Author Topic: ATS Admins: Please Don't be Counter Dicks.  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
ATS Admins: Please Don't be Counter Dicks.
« on: January 23, 2011, 11:39:16 pm »
+1
NA ATS: 80
Reason: One man was kicked for the Bro rule(Justified) but the other man who was legitimately fighting was kicked as well(losing his bonus).
Admin: Mortymur, (Nindur?)

Logs:
(click to show/hide)
L
(click to show/hide)

It's not the fact that they kicked the wrong man, it's that after they did and everyone was telling them: "Hey, you screwed up!" they decided to hide behind made up rules. This DL_Gunther Guy was trying to call them on it, and say, hey, what the hell, and as you can see, their response was "....your point?".

Please, if you make a mistake, don't be a douche and hide, admit your wrong doing, please. If you can't admit to being at fault, you should not be an admin.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:43:22 pm by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline krauth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: ATS Admins: Please Don't be Counter Dicks.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:50:20 pm »
I was there when this happened, it would not have been hard to swallow your pride for a second and simply apologize to Legion for making a mistake.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:52:14 pm by krauth »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 11:51:54 pm »
I screened it too, I thought I got the picture of the kicks but I didn't. All of my screenshots are the same as yours. But atleast you have a witness.

Oh yeah, wait I did catch it:

(click to show/hide)

And you can see  the response to "Legion didn't deserve the kick", buuulllshit.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:54:33 pm by Artyem »

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 12:21:44 am »
So your problem is that someone was kicked for ignoring a teammate, causing a whole team to lose their modifier? Or do you have a problem with the fact that I told you if you don't like the rules, go play elsewhere? Please clarify.

Also, if this is not a topic about admin abuse or something, why have you created it? I don't understand what your objective is here.......
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:24:17 am by Nindur »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 12:23:30 am »
I was there when this happened, it would not have been hard to swallow your pride for a second and simply apologize to Legion for making a mistake.

This is pretty much the only point everyone was trying to make.  I was there as well.

So your problem is that someone was kicked for ignoring a teammate, causing a whole team to lose their modifier? Or do you have a problem with the fact that I told you if you don't like the rules, go play elsewhere? Please clarify.

Nindur, the problem everyone has is that you kicked the guy that got ignored but was fighting as well.  His kick was unjustified, he wasn't ignoring shit and was doing his best to defend himself while outnumbered 2v1 at the end.  Centurion ignored Legion, Legion was fighting.  Afterwards when it was pointed out by the players it was met with "Fuck off.  Don't like it, leave." style responses.  That's the point. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:26:12 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 12:26:26 am »
Nindur is Ganguro I herd? Is this true? Then what's come to light in this thread is not suprising, as I've witnessed Ganguro's insults and perminent ban for arguing his hypocracy.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 12:27:18 am »

No no no, the problem was you kicked 2 people, 1 justified, the other unjustified. One was doing the "Bro Rule" while his buddy was engaged in combat vs 2 others(451 ats and someone else). I have the problem that the guy who legitimately was fighting was kicked, and then, when he tried to ask why, he got told all sorts of rules that he never broke. Then you guys BOTH don't admit to being wrong and kicking 1 man wrongly. That's what i have a problem with. Not the reason, but the fact that you didn't own up to being wrong. You complain about kids in game, well if admins act like kids when the made a legitimate mistake and then don't say, "Sorry, man, we only ment to kick the guy who was following the bro rule, and we didn't know who it was."

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 12:28:23 am »
No no no, the problem was you kicked 2 people, 1 justified, the other unjustified. One was doing the "Bro Rule" while his buddy was engaged in combat vs 2 others(451 ats and someone else). I have the problem that the guy who legitimately was fighting was kicked, and then, when he tried to ask why, he got told all sorts of rules that he never broke. Then you guys BOTH don't admit to being wrong and kicking 1 man wrongly. That's what i have a problem with. Not the reason, but the fact that you didn't own up to being wrong. You complain about kids in game, well if admins act like kids when the made a legitimate mistake and then don't say, "Sorry, man, we only ment to kick the guy who was following the bro rule, and we didn't know who it was."

I proved him wrong and that removed my chances of ever being unbanned from all ATS servers, and he's probably briefed the other admins of my 'racism'. He's living in his own world where he can act like a douche then call other players up for apparant douchebaggery, and if you argue back oh, have a permban kxthxgoodbye
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 12:28:54 am »
Well not that it does any good, nor was I responsible, but I will apologize as an admin for what happened and the responses afterwards to the playerbase.  It was a regrettable situation.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 12:33:26 am »
Gorat, stop being so manly.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 12:36:38 am »
I'm really disappointed I didn't take screenshots of when Mortymor banned me in November/December.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 12:48:03 am »
Well to answer your question I am not Garguro, also I am not an Administrator, I cannot answer for the the administrator at question, and neither can Gorath. I never said no wrong doing happened, I simply asked for clarification as to what you wanted in this thread. Perhaps one of the players in question should not have been removed, and I would assume that a great deal of hardship was encountered by the player because he was kicked. Also while we are here, you guys should donate to [email protected] through paypal so that the NA servers can continue to operate as well as strategus. You all seem like people who want to add positive things to the community so chip in and help the 100, 80, siege, and strat server stay in operation!

Also, Prime if you wish to be unbanned please post a formal unban request in the appropriate section and you are very likely to be unbanned in a short period of time. Most bans are lifted rather quickly.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 12:56:19 am »
Please, nobody say anything about me posting, but a kick is just a kick, not like you can't rejoin the server
Ca$hville 615

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 12:57:23 am »
This may be partially off topic, but I usually sit back if there are two teammates attacking the last enemy anyway.  I just don't do well as part of a mob.  I'm probably more of a liability than an asset in that situation.  Another admin even tried to kick me for it a while ago.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 01:04:49 am »
Please, nobody say anything about me posting, but a kick is just a kick, not like you can't rejoin the server

Allers you are a fuckin winner. You just made my day with this post. I can't stop smiling right now, I'm genuinely happy that you said something. <3