Author Topic: 1H Shield Cavalry Build  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: 1H Shield Cavalry Build
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 03:48:37 pm »
ìf you are new to 1handed cavalry, go 18/18, than in next gens, lower the agi to the riding requirment you need for your horse.
Plated charger is requirement 6...

xD

But seriously, having a warhorse (5 req) but still having 6 riding. Wonderfull. Even better with 7 :D Although then you'll have to gimp your athl or WM or shield or PS and that's not fun :(
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Rendar1970

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 12:58:29 am »
DO NOT do cav your first 2 gens, its expensive and you need enough money to create a buffer

How much of a buffer are we talking about?  I had about a 10K buffer before I got my horse.  6 maps later I didn't have enough money for my horse.  So..... Do you need like 100K minimum to play cav.  If so that kinda blows.  Was hoping Cav would be feasible for a casual player.  I only have like 3 hours a week to game, so looks like Cav is out of reach for some people, which is sad to me cause what I liked about this game was the idea to "play the style you want".

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 01:16:46 am »
How much of a buffer are we talking about?  I had about a 10K buffer before I got my horse.  6 maps later I didn't have enough money for my horse.  So..... Do you need like 100K minimum to play cav.  If so that kinda blows.  Was hoping Cav would be feasible for a casual player.  I only have like 3 hours a week to game, so looks like Cav is out of reach for some people, which is sad to me cause what I liked about this game was the idea to "play the style you want".
You want a buffer of at least 25-30k, which is very low. For cav I would increase that too 40-50k. Some people say it's an overkill, but I say it's worth it. Also if you can manage to use cheaper horses (my "default" is paulfrey which I find really good) effectively then do that for some time and go heavier when you are winning/wanna be an hero. That way you can actually earn money as a cav (or at least I do). Also focus on key target. A couch on the enemies top killer can easily change the battle. Just wait a bit and take them when they are unaware.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 10:50:09 pm »
+1
Well my next cav build is going to be 1h shield ( currently pole/1h shield cav, so basically dropping the polearms and switching up my stats a bit ) I designed this one to suit my own preferences

21 str
15 agi

4 Ironflesh
7 PS
5 Shield
5 Athletics
5 Riding
3 WM

131 One handed ( give or take a point considering the char planner is not completely accurate sometimes )

I personally like the idea of this build because it leaves me with reasonable speed on both horse and foot, also a fairly decent strength shield.

Offline Sammael

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SammaeI
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 11:26:15 pm »
Well my next cav build is going to be 1h shield ( currently pole/1h shield cav, so basically dropping the polearms and switching up my stats a bit ) I designed this one to suit my own preferences

21 str
15 agi

4 Ironflesh
7 PS
5 Shield
5 Athletics
5 Riding
3 WM

131 One handed ( give or take a point considering the char planner is not completely accurate sometimes )

I personally like the idea of this build because it leaves me with reasonable speed on both horse and foot, also a fairly decent strength shield.

This is pretty close to the build I'm going to settle with next gen. I dislike having less than 5 riding, as I feel just a bit too slow. 5 riding seems to be about the magic number for me.