Author Topic: [PxC] Phoenix Company (NA - Accepting Members)  (Read 31590 times)

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: [PxC] Phoenix Company (NA - Accepting Members)
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2011, 09:28:30 pm »
Same thing goes for Jetsam then.  :)

We're a chill group, and pretty much a round table.  If the overall group digs you, then it's all good.  If the overall group majority doesn't, well....   :mrgreen:

Hes already in steam group, and I played with him for a bit. Pretty kool guy.

P.S - When you leave give me a heads up please lol.

Can I join?

Add 1acadia1 to steam and message me and well go from there.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:29:52 pm by SeQuel »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2011, 09:31:28 pm »
P.S - When you leave give me a heads up please lol.

lol, will do.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Draedan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • wat?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Draedan_PxC, Heavy_Set_PxC, Pure_PxC, GoreHead_PxC
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2011, 12:01:31 am »
lol, will do.
Yes, I was scared when you went awol.
but now that you have returned I am happy and can swing my sword once again.

I got Dragon Age II too! It's pretty fun. The only differences I really noticed was the interface from the first (pc version) to the second.
And I kinda disliked being in one city and the surrounding countryside for the entire game. The first one you went all over Ferelden.
And I hated how they kept recycling dungeons, (did you notice that?) Example: You run through a dungeon finish it, go to a different dungeon but its the same one! The only difference was the start and exit but the layout was the same. Idk that really bothered me. I hate repeating things.
But overall I liked it the story and how they had Varric narrate it.
And I like the small talk between Isabela, Aveline, Fenris, and Varric.
In chadz We Trust.
Hint #4: You can invite more men to your party at the tavern
(click to show/hide)

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2011, 12:23:53 am »

I got Dragon Age II too! It's pretty fun. The only differences I really noticed was the interface from the first (pc version) to the second.
And I kinda disliked being in one city and the surrounding countryside for the entire game. The first one you went all over Ferelden.
And I hated how they kept recycling dungeons, (did you notice that?) Example: You run through a dungeon finish it, go to a different dungeon but its the same one! The only difference was the start and exit but the layout was the same. Idk that really bothered me. I hate repeating things.

Imo, the only thing that IS better in Dragon age 2 over 1 is the combat. Dungeons like you said, dialog, inventory, companions etc all WAY worse. Was really disappointed.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2011, 12:27:08 am »

:mrgreen:
I like the streamlined interface in DA:2 better tbh.  Less clutter, more playing.
Indeed, however it served the purpose as from what I got out of it the story was about how your character affected this particular area, instead of the world.  Though you DO change the entire world through your actions in the city of Kirkwall at the climax.  Won't say more in case you haven't gotten that far.  Let's just say your decisions and actions set the stage for the entire political and social change throughout the rest of the realm.  Like the start of a wildfire.
Yeah I did notice that, and it bugged me too.  However it didn't detract so much from my enjoyment of the story as much as it might have if the story had been weaker than it was.  So I began to ignore it about 1/3rd of the way through the game.

Indeed.  These parts truly shone in the game.  I came to really care about or be invested in the characters, especially the main character since he took on the personality that I wanted him to have, they did this beautifully by having your dialog and action choices change the mood and nature of the character throughout the game.  Some I loathed, some I loved the hell out of (Varric is awesome).  In the end my party consisted of Varric, Isabela (my chosen romantic interest), and Anders (because I sympathized with his cause and because he replaced my sister who I really enjoyed in the party with Varric and 'Bela, won't spoil the rest though).

I also loved how the story was so much about people, relationships, politics, racial tension, etc rather than "_Generic Evil Force_ threatens the world".  It was a far more personal story imo than most RPG "epics" where it's more about you going to stop some random outside evil (demon, dragon, army, lich, w/e).  Also how there was no morality meter other than what you put on it yourself.  Everything is in that shades of grey and it's up to YOU to decide whether you feel something is right or wrong.

Anyways, maybe I'm just a fanboy now.  Either way I'm playing it through a 2nd time and will definately have to do the game as a mage and rogue as well.  First run I made myself a 2h'd warrior tank, this time I'm playing with a sword and board warrior, though I think I'll just skip to mage on a new game and do that instead.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2011, 04:48:34 am »
I'll check out your ts.  I gotta be honest I have never used TS, is this something that would be easier to do if I put my game though steam?  It's currently just off my HD as I had purchased it from the company prerelease.  I dunno if I like the idea of having background noise from a TS against the game sound - horses, weopons drawing, etc.  Always feel like something is behind you.  But it's worth a try cause being part of a team would probably work better than the current solo I have been doing thus far.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Dante_Goujian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2011, 05:56:52 am »
I use TS through headphones w/mic and everything else runs through my speakers

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 19, 2011, 06:43:14 am »
I'll check out your ts.  I gotta be honest I have never used TS, is this something that would be easier to do if I put my game though steam?  It's currently just off my HD as I had purchased it from the company prerelease.  I dunno if I like the idea of having background noise from a TS against the game sound - horses, weopons drawing, etc.  Always feel like something is behind you.  But it's worth a try cause being part of a team would probably work better than the current solo I have been doing thus far.

