Author Topic: Charger, opinions pls?  (Read 615 times)

Offline Aymeric

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Charger, opinions pls?
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:17:43 am »
Hi,

i am about to buy a charger and i want to know your opinions about it.
I usually play a full plate with polearms character and i know speed might be a problem, but ( if you don t take into account the upkeep cost ) is it worth it s money?
i ve read old posts saying the charge bonus is nothing and it s very slow and other saying the only problem is upkeep costs.

I would like to have opinions of people who actually have a charger and the opinions of people who could tell me about the resistance of the horse to arrows ( bows and arbalests ).

Last, but no least, with 5 PS and a charger will I be able to make effective damage with the low speed and a polearm ro do you think i should play with a morningstar on a charger ( much more close-combat than lance...)

Tks all in advance!

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
Re: Charger, opinions pls?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 11:34:50 am »
Power strike wont really help u on horse back, remeber PS is only a 8% increase per point, Speed from the riding skill and looming your horse is were most of your damage will come from.

My bud digglez uses a moringstar from horse back on a destrier and he says its great, you swing and since its slow, you can compensate for you enemies movements and get nice clean hits in.

Gold and upkeep should never hinder what you want to wear or use in battle.

Money is made from paper, and i whipe my ass with paper. There is no difference. Spend it if you have it and save for it if you dont.

Always have fun playing this game, The charger is a fun, powerful bulldozer that is very effective at supporting your infantry in siege and battle modes.

Use a 2her and crush enemies when they my old friendi spam back peddle your team mates and then your team mate gets a free kill.

Enjoy
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 02:33:38 pm »
id say get mamluk horse.
for only 6k gold more its alot better.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Werfried

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Goat bless my peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Werfrieds Peasant Battalion
  • Game nicks: Werfried
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 03:33:58 pm »
I played with a charger + morningstar two generations ago. It is a very powerful and funny combination, most arrows wont bother you. You will hurt your enemies more than with a polearm, especially the tincans. And you can support your inf very good.

Next generation i go definetly with riding again instead of ironflesh and bring the good old charger out of the stable.