Author Topic: Certain problems I see, and suggestions for fixing them.  (Read 252 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Certain problems I see, and suggestions for fixing them.
« on: August 16, 2011, 01:45:04 pm »
+1
Okay, let's do this.

First of all, since the EU servers are playable again, I and others experience about.. 25 to 50% higher ping than usual. Well, some would laugh at me for this, but getting to 80-90 from 39-55 range totally messed up my timings, at least for me.

The second, who the hell made up the current map rotation? It's just plain horrible! Everytime I log on, a horrible map plays that's totally unplayable, or lags thanks to the map maker over decorating the map with useless crap.

The third problem I experience, is that the matches are HORRIBLY balanced. Turn that damned BannerStacker off. Clans got Strategus to start claimwars and drama/teamplay against each other. Now there's no reason to have it because it totally messes up the teams, lot of times one team has all the ranged, or all the cavalry, or superior players simply thanks to copying famous clan's banners. This is just stupid.

Okay, some suggestions: For the first one, I don't know what to do, checked my PC, it's virus free, others had increased pings too by the way. Reseted my connection like 20 times, nothing.

Anyway, the map rotation should be reworked entirely. Where are the playable maps? Why do I always get these crapmaps that promote nothing but roofhugging, and abusing the shit out of everything available? We have nice maps around, use them more, please.

The third one: Do we have an EU server without the bannerstacker? It would be nice to testdrive it, because this method just doesn't work, and totally ruins the avg. player's experience. Don't bring the "hurr durr get a clan stop QQ-ing" argument here, I'm talking about casuals who don't want to bond themselves, because they don't want to/don't have time, etc.

Think about it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:47:28 pm by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Certain problems I see, and suggestions for fixing them.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 02:20:17 pm »
+1
Best suggestion for fixing problem number 3 is to stop using the pecores banner.  You'll find yourself on the winning team far more often.

(click to show/hide)
Turtles

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Certain problems I see, and suggestions for fixing them.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 02:21:14 pm »
Best suggestion for fixing problem number 3 is to stop using the pecores banner.  You'll find yourself on the winning team far more often.

(click to show/hide)

Derp. It matches my armor.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!