Author Topic: Australian Server is Intolerant of People Afflicted by Photic Sneeze Reflex  (Read 2171 times)

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
Is my best guess, because I was just perm banned from the AEF hosted server without any warning whatsoever (besides "i have just banned song" from the admin, immediately after he/she entered the server), having broken no rules that I'm aware of.

I hit a guy with Q+M+L and he was pretty annoyed (he polled me many times afterwards, and began team hitting my horse with his mates), but there is a system in place to stop leech kicking from being abused. I found Flame_of_Udun/Naked_Flame leeching twice and both times I kicked him for it. It occurs that this may have prompted him to ask his friend to ban me from the only Oceanic server for ever.  :?

Earlier today, the same admin team ordered a group off a roof while a ladder was up on the other side (and not accessable to them, but providing access to them) and later told a group to descend after their own clan mate had deliberately destroyed the ladder and while there were plenty of troops from both sides remaining on the ground. The admin team then insisted that people would be banned for using one of the routes on Otreum's Smuggler's cove map. I had been using that route (as the designer intended) prior to this announcement and I protested, because I don't think it's fair to the map maker to edit his map, in the editor or by decree, behind his back. I know that Otreum requested that the previous AU server take down his maps, because they had been edited without his permission. I advised the admin team to either contact Otreum or remove that one from their rotation if they objected to its normal use. I think that would be the only decent course of action, but maybe I was banned for this request.

On the subject of maps, the admins have bluntly refused to update their map cylce post-patch to remove the random plains etc. that now litter the rotation, some of these maps include sinking sand, most include trudging across mountains. There are rarely admins on to regulate this cycle and allowing map polls is against AEF policy.

After being informed of my ban, I asked for a reason, first in general chat, then in admin chat. There was no response.

I look forward to hearing a more reasonable explaination for my instant perma ban (which is contradictory to the rules stated on your server page) and if the admin team was monitoring the server on Naked Flame's monitor while he pleasured you (because certainly no admin was present in the server until the decision to ban me had been made), please tell me why his series of ill-justified polls went unpunished.

Offline AEF_ROSEN

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • AEF c-RPG Admin
    • View Profile
    • AEF
  • Faction: I took an arrow in the knee
  • Game nicks: AEF_Rosen_II
hey MeevarTheMighty

sorry to hear about this, names/screenshots of the admins that u saw or seen doing this would be great to follow this up.

currently we have a number admin with addition this past week, with myself being on daily for the past 3 weeks plus other AEF members which can tell me whether or not maps need changing etc.

As for your ban, it would of had to be serious for a perma ban to take place. We warn before we ban then ban for hour/day then if it continues 1 week/month then perma. so if i was u id try connecting now u might be able to connect.

As i only admin the in game side of things i cant say what is wrong with some of the maps and ill be sure to get onto the head admin to get them sorted. We dont have map polls to mimize abuse of map changes every 2 mins.

Also you were lucky i spotted this topic, if you or anyone else has issues with the sever they should direct them to admins on steam or on our clans forums: http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef3/forum/index.php

Ill get back to this once i have a reason for you after some digging in the meantime try and connect to see if ur unbanned and add me on steam Neumann229

cheers
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:03:46 am by AEF_ROSEN »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
    • View Profile
Hi Rosen, I am still banned. :cry:

In turn, I'm sorry to have directed my outburst at AEF in general, but I believe that multiple members were involved in this case (AEF Juggernaught and AEF HumV had been discussing the map issue on TS and it was a guy I don't know who banned me) and I have never been warned by an AEF admin. It was an immediate ban without any explanation.

You've been a really good admin in game lately and it's nice of you to follow up this out of place complaint. I know there are others in your clan who would be upset to see that this has happened, so I hope you don't think I'm against AEF, I just don't understand some members' actions.

If ever I'm ever unbanned so I can get some new stuff to cry about, I'll make sure to use the AEF forums, thanks for the link.

