Remove ladders from battle?

Yes!
106 (58.6%)
No!
51 (28.2%)
I like the view
24 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Author Topic: Remove ladders from battle  (Read 7951 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Remove ladders from battle
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2011, 09:35:56 pm »
+2
Remove ladders from battle.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2011, 04:00:40 pm »
+1
Remove ladders from battle.
tzar, remind yourself of the quote from paul you have in your signature. waisted time :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2011, 04:18:46 pm »
Or make ladders unbreakable in battle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2011, 04:25:19 pm »
I'd say remove them.

There are archers that will own you and I've never seen them on a roof. Just stroll onto pecores for a couple of hours and test yourself against blackbow and bambi. When those two are on together...wow I'm shot off my horse in seconds.

Archers have little reason to be on roofs. It won't make them more killable by cav because most roofs are in village areas and village areas are often suicide for cav until most of the enemy team is dead. By which time an archer is probably screwed anyway. Yes it gives them a better view to shoot from. But I hate camping on high points as a foot archer. I only do it if my team collapses and going on the ground would be suicide and there's a convenient ladder near by. But I would have no issue in not being able to do it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:26:39 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2011, 06:03:09 pm »
+1
I honestly rarely go on roofs when I am an archer, and when I do it is usually because the map is terrible and my team brought only two pikes and all the cav were stacked on the other team and everyone is splitting up.

I noticed that I have an easier time shooting other archers when they are on the roofs as compared to the ground. Last night, almost everytime I shot and killed an archer it was because they were in a cramped spot which made their weaving predictable (a narrow street or on top of a roof). I also notice that more often then not, roof camping gets me shot faster then staying on the ground. The main advantage in my eyes when I roof camp (besides the 96% immunity to cav, ignoring those that somehow fly their cav into the sky which always makes me chuckle) is that I don't have wanna-be bodyguard teammates weaving in front of me to tk...

I would not mind too much if the devs disabled ladders on battle for a couple of weeks just to test things out. It need not be permanent, just a small test, then put the ladders back in while they contemplate how it has changed things. While I am not totally comfortable with removing ladders, it does sound intriguing. Of course, you could argue that I am biased since I rarely roof camp and spend most of my time on the ground...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.