod so fun and different.  We'll have to come up with a new name for it though...Ew, I got it, we'll call it Native! Great ideas guys, can't wait to find a different game to play when all the melee and cav whiners get their way.
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 07:43:26 pm »
+2
Guess what: archers will be using ladders to get on rooftop in strategus battles too.

Its good practice to learn how to deal with it.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »
+1
Guess what: archers will be using ladders to get on rooftop in strategus battles too.

Its good practice to learn how to deal with it.

No! you should never have to learn how to deal with someone else's tactics, just cry to the devs to get those tactics banned/nerfed/removed.
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 07:57:10 pm »
No! you should never have to learn how to deal with someone else's tactics, just cry to the devs to get those tactics banned/nerfed/removed.

Dis guy... Dis guy right here knows what he is talkin' 'bout. We should listen to dis guy here.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 11:09:22 pm »
+1
hmm i think the ladders are good the way they are.
if u give every roof an ladder which cant be destroyed but has to be deployed that wil lead to even more camping since there not in an unreachable place then.