I'm guessing you haven't had a chance to find out what's going on yet, so I'll get in touch tomorrow if the ban is still up. Hope it turns out to be just a rookie mistake, not a serious problem.

See you around, in any case.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
can we please for the sake of my sanity stop the server/admin accusations in the general section?

everyone by now should be aware that the FIRST thing you do is post in the corresponding thread of the server and ask WHY and how long you were banned.
then you wait for an answer.
then maybe sleep a night over it and reevaluate your complain the next day.
THEN you contact me by PM and don't spam the general section of the board with server drama...
thanks.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:36:34 pm by Meow »

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
    • View Profile
You're welcome.

(I suspect you are part of this consipacy, Meow)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Meow, if you don't stop this nonsense then I shall be forced to post a general discussion thread and generally discuss how you abuse your powers!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
You're welcome.

(I suspect you are part of this consipacy, Meow)

yeah the conspiracy where we try to divide the different stuff that people write into section so everyone can find the stuff he is looking for really fast  :mrgreen:

this would be the thread you are looking for: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,8225.0.html

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
    • View Profile
I think Extoic might still be waiting for sub 300 ping and there were a few like this on the first page of General, so I followed suit.

Sorry to make you sad with my very saddening story of mean admins.

If it is any consolation, try to imagine your part in this conspiracy as a very big ball of wool that is being unravelled.

Then forget that there is a conspiracy, now there is only a ball of wool, much bigger than any kitten or hippopotamus.

Then imagine yourself not playing with the ball of wool, forever.

If you are not consoled, you never will be.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
you win

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
    • View Profile
I defeated a kitten.

:(

Offline AEF_ROSEN

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • AEF c-RPG Admin
    • View Profile
    • AEF
  • Faction: I took an arrow in the knee
  • Game nicks: AEF_Rosen_II
It seems that u were banned for constant complains of 'trolling' or misbehavior in game, there were heard by humV and Kastor was sent in to deliver the ban. i spoke to them about it and the ban was lift about 10-11pm tonight where or not it has been done when he said he would or it will be done tomorrow.

Feel this as a warning for your behavior and conduct yourself in a more mature manner from now on thank you :) other wise the ban will be for a lengthier time

and sorry meow people can be unsure where to post these topics :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
    • View Profile
Rosen, this is very ridiculous.

First I am banned without warning, contrary to your apparent policy.

Now you tell me that something I was doing was "trolling"? I consider this accusation quite insulting.

You finish by telling me that if I continue to be a *derogitary term which I am not*, I will get a longer ban.

You ignore the fact that the person who complained to you was teamkilling me and pollkicking me with his mates as he complained. You ignore the fact that I did not breach any c-rpg rule or any AEF rule. I was banned on the spot, with no evidence, for something that isn't against the rules and that I didn't do.

Nice of you to apologise to Meow.

Offline Naked_Flame

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Your are indeed a master manipulator Meevar; unfortunately for you though, your rhetoric may be as skilled as Goebbel's but you lack the ability to "make it fact".

You clearly are presenting a one sided view of what actually happened. Firstly, You were told by AEF_Juggernaught to stop using that 'route' in Smugglers cove, the aforementioned 'route' involves walking through a solid stone wall, and the server is named "AEF's Australian CRPG" so with these two pieces of information it doesn't take a genius to gather that you should stop using said route.

Furthermore, Juggernaught warned you that if you continued to use said route, and argue about it to the server administrator's you would be banned. This is a rather clear warning.

Secondly, you were being highly argumentative and obnoxious (something I have much experience in, I know), you were told to stop and yet you continued. Then, as you and I engaged in an argument you proceeded to bump me with your horse, whilst we were on the same team.

