Author Topic: Weapons which need attention  (Read 12569 times)

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons which need attention
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2011, 05:02:17 pm »
http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm

Try it on the damage calculator.

Nah I need UrLukur's analysis :)
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2011, 05:03:47 pm »
longbow needs attention.
Either faster firing speed or shit loads more damage.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 05:08:32 pm »
All 2h Axes are UNBALANCED where as all Pole-arm axes are BALANCED that is why pole-arm axes cost so much, you can spam them without care, they even have more weight so you can stun them on the first block usually and just run them over, if you miss you can line up another swing. My hybrid thrower is pole-arms, spamming around with a 31 blunt swing weapon is easy but I'm quickly forgetting how to block.

This is all my opinion of course but, POLE ARMS IS THE CHOICE FOR AXES.
This is mainly because I prefer balanced weapons over unablanced especially when dealing with a shielder, all he has to do against a 2h axe is dodge one swing and then move in for the kill with some over heads. Against a pole arm dodging and moving in for the kill WILL NOT WORK, you will be spammed down by the instant recovery. Just from my experiences, I am not the best player obviously but in my opinion pole arms have the better axes simply due to them being balanced.

sorry for being off topic

I know what you mean my point tough was that there's no decent axe that is cheap in the polearm section (88 speed is not decent) and hafted blade's blade shape could hint to a shield destroyer and it would not be an OP weapon it's only 35 cut I still would prefer great long axe but it's price is high.

I like to have a "cheap" and expensive version of the weapons I use like for example on pyramid head my 2 2h swords are the bastard sword when I'm low on money and two handed sword when I can afford using better stuff.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2011, 05:09:32 pm »
Speaking of which, I was wondering myself the other day how exactly does that work.

Let's say a polearm has +7dmg over another polearm. Taking into account swinging, power strike, and agility (typical numbers for say lvl30) - this would translate to what practical damage? A simple +10 or?

Check urist formula. It was 0.85*(damage)*(1+(15* wfp/100))*(1+(0.08*PS) or something like that for speed bonus 0. Isn't speed bonus *1. for 0 then 1.5 for 50% ? armor formula was soak for damage type*armor rating that is substracted form final damage done, then reduce by percentage reduction for damage type*armor value.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2011, 05:16:42 pm »
I know what you mean my point tough was that there's no decent axe that is cheap in the polearm section (88 speed is not decent) and hafted blade's blade shape could hint to a shield destroyer and it would not be an OP weapon it's only 35 cut I still would prefer great long axe but it's price is high.

I like to have a "cheap" and expensive version of the weapons I use like for example on pyramid head my 2 2h swords are the bastard sword when I'm low on money and two handed sword when I can afford using better stuff.

Oh I get you now, I totally agree there isn't any cheap 'decent' axes for pole-arms. Maybe the Voulge & war axe could get a speed boost and a price boost because there really aren't a lot of 'decent' cheap axes for pole arms.
Giving hafted-blade 'bonus against shields' would make every low level choose that weapon there should be more variety of 'okay/decent' low tier shield breakers for pole-arms.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2011, 08:52:08 pm »
You clearly have no idea how damage treshold work. Especially for 1h. It's not simple +1 damage dealt.

Blah blah blah neither do you your as bad as one of those people who reads up on something in wikipedia and thinks hes an expert in it.  :rolleyes: judging your posts you sir are a bonafied noob. There needs to be a rule that until you play for 2-3 months you can't post on the forums just for people like you.

Looked it up in the damage calc, ty whoever posted that

With 15 str, ps5, and 150 wpf 1h (my current build) against medium armor (30)
The 34c axe -   
 * Minimum: 21
    * Average: 28.5
    * Maximum: 36
The 35c axe -
    * Minimum: 22
    * Average: 29.5
    * Maximum: 37

I can handle ignorance in a post, and I can handle arrogance from people,  when combined however is when it really bugs me.

ADD version? Suck my nuts.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:34:07 pm by Fallen_CrassiusV2 »
On it.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2011, 04:26:21 am »
Bumpity bump

Any admin/mod can say if any of the weapons shown here will be checked on maybe making them worthwhile?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:27:25 am by Vexus »

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2011, 10:24:39 am »
Now that we have the three swords let's compare them.
Damage(slash): 43 vs 38 vs 36
Damage(piercing): 0 vs 25 vs 25
Speed: 92 vs 96 vs 98
Length: 120 vs 110 vs 106
Other: Unbalanced vs Secondary mode vs Secondary mode

uh, those 3 aren't similar in any way other than all three being swords. Why would you compare them?

(click to show/hide)

Similar statistics to the war cleaver except that it sports a "bonus against shields" modifier which makes it a lot more useful than the war cleaver.

