Author Topic: crpg, strategus, chadz  (Read 42501 times)

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Re: crpg, strategus, chadz
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2011, 04:34:52 pm »

Edit: so some of you can prepare your chars  :wink::
  • There will be a feature to trade heirlooms with other players, you can also shift money around,

Want to Buy a Masterworked Warbow. 100.000 gold!

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2011, 04:37:56 pm »
Cool sounds neat
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2011, 05:29:42 pm »
Anyone want to sell some triple heirloomed stones?
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2011, 06:23:22 pm »
WTB Masterwork Longsword or German Greatsword offer 100k + tempered german greatsword :)

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2011, 08:59:22 pm »
WTT Balanced Sarranid Cavalry sword for balanced Katana straight up or for masterwork or tempered +/- cash. 

Offline AdNecrias

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Enuma Elish, Thar the Unready
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2011, 12:22:29 am »
I offer large bag of Bodkins will trade for 2nd hierloom Khergits.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2011, 03:25:03 am »
I don't think people will sell their heirlooms for gold, more likely they will exchange them so they can try a different build.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2011, 06:53:30 am »
Well, now we come back to the history of economics.

Buying something is nothing else than exchanging for something everyone (more or less) wants to exchange (=money. Everyone wants it, because everyone knows he can exchange anything for it, with everybody).

If you want to have a heirloomed bow, but the owner of a bow wants a sword, not your axe, you would need to find someone with a sword, willing to exchange for an axe to get your bow. If you find someone with a sword, but he wants a crossbow, you need someone with a crossbow willing to exchange for an axe, and so on.

With money you wouldn't need to "organize" exchanges, everyone could always exchange his heirloom for money first, and then exchange the money for the heirloom he wants to have. That's the point of money, the increased flexibility of exchanging.

In other words: I think you are wrong.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:56:44 am by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2011, 07:41:47 am »
Well, now we come back to the history of economics.

Buying something is nothing else than exchanging for something everyone (more or less) wants to exchange (=money. Everyone wants it, because everyone knows he can exchange anything for it, with everybody).

If you want to have a heirloomed bow, but the owner of a bow wants a sword, not your axe, you would need to find someone with a sword, willing to exchange for an axe to get your bow. If you find someone with a sword, but he wants a crossbow, you need someone with a crossbow willing to exchange for an axe, and so on.

With money you wouldn't need to "organize" exchanges, everyone could always exchange his heirloom for money first, and then exchange the money for the heirloom he wants to have. That's the point of money, the increased flexibility of exchanging.

In other words: I think you are wrong.  :mrgreen:

Yeah, I am sure people would sell heirlooms for gold, but the price would be so insanely high that I doubt most people would buy.

Either way the changes sound good.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2011, 07:55:12 am »
+1
Yeah, I am sure people would sell heirlooms for gold, but the price would be so insanely high that I doubt most people would buy.

Either way the changes sound good.

How high would we be talking? 50k? 100k? 200k? Some people have bottomless pits of gold.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2011, 08:17:41 am »
How high would we be talking? 50k? 100k? 200k? Some people have bottomless pits of gold.

Well we could just do a simple calculation to find out how much gold a player would make from 1-31. Assuming player X is gen 1, he would have made 436,792.15 gold by the time he hits 31.

Let's say player X pays 36,792.15 gold for upkeep from 1-31. That would allow player X to collect 3 heirlooms per retire even if items that were heirloomed once were sold at 200k per. If they are sold at 100k per, then that allows player X to collect a whopping 5 heirloomed items per retire.

Thus, I think 200k per each heirloom modifier sounds reasonable. Of course, other misc factors will come into play, such as item popularity and decreased frequency of items heirloomed more than once.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2011, 08:41:02 am »
I don't think that prices will be that high, as grinding the needed money would make you reach level 31 yourself most likely. (more or less)

I would say something between 50k and 150k is more realistic. At the end you plan to sell your heirloom, actually.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2011, 08:55:31 am »
I don't think that prices will be that high, as grinding the needed money would make you reach level 31 yourself most likely. (more or less)

I would say something between 50k and 150k is more realistic. At the end you plan to sell your heirloom, actually.

If they were 50k per, that would mean a person could attain 9 heirlooms (or 3 fully heirloomed items) just from retiring once, considering the heirloom economy is completely player-based, that just doesn't sound logical.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2011, 09:04:26 am »
There are more factors to concern than all the money you could possibly spend.

Demand determines supply, this is a rule everyone knows. But there are more rules, e.g. that the price determines the demand. So if your price is too high, noone will buy your stuff. On the other hand, if the price is low, people tend to buy more than they need. (This just to show how the price inflicts economy.)

I am something between a casual and a regular player, and I played cRPG for several months now. I don't play strategus at all, all I do is recruiting troops there for some friends. My strategus char currently has 156.000 gold, which is probably the amount of gold my char earned durng his whole career. So this is only 3/4 of what you suppose would be the price for heirlooms.

Nothing in the world would make me pay 200k for a single item. Especially not as I am able to produce this item myself. 50k okay, 100k for a mighty masterwork item, okay. But more? No.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2011, 09:22:04 am »
There are more factors to concern than all the money you could possibly spend.

Demand determines supply, this is a rule everyone knows. But there are more rules, e.g. that the price determines the demand. So if your price is too high, noone will buy your stuff. On the other hand, if the price is low, people tend to buy more than they need. (This just to show how the price inflicts economy.)

I am something between a casual and a regular player, and I played cRPG for several months now. I don't play strategus at all, all I do is recruiting troops there for some friends. My strategus char currently has 156.000 gold, which is probably the amount of gold my char earned durng his whole career. So this is only 3/4 of what you suppose would be the price for heirlooms.

Nothing in the world would make me pay 200k for a single item. Especially not as I am able to produce this item myself. 50k okay, 100k for a mighty masterwork item, okay. But more? No.

The idea is to make it so anyone who isn't a casual player is unable to buy heirloomed items, otherwise demand will far exceed supply. Given how much you are willing to pay, I doubt anyone would sell for that price. But I guess time will tell which one of us is correct, bets are on for who has superior economic evaluation skills ^.^