Author Topic: 2h Animations for sideswings and overheads, polearm animations for thrusting on  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
animations are fine. greatswords stab damage is the same as a rusty spoon. the only fleble chance 2h have against cav is the thrust. polearms just have to many upsides compared to 2h.

luckily my main weapon is a great maul.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TzdtyMC7ek&feature=related (starts at 2:14)

Also if I'm correct you already commented this video in thread about Langes Messer.

I don't see big difference between trusting they do and what we have now in c-rpg. Before when lolstab was truly lolstab (less than 1 sec animation) I would agree but not now.

Edit: Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4Ng6DBfrg&feature=related

The suggestion is as follows:
2h Animations for sideswings and overheads, polearm animations for thrusting on all 2h weapons with a thrust attack *editors note: read "length"* longer than X (I'd say 110 range or so).

There, quoted the important part. What swords are they using to fence with in that little video?
I'll tell you: LONGSWORDS
What length is the longsword in c-rpg? Right, 106. That means the thrust animation would stay the same for longswords/bastard swords/katana/studded warclub/goedendag/long iron mace (allthough that thing shouldn't even have a thrust attack)/some weapon I forgot with a length less than 110.

animations are fine. greatswords stab damage is the same as a rusty spoon. the only fleble chance 2h have against cav is the thrust. polearms just have to many upsides compared to 2h.

luckily my main weapon is a great maul.

Completely right, but as I've said, polearms should be adjusted accordingly so that there are distinct differences between the classes and it's more of a choice than a prefference (or a no brainer as it is now according to some people).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:29:09 am by Spawny »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Totally agree to this. Polearms stab, 2handers slash. 1h are ok at both. Polearms are longest and stun, but glance (animation not damage) easily. 2h is hard to glance (animation) but doesn't stun. 1h is fastest because their the shortest (GAMEPLAY you fools!).

OH WOW YOU FIGURED OUT ALL THE PROBLEMS. NO ONE KNEW THE SOLUTION TO BALANCING CRPG WAS SO EASY.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
OH WOW YOU FIGURED OUT ALL THE PROBLEMS. NO ONE KNEW THE SOLUTION TO BALANCING CRPG WAS SO EASY.

Thanks for the constructive critisism.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
No, it can't. A well timed danish thrust can ONLY outrange a heavy lance if the heavy lancer user fucks up.

Your shitting me right? :lol:

A well time danish thrust ONLY can't outrange a heavy lance if the danish user fucks up.

A lolstab out ranges a heavy lance every time on a Danish, even on my Heavy Bastard Sword. It sure as hell may not kill the horse (due to horse toughness so you get lanced anyway). But 90% of the time I will hit the horse before the lance hits me. And that thing only has 105 length. A danish would do it easily. The angle nerf on lancing really screwed up any ability for lancer to out range a 2h 1vs1. Backstabbing is the only real way to kill them now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:38:15 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Overdriven
What about using heavy lance with shield? If I remember correct this trick add some lenght to any pole.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Overdriven
What about using heavy lance with shield? If I remember correct this trick add some lenght to any pole.

Not on horseback, as the lance is allready held in 1 hand regardless.

And yes, when stabbing against cav with a 2h sword, aim for the head of the horse and with a nice speedbonus you kill them often in 1 hit.

Bobthehero does it all the time with a long espada, the extra reach on the greatswords should make it even easier.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
Not sure about the difference with a shield.

I do know that stabbing a heavy lance barely goes past the horses head however, so if you cant lolstab the horses head before the lance gets you 1vs1, then you seriously have some issues.

It's why it's been argued that lances need more length, because right now a couched heavy lance is effectively shorter than a lolstab.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Not sure about the difference with a shield.

I do know that stabbing a heavy lance barely goes past the horses head however, so if you cant lolstab the horses head before the lance gets you 1vs1, then you seriously have some issues.

It's why it's been argued that lances need more length, because right now a couched heavy lance is effectively shorter than a lolstab.

not to mention that with the retarded 2h stab damage, any armored horse will survive a stab to the head and the silly cav coucher then will 1hit you.

seriously. with polearms covering all fighting roles, with throwing only useful on dedicated builds, 2handed is only good at blockcrushing.

at least 2handed needs effort to be effective while retarded polearms just spam right swing with some serious stunlocking fests. taht will really no need to focus too much.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
2h clearly underpowered.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2142
  • Infamy: 2752
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Can you be serious for a second?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
not to mention that with the retarded 2h stab damage, any armored horse will survive a stab to the head and the silly cav coucher then will 1hit you.

Well they are armoured...and 2h swords weren't particularly designed for pierce damage. Most swords will 1 hit kill any unarmoured horses with a lolstab to the head.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Well they are armoured...and 2h swords weren't particularly designed for pierce damage. Most swords will 1 hit kill any unarmoured horses with a lolstab to the head.

so you say polearms were designed for stunlock? be serious... it's a game. so gameplay>realism. or we should look how weird is a 123cm steel german greatsword with a weaker thrust than a 1handed sword? cmon.

Espada Eslavona
weapon length: 90
weight: 1
difficulty: 10
speed rating: 101
weapon length: 90
thrust damage: 29 pierce
swing damage: 25 cut
slots: 1

German Greatsword
weapon length: 123
weight: 2.5
difficulty: 15
speed rating: 92
weapon length: 123
thrust damage: 26 pierce
swing damage: 38 cut
slots: 2
Can't use on horseback
Secondary Mode

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
i agree, nerf 1h
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
i agree, nerf 1h

no we should give the butcher knife a better slash than a claymore...