Author Topic: Vackeno exploting terrain  (Read 328 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Vackeno exploting terrain
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:54:11 am »
Was playing on the dreaded PRISON BREAK (plz god remove it) map as defense near the flag.  There were enemy archers (escapees) that were shooting at the flag defenders, when we tried to pursue them ran into barrier so we couldnt reach them, real classy.

When I died I went spec on one of those archers and caught respawning and then walking up a hill backwards up thru a floor.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:11:24 am by Digglez »

Offline Vackeno

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Vackeno exploting terrain
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:58:58 pm »
Indeed there is a terrain exploit. The first time, I got stuck in there after the initial spawn (horray for free-for-all kick fest) and got unstuck by walking out backwards. It spits you out behind the castle. I went in it again, intentionally, one additional time to see if it could be consistently recreated (which it can be). It's in the cell with the dirt spilling in (there's 2 spawn points) on the left hand side, closest to the door. You can get stuck in there and the only way to get out is backing up the invisible hill.

Best way to fix bugs is to find out how to recreate them.

Granted, I think that map should go die in a fire, but yeah... If it somehow makes it off the chopping block, at least fix the glitches.

And while we're at it, can we fix being able to melee THROUGH doors? Or stand inside piles of hay and magically be able to see outside and shoot through?

At any rate, yeah.. Mapmaker, if your map doesn't get removed, fix this area :-p