You did this multiple times, and made it clear that you were deliberately doing it. For instance, on one of these occasions you hit a bystander as well as me, you then said "Sorry..... Pukudo" (for this was the bystander's name if I recall correctly)

Then I thought it would be prudent you nominate you for a kick, so I submitted the pole, and over 60% of the server agreed with me, this is a pretty clear indicator that you were doing something antisocial, especially as I am hardly the most popular member of the server.

Then you came back, and continued horse bumping me and in fact escalating, you charged at me on horseback (again, you were on the same team as me) with your sword poised to strike. This is incredibly provocative behavior, so I thought it would be prudent to stop you, I hit you with my polearm, and then submitted another pole for you to be kicked.
Again over 60% of the server accepted the pole and you were kicked.

You rejoined the server, poled to kick me, the pole was declined, with well less than 40% of the votes.
Then, during a round where I had killed 5 of my opponents as the last person on my team (you were now on the opposing team), I readied to duel the final opponent left standing.
As I engaged him you spammed me with a leech accusation. A clear and obvious violation of CRPG's and the server's rules.

A few rounds later in a very similar situation you did that same thing, both times I was kicked because of it as I was too preoccupied trying to fight to push the button, but it was clear that I was not leeching.

Then on the same map you proceeded to do it to another of my team mates when he was the last one standing (LGN_Darkfinger). It was around here that AEF_Kastor banned you. Much to the relief of the server.

In addition to my two succesful votekicks, various other people submitted poles for your kicking, and most of them were accepted, the fact that you were being antisocial is self evident from this fact alone.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
    • View Profile
The route in question was a deliberate feature, as Otreum has attested in the past. The stone wall is a small overhang at the top of a low cliff, it emulates (very well), scaling said small cliff. When taking this route, the player is at considerable risk, as they have no way of looking behind them until they are up and it is easy and obvious for an enemy to hop down and backstab. The player can also "fall" and take damage or even die, from scaling the 8' cliff. This map has been in circulation for many months and most players are aware of the unconventional map feature.

AEF_Juggernaught is not an administrator, nonetheless, after hearing of AEF's apparent objection, I did not use that route. I objected to AEF's manipulation of Otreum's creation, but I did not act in violation of it, nor did I argue with any administrator about it. I argued with AEF Juggernaught about it. He has the authority to issue a contrary objection, but not a warning.

You apparently disagreed with my argument (Your tirade about being kicked for leeching suggests that this was, in fact, your disguised reason), so you polled me. I informed you that you would hence be targetted.

You seemed to feel that this statement gave you licence to attack my horse at spawn the next round, so I rode over the top of you. You did the same thing the next round and I responded in the same way etc. I ride a warhorse, so I usually hang back at spawn until I can be sure not to bump anyone, but if hanging back means coming under attack, it is detrimental for my team for me to hang back. If I have to ride over someone, I am definately going to choose the person who is attacking my horse. If someone isn't joining in attacking me and I damage them, of course they deserve an apology.

Considering you and your accomplices were all wearing high tier armour, I don't think I can be blamed for running over you at low speed to escape your poleaxe.

I never raised my sword against you, nor did I bump you after I was free of spawn. You succeeded in team killing me once.

I never polled to kick you.

I hit you with a second leeching accusation when you had allowed two team mates to be ganked so you could duel (and lose). You had every appearance of a leech. Both times I Q+M+L'd you, you were standing still, waiting for your team to die.

I bumped LGN_Darkfinger because he was also attacking me at spawn. He does less damage than you, so I only rode my horse in his direction, rather than yours, when you were switched by failing to notice or respond adequately to the giant wall of red text on your screen.

Nice chocolate chip cookie comparison, mate, but I've presented the facts, you haven't. If anyone wants to check the logs, it will be pretty clear who was being abusive and who is now lying through their teeth. Perhaps you didn't know that logs are recorded, just as you didn't know what the "press m" message meant, but I would hardly lodge a complaint and deliberately attract the attention of a c-rpg moderator if I believed I had anything to hide or had acted against common sense. Grow up.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.