Poll

Should kicking unchamber your currently held attack?

Yes
13 (37.1%)
No
22 (62.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Kick-slash mechanic  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Kick-slash mechanic
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:48:25 am »
I think the change to kick-slashing should be reverted. Having attacks become unchambered when you kick makes kicking to interrupt non-mobile turtles rather useless. Discuss/Vote.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Philosiraptor

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Scrubnerdbasementlord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company MurderBoner GoD
  • Game nicks: Philosiraptor_PxC; Thousands of alts..Just call me mike :D
  • IRC nick: Philo
Re: Kick-slash mechanic
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 08:48:27 am »
OF COURSE YOU WOULD WANT TIHS YOU DIRT VAMPIRE CRACKWHORE
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Anders you have a fucking ban thread every day it seems, you lead a sad life my friend. Ban threads are the cancer that kill this mod.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:35:59 am »
I agree with the revert, I have kicked people with shields at least 20 times, only once have I actually landed a hit post-kick. The way it is now it is completely worthless unless you have a teammate waiting to strike your opponent from behind, but in that case a kick isn't necessary anyway.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:27:25 pm »
I like it the way it is currently.  It requires skill to land a kick-slash and it's special when you pull it off.  The days of everyone spin kicking each other as if they were Van Dammit were silly.  And quite frankly, 2hers have no issue whatsoever still being the most powerful thing on the field (them and polearms).
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 12:15:30 am »
I like it the way it is currently.  It requires skill to land a kick-slash and it's special when you pull it off.  The days of everyone spin kicking each other as if they were Van Dammit were silly.  And quite frankly, 2hers have no issue whatsoever still being the most powerful thing on the field (them and polearms).

I'm not asking for spin-kicks. I'm asking for the time to be able to land a strike after kicking. Currently, unless you're using a spamitar or longsword speed equivalent, you do not have time to slash a shielder you have just kicked. Try it.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 12:40:20 am »
No kickslash!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:41:48 am by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 12:49:03 am »
I'm not asking for spin-kicks. I'm asking for the time to be able to land a strike after kicking. Currently, unless you're using a spamitar or longsword speed equivalent, you do not have time to slash a shielder you have just kicked. Try it.

I've done kickslashes with a flamberge. You just just have to start the attack at the same time as the kick and then release as soon as your foot hits the ground.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 01:45:26 am »
I've been kick-slashed on my shielder plenty of times recently. And with all kind of weapons (and actually never with spamitar or spamberge). Also, with this change, any fight in narrow(ish) areas would make shielders useless against 2handers.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 01:45:40 am »
I've done kickslashes with a flamberge. You just just have to start the attack at the same time as the kick and then release as soon as your foot hits the ground.

You can't do that since the last patch. You can't kick and attack at the same time. Doing so causes your attack animation to stop.

Offline Ghazan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ghazan_of_Karakorum
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 01:48:47 am »
I actually have an easier time hitting after a kick than I did before.  Dont think Ive missed one yet.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 03:32:23 pm »
I'm pretty sure I've kickslashed people recently. Even with a long voulge. Ofc, they might have been able to block and didn't.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 04:45:55 pm »
You can't do that since the last patch. You can't kick and attack at the same time. Doing so causes your attack animation to stop.

Not if you wait until the kick animation is done before attacking. Trust me its still possible.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 10:07:56 pm »
It always did end your animation, you are doing it wrong.

Do what the guy above said you could, start the attack right after your foot hits the ground, hard to pull off, but still doable.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 10:42:39 pm »
It always did end your animation, you are doing it wrong.

Do what the guy above said you could, start the attack right after your foot hits the ground, hard to pull off, but still doable.

That is simply untrue. Prior to the patch, I could hold my sword overhead, kick, then release my sword to swing. Now, if you hold your sword overhead, and kick, it unchambers your attack and you have to cock back your weapon again. This does not leave enough time to swing, unless the person who got kicked decides to stop holding block with their shield at that point.

I will be doing some testing on this current mechanic on the duel server. Will post results and statistics here.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 11:03:35 pm »
That is simply untrue. Prior to the patch, I could hold my sword overhead, kick, then release my sword to swing. Now, if you hold your sword overhead, and kick, it unchambers your attack and you have to cock back your weapon again. This does not leave enough time to swing, unless the person who got kicked decides to stop holding block with their shield at that point.

I will be doing some testing on this current mechanic on the duel server. Will post results and statistics here.

This is simply not true, try doing a kick with an attack chambered but don't release the attack. At the end of the kick you'll still have that attack chambered. Only when you release too soon does it unchamber your attack.