Author Topic: 1H & 2H Build  (Read 883 times)

Offline Johnny_Concrete

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Johnny_Concrete_IV, Johnny_Longarm, Johnny_Sorrow, Johnny_Judgement, Johnny_McStumble, Johnny_Bolt
1H & 2H Build
« on: August 18, 2011, 02:47:25 am »
Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 18
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 53
    Skills to attributes: 8
    Power Strike: 6
    Shield: 4
    Athletics: 6
    Weapon Master: 7
    One Handed: 120
    Two Handed: 133

hi guys im making this build so i can use either a morningstar or h.bastard with a knightly heater, i will be using them with and out without the shield depending on situation, hence the wpf's. my question is: does morningstar/h.b' use 1h prof while with shield because i had 1wpf and now have 84wpf in 1h and there seems to be no difference? so what wpf does it use in which weapon modes? thanks, any other info or suggestions about this or similiar builds or weapons will be apprechiated. thaaaaaaaanks

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
Re: 1H & 2H Build
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 03:13:16 am »
yes with a shield it use 1h prof. BUT 2h with secondary mode get a 35% speed and damage malus when used with a shield.
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Sammael

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SammaeI
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 03:16:35 am »
+1
It is generally a bad idea to use 2h weapons in their 1h mode. They become extremely slow and have very low damage. If you do want to go through with this build, I highly recommend using one of the following instead of the heavy bastard:

Langes Messer
Fighting Axe
Military Sickle

These are all classified as 1h weapons, and as such receive no penalty when used with a shield. In addition, their secondary mode is 2h, which grants additional speed and damage.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Take a point out of shield and put it into athletics! Quick footwork is going to be essential, especially if you are limited to short weapons (which all good 1h/2h are quite short)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:18:16 am by Sammael »

Offline Dach

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 03:18:16 am »
1h that can be used as 2h get a bonus.

2h that can be used as 1h get a malus.

A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

Offline Sammael

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SammaeI
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 03:20:01 am »
1h that can be used as 2h get a bonus.

2h that can be used as 1h get a malus.

yep, fucking stupid but still...  :P

Oh, I know it.

Make the 2handers with 1h secondary receive a malus proportional to the bonus received by the 1handers with 2h secondary imo... that would make too much sense though probably  :D

Offline Dach

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 03:24:14 am »
Nah i changed my point of view. Realisticaly using a light weapon with 2h should be easier. Swing faster and stronger.

Using a long weapon with 1h should be harder, even more if you use a shield in the other hand.

:)