Author Topic: Nerfing too much= No No  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nerfing too much= No No
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:55:17 pm »
Too many things are getting Mega Nerfed instead of minorly Nerfed or balanced. Like the slow missile speed for bows, (Need +10 Missile Speed to all Bows) The annoying Item Slot System, and the pointless Non Shealthable Weapons.  There are probly other things I don't want to spend time to think of.
BTW: Thank you devs and chadz for spending so much time to fix our Rage. You Rock!  :P
You devs should not spend your time on pointless things that will only make things worse, use your time on important things that will make everyone's crpg experience better.
Here's an idea to work on.  :wink:   http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,12081.0/topicseen.html
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:29:04 pm by Strider »

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: Nerfing too much= No No
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:56:20 pm »
+4
No item stats were changed.

Thanks for your attention.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 08:15:17 pm »
devs and chadz are working hard to suit everyone's rageing.
Is this why you are raging?

Offline Joelturuz

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ratchis
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 08:15:39 pm »
OP@: I don't usually do this, but damn you suck at trolling.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 08:19:12 pm »
A fallen raging over archery being useless? Well that's new.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1237
  • Infamy: 2503
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 08:23:06 pm »
I don't like slots, too restricting.

Offline Fareas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 09:42:03 pm »
Xbowers cannot be reload without being headshotted

You do realize that you can spin around while reloading to dodge shots cause thats what I do so I never get headshot. Also Xbows are better at reloading behind cover like it ALWAYS was, don't complain about not being able to reload your xbows facing archers while you're in the middle of the field.

My problems with how things are going on the range side are the silly low amount of ammunition for throwers ,the pierce damage being only for long bows,the missile speed on bows and xbows and most of  all the accuracy of the bow. Bow accuracy is supposed to be what defines it over the xbow which excels at mid range and the throwers which excels at close range but right now its at a state that's pretty much equal to xbows. Bows should be extremely accurate!

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 10:09:03 pm »
No item stats were changed.

Thanks for your attention.
I'm pretty sure he is not venting about this individual patch in any way, shape, or form.
Rather, he is venting about the general trend of balancing being a nerf cycle. And then the threw in some lobbying like a pro.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 02:13:48 am »
All Ranged sucks more than ever.

Well, basically your post just says this. I wholeheartedly agree. But it seems to me it doesn't suck hard enough yet. The fight between forces of good and skill, melee fighters sowing fun for everyone without making others rage or relaying on funspoiling weapons and the forces of evil and cowardice, ranged troops that love inducing rage among everyone else, and only like the fun when it isn't shared with the enemy, isn't going to end anytime soon.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 02:50:13 am »
Well, basically your post just says this. I wholeheartedly agree. But it seems to me it doesn't suck hard enough yet. The fight between forces of good and skill, melee fighters sowing fun for everyone without making others rage or relaying on funspoiling weapons and the forces of evil and cowardice, ranged troops that love inducing rage among everyone else, and only like the fun when it isn't shared with the enemy, isn't going to end anytime soon.

I wouldn't call being lanced or chopped "sewing fun for everyone"...its all subjective after all
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Myltinous

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: Rhemus_Myltinous, Pippin_McGee
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 07:59:37 am »
Agree with the post, ballencing should be ballencing, not nerfing. For those that complain, stop it; every class has a stregnth and weakness, don't complain when your weakness is being exposed (2h vs archer for example), just try to change your playstyle so you can avoid those situations
"One who thinks is one who conspires"
Ryan Myltoft
1992-present

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 09:41:35 am »
Agree with the post, ballencing should be ballencing, not nerfing. For those that complain, stop it; every class has a stregnth and weakness, don't complain when your weakness is being exposed (2h vs archer for example), just try to change your playstyle so you can avoid those situations

Or dare I suggest, people employ TEAMWORK to cover their weaknesses? ....No? Naw didn't think so. Ok back to the usual. Everyone keep raging about what kills them and then the devs can queue another round of nerfs. Unless you complain about xbowers, poles, or plate/loomed armor. "THEN YOU BETTER STOP WHINING!"

~CRPG forums
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:42:53 am by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 09:51:28 am »
You know, when you cut tree, splinters happen.

Btw, i would like to vote, but there is no nonretarded option, so sorry:(

If you want to balance things, what does that mean? Something is having advantage over something else, which it should not. Therefore, we remove the advantage of the one item (nerf) in order to guess what? Yes, balance the shit. You can not balance without nerfing, obviously, if you did it the opposite way, like buffing things, everything would oneshot everyone wearing anything cause just that would be perfectly balanced.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:37:01 pm by Cepeshi »

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 10:12:44 pm »
Im sorry for this post. My rage about Crossbows was wrong. Turns out my cRPG files were dled wrong and it made my Crossbow reload and fire weirdly. I was quite pissed off. Scratch the Crossbow Rage. Crossbows are balanced.
But Archery still is a "little bit" too nerfed and needs +10 missile speed for each Bow.
I hate archers. And always have. But It's only fair to give them an equal battlefeild.
All my other opinions still stand. Like the Slots System, Non Shealthable Weapons, and hatred for Mega Nerfing.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:23:55 pm by Strider »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2126
  • Infamy: 2490
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 11:37:57 pm »
Archery is fine, it doesn't sux. It might not be best choice for epic k/d's but it can turn the tide of the match maybe even more than 2H.

You have to be skilled, it's not like before where clueless people would pick archery because they:

- don't know how to block/chamber their weapons so 2H/Poles isn't an option
- aren't good with 1H because they don't have proper tactics
- don't know to ride a horse, don't have half a brain to avoid pikemen

Btw. I'm not really skilled but I do fine with archery.

It's not enough just to aim using xhair, you have to use your brain. Just like with melee you have to anticipate move of your enemy.

Cavalry is the only broken class atm, imho.