Author Topic: nuffen: stay or go?  (Read 37462 times)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Re: nuffen: stay or go?
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2011, 12:30:30 pm »
+2
Wait? What you have not talked to nuffen (or anyone else for that matter) but yet clearly made up your mind about us?

Nuffen has the bunch of idiots wrapped around his pinky. I've never asked anyone to support me, I've only ever argued against what I considered unjust bans and decision making, this eventually changed into questioning the character of the admin who does such things so frequently, as is why I'm proving character evidence from his own posts. Questioning the motives of the foolishly blinds support of such a character is also something worth considering.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:32:38 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Redus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2011, 12:34:49 pm »
+2
Nuffen has the bunch of idiots wrapped around his pinky. I've never asked anyone to support me, I've only ever argued against what I considered unjust bans and decision making, this eventually changed into questioning the character of the admin who does such things so frequently, as is why I'm proving character evidence from his own posts. Questioning the motives of the foolishly blinds support of such a character is also something worth considering.

What I hate is everyone yelling for proof, but that even nore the dev's seems to be trowing dirt at us and everyone just accepts it. Hell Nuffen even accused me of BSing to cover my tracks or act like I did not do anything. I am somewhat ok with him banning me without proof, but coming on the forums and claim that I am laying? Some proof would be appriciated.

edit: That is the problem with this system. Thread like these. People just start taking side (even sure people who never been on the EU official server will vote based on how they like Nuffen as a player) and trow dirt. The voting should be done without debate. People either like him as admin or not. If there is clear proof of an admin abusing then I am sure he be remove anyway by the dev team.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:37:14 pm by Redus »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2011, 12:37:47 pm »
What I hate is everyone yelling for proof, but that even nore the dev's seems to be trowing dirt at us and everyone just accepts it. Hell Nuffen even accused me of BSing to cover my tracks or act like I did not do anything. I am somewhat ok with him banning me without proof, but coming on the forums and claim that I am laying? Some proof would be appriciated.

Nuffen has this magical ability to lie to his friends and buddies in IRC, put us into one neat group of non worthy of consideration and then uses them to suppress any complaints we have about him. He lies about our actions in the cases in which he bans us, then accuses us of being liars and all the while convincing everyone on IRC to believe his version of events. I believe this isn't about what Nuffen has or hasn't done but about protecting their friend. It's like einstein saving Mussolini from Italy, Nuffen being Mussolini, after fucking things up.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2011, 12:54:01 pm »
+2
We survived 21 pages !!! Game Over !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_Law

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2011, 01:13:53 pm »
derp

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2011, 01:20:16 pm »
I can't believe I'm actually going to have to vote "No" on this. :|
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2011, 01:22:10 pm »
einstein analogies only are usually contributed by the best.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2011, 01:24:39 pm »
Lol christ Murmillus generated like 4 pages since I last saw this last night. I think everyone gets the point already.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2011, 01:27:11 pm »
Dude, Murmillus even had his own ten-page thread last time. You'd think he'd have had enough of it already? Anope! He's like the Predator -- once he has his prey in sight, he doesn't just stop like a pussy, he just keeps on truckin'.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2011, 01:37:36 pm »
+1
Lol christ Murmillus generated like 4 pages since I last saw this last night. I think everyone gets the point already.

Noone gets the point, or even cares enough to get the point, thats the point
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2011, 01:42:04 pm »

edit: That is the problem with this system. Thread like these. People just start taking side (even sure people who never been on the EU official server will vote based on how they like Nuffen as a player) and trow dirt. The voting should be done without debate. People either like him as admin or not. If there is clear proof of an admin abusing then I am sure he be remove anyway by the dev team.

Exactly, when we tell on the forums: I saw you do it, it counts for shit.

But when he answers the abuse thread with: I saw you do it, thats it the ban lasts and we cant do shit (atleast we can vote for his removal thank god)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2011, 01:52:47 pm »
+2
With the amount of time nuffen dedicate to keep the server as clean as possible, there will be a few mistakes, that's just common sense. Nuffen is probably the most active admin, and has been for a long time. Even though he makes somewhat rash decisions from time to time, he does overall more good than bad, by a good margin. If nuffen ends up losing his admin powers, I guess you'll notice it on the servers.
pTx is right in his points about administrating, when you do have playing time, you want to play, and using your playing time scouting for trolls, team wounders and such ain't the same, obviously. Even though it's work, it's our job, and we do it. Admins like nuffen greatly reduce their playing time of the game they love to make the other players enjoy clean servers, putting the game before themselves and that has to be respected, at least by me. Still, it seems that negativity is growing from parts of the community, and that's bad, considering nuffen's an admin of the official servers. As an admin myself I have to do the same work, and I do, following the 'warn - kick - ban' rule of thumb. I'm far less active than nuffen though, simply because I can't play too much nowadays. Still, I can understand nuffen, having dealt with such a great amount of trolls, have been a bit too trigger-happy lately.
Maybe a short break from administrating would help? It could benefit nuffen in the short run and the servers and the negative part of the community in the long run, considering that the negative base of the community will see how it's like without nuffen for a while, and nuffen may come back a bit less trigger-happy, and cleaning the servers with less negative responses.

I voted no for the sake of the servers. If I had voted for the sake of nuffen, I would've voted yes.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #312 on: August 20, 2011, 01:55:09 pm »
A little collateral damage is acceptable and if you look at those posts it becomes obvious that it still hit the right ones. ^^

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2011, 01:56:32 pm »
+1
A little collateral damage is acceptable and if you look at those posts it becomes obvious that it still hit the right ones. ^^

Yep ban them all let chadz sort them out eh comrade nuffen?  :wink:

Let him continualy make mistakes cause a little colateral is nothing right?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:58:17 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2011, 02:03:16 pm »
I hate to repeat myself,

Its still the same for me.

I will continue to vote "no" until I:

1) See Nuffen abuse his admin powers

2) See solid proof of Nuffen abusing his admin powers.

I'm sorry, but those videos doesn't seem like proof to me.