Poll

Would you like to see less grinding? Which way?

Way 1.
16 (21.9%)
Way 2.
10 (13.7%)
Way 3.
10 (13.7%)
Other way. (Post it, please)
3 (4.1%)
No, I like to grind so much.
34 (46.6%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Grind, grind, grind even more! - nerf!  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Grind, grind, grind even more! - nerf!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 01:46:02 pm »
Bad luck you started playing so late mate, that is about it...

i managed to get gen 3, was ready for gen 4, but patch came, and no, its not that hard to reach 31 on gen 1, as my friend already did, so instead of trying to make the game easier via forum posts, just focus on playing more :P

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 01:53:30 pm »
Bad luck you started playing so late mate, that is about it...

i managed to get gen 3, was ready for gen 4, but patch came, and no, its not that hard to reach 31 on gen 1, as my friend already did, so instead of trying to make the game easier via forum posts, just focus on playing more :P
Wtf are you smoking ? I play atm.

It's shit that this patch premium people who retired shitload of times before the patch.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 02:03:08 pm »
Yeah, it might look unfair, but still, veterans in RPG game in general should have some advantage (be it high lvl, or faster getting to the softcap)...i mean, i do not mind guy getting double my XP, if i was playing as long as he was, i could have that too, so its perfectly fair :)

and i think this one is called Nebula :P

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 02:15:04 pm »
I consider myself a casual players nowadays, mostly 1-2 hours a day (more on weekends, obviously). I just started a new horse archer and it took me three evenings to get to lvl 20. My other characters range from lvl 21 to 28, not a single one is lvl 30+.

What I mean to say is that you don't need to be level 30 to enjoy the game - quite the opposite.  If you don't like playing at level 20, you probably won't like it at level 30 either. At 20 you are perfectly able to go in with your team to fight the enemy and enjoy yourself. With moderate skill you can beat level 30 guys and with high skill just omgwtfpwn them.

Getting to level 20 takes at most ~11 hours. This is with x1 multiplier the whole time (not likely) and gen 1. In practice it's probably like 6-7 hours. The most frustrating time (below level 10) lasts only for a few hours, after that you can already be an asset to your team.

The point of this post is that if you know yourself to be a casual player, play accordingly. Plan your character so that it works at level 20 too, instead of going "I suck all the way to lvl 31 but damn I'm gonna be great after that".

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 02:27:33 pm »
I don't get why there is a xp bonus for retired player. The more you grind the less you've to grind to get better compared to casual players, how is that logical ?
If the goal was to make heirloom special why should there be an advantage for people that have already many heirloom weapons ?

I mean somebody with triple heirloom hand armor + body armor+ leg armor + head armor+ weapon + horse  is  a semi-god compared to somebody without heirloom.

that 's why i think the xp level are fine now because it take a lot of time for people to heirloom thus making heirloom something special.

But a gen 20 for example that already have loads of heirloomed item have to grind three time less than a gen 1 to have a new heirloom !!!
-->It just increase the difficulty level for casual player a lot ( and i'm not a casual player  :mrgreen: )

Having heirloom items is not an advantage enough ???

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 04:15:16 pm »
Yeah, it might look unfair, but still, veterans in RPG game in general should have some advantage (be it high lvl, or faster getting to the softcap)...i mean, i do not mind guy getting double my XP, if i was playing as long as he was, i could have that too, so its perfectly fair :)

and i think this one is called Nebula :P

They already have advantage - heirloomed items. If anything, high gen characters should have xp decreased by some percentage.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 04:25:35 pm »
lol  :rolleyes:
On it.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 04:32:12 pm »
lol  :rolleyes:

Why lol ? chadz already said he want to make heirlooms rare, there is soft lvl cap. Why not soft generation cap as well?
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »
I don't get why there is a xp bonus for retired player. The more you grind the less you've to grind to get better compared to casual players, how is that logical ?
If the goal was to make heirloom special why should there be an advantage for people that have already many heirloom weapons ?

I mean somebody with triple heirloom hand armor + body armor+ leg armor + head armor+ weapon + horse  is  a semi-god compared to somebody without heirloom.

that 's why i think the xp level are fine now because it take a lot of time for people to heirloom thus making heirloom something special.

But a gen 20 for example that already have loads of heirloomed item have to grind three time less than a gen 1 to have a new heirloom !!!
-->It just increase the difficulty level for casual player a lot ( and i'm not a casual player  :mrgreen: )

Having heirloom items is not an advantage enough ???

No matter how many heirlooms a person has they are limited by their own skill, I actually find it easier to beat people in heavier armor most of the time.(they don't block) The xp bonus + heirloomed item is fine, 30 to 31 is a bit much but it's do-able even casually, if you think that heirlooms make it an "I WIN BUTTON" then you need lots more practice sorry to say. 

& the xp bonus just makes it easier for them to get out of peasant hood, it still would take a generation 10 loads of time to get from 1-35 as the levelling up goes so far I need over 8 000 000 xp to get to level 32. The difference between a level 30 and 35 is not that much, & at the moment no one is even close to 35.

Yes generation 10s that have played since the beginning have an advantage over you (heirloomed items, xp bonus) but even without their heirlooms and xp bonus they would still probably woop you due to the fact that they're probably good players. (if they've been playing long enough to get to generation 10)

So in my opinion, don't change anything keep it as is & if you're having trouble beating a gen 10 in his heirloomed items and his higher level maybe you should take some time on the duel server and get some practice.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 04:43:07 pm »
I like option two because it really encourages team play and tactics.

I know that I ran with 3 of my boys and we ran 3 map rotations (including the one we started on) with 20 rounds undefeated.

Having that kind of synergy should be rewarded with a higher multiplier. Maybe 8x max though. 10x is pretty crazy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 04:43:44 pm »
Guys so much Grinding to get Heirloomed Weapons is important to make them Special!

But i think implement an small Bonus after retire at lvl15 would be a nice Idea i dont know wat Bonus but it would be nice!

EDIT:BTW: The Idea of an x10 omg you guys Crazy think about Gen 15 guy 10 Maps x10 = lol
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:47:40 pm by Beleidiger »

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »
Guys so much Grinding to get Heirloomed Weapons is important to make them Special!

But i think implement an small Bonus after retire at lvl15 would be a nice Idea i dont know wat Bonus but it would be nice!

Bonus xp?
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 04:48:16 pm »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 07:29:15 pm »
@Grey

lol 5 hours.

4.4mil for level 30

at x1 on 1st gen that would be...

4400 minutes. aka 73.3333333 hours.

if yours at x5 for the ENTIRE time you could do it in 880 minutes aka 14.667 hours. and if you are 11th gen and can have x5 for the whole time, then 7.333 hours... for level 30. so even 11th gen would take a minimum for 14.6667 hours to reach 31 (at x5 the whole time).

casual players play like 1-2 hours a day? 7-14 a week... average multiplier lets say 2.5... from 1-31 would take about 58 hours. so 1-2 months for a casual player.

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 07:51:51 pm »
And a big grinder is in short time gen 100 and then??