Suggestion: Add a bonus against shields modifier.
I think -3 speed and -4 range are enough to trade for the shield breaking

-----
Since the Claymore was announced I was hoping that it would take place as a sword between the Tears/Cookies and the Flamberge (German/Danish respectively) as there are enough swords in the same category so I was quite surprised when it was added as another sword in the same tier. I have a few suggestions about what could be done with the Claymore but let us first compare the statistics of the weapon:

The Claymore excels in absoluty no category yet it still has the worst speed of all these swords. The Claymore does not fill the role of a hybrid between the Danish and German sword as it is already taken by the Sword of War (which is three points faster than the Claymore). The main problem the Claymore faces is that it slightly overlaps with the Nodachi:

Damage(slash): 43 vs 43
Damage(piercing): 25 vs 0
Speed: 90 vs 92
Length: 120 vs 125
Other: Secondary mode vs nothing

Comments/suggestions about this suggestion regarding the Claymore?

okay, claymore getting +2 speed

The whole short sword line.
Well, for the basic versions i can see some tiers, but the masterpiece ones are nearly identically.

So in the worst case i have to pay 3.5k gold more for 5 cm more blade lenght.

should be fixed in the next patch

At baseline, they have the same speed, same length and the Knightly has 1 less cut but 3 more pierce. Fully heir-loomed, though, they have the same cut damage yet the knightly has more pierce and is 1,000 gold cheaper.
same as above

Not sure if this was an oversight or just part of balance, but something that has Heavy in its name and weighs .25 more probably shouldn't be 1 speed faster.

It was oversight. Looks like I missed the heavy great sword in the latest speed nerf marathon, will be fixed next patch.

2 damage for 4 speed, insane.

you forgot to mention double price.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:25:49 am by Fasader »
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2011, 10:59:19 am »

BUT what about :

Bec de Corbin   7312   
weight 2.8
requirement 14
spd rtng 93
weapon length 120
swing damage 36, pierce
thrust damage 26 pierce

vs

Long Hafted Spiked Mace    4745   
weight 3
requirement 13
spd rtng 94
weapon length 138
swing damage 34, blunt
thrust damage 20 blunt
Knockdown

Why chose the Bec de corbin ? 36pierce = 34 blunt, you just get more thrust damage but with 120 length ? useless...
Bec de corbin must get more length ... or just more speed, 96 i think.

+1
not to mention that Long Hafted Spiked Mace also have knockdown and is way cheaper

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2011, 11:21:37 am »
Can the Bec please get the blunt damage version back? The hammer part is 10x cooler. Besides, the damage had to be nerfed, reverting back to pierce was unnecessary.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2011, 04:06:02 am »
Woh who suggested the 96 speed? Were they not there for pre-patch bec? 36p on a 96 speed weapon is an instant kill.
On it.

Offline cutsomecheesewithmybow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Hangover everyday.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dew
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2011, 12:11:07 pm »
Not for my lousy 15 STR build tho : /.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2011, 03:07:47 pm »
Well it will sure damn be close to a 1 hitter. Every increase in speed indirectly increasing damage and on a pierce weapon +speed can be deadly. I would be down for +speed if the bec received a massive damage nerf with it.

For comparison I also have 15 str as a 1h, when I use steel pick it is almost always a 2-3 hit kill. As a polearm you can gather a whole lot more speed than the 1handers animation. What you get is basically a longer, stronger steel pick.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:14:41 pm by Fallen_CrassiusV2 »
On it.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2834
  • Infamy: 1105
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2011, 04:18:08 pm »
In most cases my Balanced Bec is instakill weapon but it's short. I don't want it being longer or stronger because it would become a bit OP, I'll rather like to see general nerf in 2H swords reach. Right now we have a situation that Flamberge have way more reach than my Great Long Bardiche and I think that shouldn't be the case.

Right now things are pretty much balanced, I don't think that more than a few low tier weapons deserve buff but whole 2h, crush-trough and lolstab mechanic need to be reworked. Also nerf those lances, jarids and javelins. They can't be avoided and that's not normal because every other ranged weapon can be dodged.

Remove phantom +80 length for lolstab if posible and make just like it's for polearms. Also shorten every two handed sword by 5 length and Flamberge by 20. Make those weapons cheaper if you must but make them 2nd or 3rd choice for some time (for a month at least). It would do good to this mod, people will start using different weapons like they did when you nerfed archers.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:19:53 pm by Leshma »

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2011, 05:42:57 pm »
Heavy Bastard Sword needs improvement!
Look its obvious:

Mallet
(click to show/hide)

Heavy Bastard Sword      
(click to show/hide)

Long Iron Mace      
(click to show/hide)

I guess now you cant do anything then buff my lovely sword.

PS: While i did this glorious Post i found a typo at webpage "Long Iron Mace" it has to be "Crushthrough" ;)
PPS: If you remove lolstab of my heavy bastard remove lolstun from poles ;)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:48:18 pm by Camaris »