Author Topic: changemap abuse  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
changemap abuse
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:15:45 pm »
+2
i'm getting sick of admins that change maps to their likings, like just now the city map with 3:2 score and organized games was changed by ninja_thomek for no reason at all into some bs snow shit.

so i have just one suggestion - lets play only completely flat maps without any obstacles, any ladder placement points. ideal for brainless people and admins won't have to worry about any mapchange anymore.

and one hint - every server has some map rotation, if you don't like the map, just FUCK OFF to different server. the only exception is one castle map that constantly appears in battle mode, this is the only example that is unbalanced for 1 side.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:17:43 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: changemap abuse
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:22:24 pm »
It is so easy to fuckoff with x5, isnt it:)

But, yeah, there is nothing more fail than when you play a map, there is one admin present, he asks if you want to keep it, it goes through, all are having fun and then other guy switches immediatelly after he sees what map loaded for him, that is just bullcrap.

Either remove the map from rotation or keep it there and let it be played, but this random switching is not good.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:46:25 pm »
Power, even that tiny bit of power a game-admin has, always offers the possibility to abuse it to get a personal advantage out of it, and its sometimes really hard to resist.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Erika_Furudo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 03:54:35 pm »
When I have seen Thomek change maps so have it been siege maps that he switched from(Since we played on a Battle server)
And that's alright.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 03:58:21 pm »
There is no abuse here.

I believe Beauchamp is referring to the siege-city map which most people want changed anyway. I love it.. when I am defending (like everyone else). But no one likes to siege it.

Most of the cRPG maps are absolutely horrible so map changes are good. I see some new maps now and I like them so far better than those they replaced.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Sir_Ironlake

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 04:01:53 pm »
yeah new maps are balanced!

remember how the "old" maps came to be, they were just pulled from some files to make it "fresh" with no editing or anything, never indented to be maps for multiplayer

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 04:06:23 pm »
Everyone join crpg1 now and check the map. Within 3 seconds enemy is mixed with allies and if you spawn 5 seconds after the countdown you get stabbed before you can even raise a weapon.
How can anyone complain about changing these maps? It's like Team Deathmatch in Native, no thanks.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 04:11:49 pm »
There is no abuse here.

I believe Beauchamp is referring to the siege-city map which most people want changed anyway. I love it.. when I am defending (like everyone else). But no one likes to siege it.

Most of the cRPG maps are absolutely horrible so map changes are good. I see some new maps now and I like them so far better than those they replaced.

aye i was refering to this map, that is (for me) great because you can do so many different things as attacking team. and the score was balance 3:2 and attacking team was really working together, just because the map forces you to do so. the map before we lost 0:5 and nobody gave a shit (because it was open village map?).

anyways the point is: there is (or should be) some stable map rotation. there is NO map that everybody likes. always comes a moment when there is a map that sbdy doesn't like or he's in defending/attacking side that he also doesnt like. but continually changing it won't really solve anything. lets just accept there is some map rotation. that brings maps that are as bad for you as they're good for sbdy else.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 04:20:09 pm »
Certainly, but map rotation is bad so this is a solution to imperfect situation. For example, that siege map (literary siege castle map) is still in rotation to this day.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 04:25:55 pm »
the point is, why it cannot be removed?? is it like very difficult or something, seriously cose I dont know.

btw, if we are on the topic of maps, some fresh air would be very nice, Im quite bored of those maps :( even of the good ones like ruins, but how many times u can play that.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 04:54:46 pm »
Yeah seconded. Why cant they remove bad maps from rotation. How long would that really take? Also would it be such a difficult job to fix those bad spawns?
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 04:56:51 pm »
Beauchamp, tbh I think that big castle map is the most unbalanced map in standard rotation.

It was even removed for a long time, but whiners got it back in again.

* It has a huge advantage for defenders like almost no other map.
* It is too big, and frequently results in draws
* After the time limit got smaller, it even more frequently results in draws.

Therefore I usually only run a few 2-4 rounds on this map.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:00:16 pm by Thomek »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 04:59:35 pm »
Also on topic. Yeah thomek changes the map after few rounds and it's ok. Most people want that. Especially now that the ladders are broken. No abuse here at all.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 05:07:39 pm »
pls ban admins who change map :)

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 06:43:52 pm »
I prefer it when admins change the map when the teams are extremely lopsided after a few rounds.  I don't want to play on a map with a 3-0 score, even if I get an extra multiplier.