You can add warband to steam and run it through there, and that allows us to see when your playing, also if you join the steam group. We can also message you if your ingame and you'll get a message.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2011, 09:09:55 am »
I use TS through headphones w/mic and everything else runs through my speakers

^
I do the same.

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2011, 01:40:25 pm »
I hate all new ppl. Grrr! no, not really, but someones gotta be bad cop, why not me?  :twisted:
Anyways, my siege map has been running for a few days. I played it once and before anyone even got anywhere I got negativity up the ying-yang. haha All good though, people tend to hate change when they have their favorite maps down to a work of art. So check it out ppl and tell me what u think... It does bear our name (Phoenix) but thats about all it has in common with the clan.

Welcome back Gorath, all of us alts of u have missed u very much. It was like a part of us was missing. And Ive played DA 1... Not too bad, but damn theres a gay rogue and he kept hitting on me. scary... I want to play DA2 but my comp wont handle it.

I love the Total War series but Empire seriously depressed me too. I skipped medieval 2 sadly, because i couldnt find it. But Shogun should be awesome. I loved the first one when it came out.

I also found a sci-fi game i like, so ive been playing around with it. Battlestar Galactica Online. Its an open beta, web browser game. Trust me, it doesnt play like a web browser game. Its completely free right now so if you like space combat games at all (this is my first and I love it) and you love pvp MMO, check it out. Ive been in massive space ship battles. Complete fleets of all players kicking the crap out of each other. I mean like 50 on 50, small fighters to giant battle cruiser type ships. I think its great so far, as long as it stays free online. I wont pay to play...

Welcome new guys, i look forward to seeing u on the battle field.

And btw someone here wanted me to make a melee friendly/archer hating map. I got something in the works for my battle map, but its still archer friendly. It just has alot of cover to get out of sight and away from cav as well. Its based off LOTR. The city in gondor by the river, the one that was destroyed pretty much. Itll be awesome...Ill post screen shots later (early april, since I put in too much time into my maps: most put 9hrs. I put 3wks into my last map before it came out).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:43:28 pm by Ronan »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 19, 2011, 07:02:35 pm »
I hate all new ppl. Grrr! no, not really, but someones gotta be bad cop, why not me?  :twisted:
Anyways, my siege map has been running for a few days. I played it once and before anyone even got anywhere I got negativity up the ying-yang. haha All good though, people tend to hate change when they have their favorite maps down to a work of art. So check it out ppl and tell me what u think... It does bear our name (Phoenix) but thats about all it has in common with the clan.

Welcome back Gorath, all of us alts of u have missed u very much. It was like a part of us was missing. And Ive played DA 1... Not too bad, but damn theres a gay rogue and he kept hitting on me. scary... I want to play DA2 but my comp wont handle it.

I love the Total War series but Empire seriously depressed me too. I skipped medieval 2 sadly, because i couldnt find it. But Shogun should be awesome. I loved the first one when it came out.

I also found a sci-fi game i like, so ive been playing around with it. Battlestar Galactica Online. Its an open beta, web browser game. Trust me, it doesnt play like a web browser game. Its completely free right now so if you like space combat games at all (this is my first and I love it) and you love pvp MMO, check it out. Ive been in massive space ship battles. Complete fleets of all players kicking the crap out of each other. I mean like 50 on 50, small fighters to giant battle cruiser type ships. I think its great so far, as long as it stays free online. I wont pay to play...

Welcome new guys, i look forward to seeing u on the battle field.

And btw someone here wanted me to make a melee friendly/archer hating map. I got something in the works for my battle map, but its still archer friendly. It just has alot of cover to get out of sight and away from cav as well. Its based off LOTR. The city in gondor by the river, the one that was destroyed pretty much. Itll be awesome...Ill post screen shots later (early april, since I put in too much time into my maps: most put 9hrs. I put 3wks into my last map before it came out).

I liked your map, however I did not like how there was only 1 way to the flag and it was hard for me (the defender) to get there and defend the flag without having to jump all the way down and kill all of my health. Also whats up with the pointless towers that lead no where and no one ever goes in them xD!. Other then that it was pretty good. Just didn't like how I couldnt get to my own flag without having to go through the main entrance where 92348-348590234 enemies were. :)

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2011, 07:26:37 pm »
I liked your map, however I did not like how there was only 1 way to the flag and it was hard for me (the defender) to get there and defend the flag without having to jump all the way down and kill all of my health. Also whats up with the pointless towers that lead no where and no one ever goes in them xD!. Other then that it was pretty good. Just didn't like how I couldnt get to my own flag without having to go through the main entrance where 92348-348590234 enemies were. :)

LMAO (I dont type that very much) that was probably the best critique that Ive ever heard thus far, thank u Sequel. Repost that on my page with the map pls. Ill fix that asap.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2999.msg52804.html#new

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2011, 01:01:34 am »
FRUSTRATION
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2011, 01:17:01 am »
FRUSTRATION

lol.

Gotta keep your trolodar up to date man.   :wink:

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2011, 06:18:13 pm »
LMAO (I dont type that very much) that was probably the best critique that Ive ever heard thus far, thank u Sequel. Repost that on my page with the map pls. Ill fix that asap.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2999.msg52804.html#new

Alright I did.