Author Topic: NE (Northern Empire) pushovers?  (Read 12461 times)

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
Re: NE (Northern Empire) pushovers?
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2011, 09:03:56 pm »
Yes but you forget they are the heroes of this story
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2011, 09:04:39 pm »
Yes but you forget they are the heroes of this story

Why doesn't diplomacy section ahve a +1 :(.   +++++9000
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2011, 09:07:40 pm »
There better be an epic last stand in the works.

Yeah, you guys are outnumbered and outgunned, but that doesn't mean you go quietly. You could easily equip just the populations of your villages with scythes and axes and some shields, for like 1000 strat gold per 100 troops, and caused a decent amount of casualties. Where's the guerilla warfare? Where's the attrition? I'll admit that leaving villages completely undefended does mean that your aggressors will never get more than 100 population troops, whereas if they captured your spawn prematurely, they would have gotten more. I'm not at all convinced that was even the rationale, since nobody has brought it up yet. Also, you could have still assisted your last stand efforts by taking down as much of their standing army as you could with cheap equipment.

One major reason why so many 'vultures' have swooped in is because they sensed weakness. They want a free lunch, and that's exactly what you're giving them. At the very least, for the sake of NE reputation in future strat iterations, you should've made it clear that you would take as many foes as you could down with you. If there's not an epic last stand in the works, then you've only shot yourself in the foot for the next round of strategus, as the vultures may well descend upon you again, if they think you'll just roll over again.

Offline PointBlank9

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BW_Pointblank
  • IRC nick: PointBlank
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2011, 09:14:19 pm »
There better be an epic last stand in the works.

Yeah, you guys are outnumbered and outgunned, but that doesn't mean you go quietly. You could easily equip just the populations of your villages with scythes and axes and some shields, for like 1000 strat gold per 100 troops, and caused a decent amount of casualties. Where's the guerilla warfare? Where's the attrition? I'll admit that leaving villages completely undefended does mean that your aggressors will never get more than 100 population troops, whereas if they captured your spawn prematurely, they would have gotten more. I'm not at all convinced that was even the rationale, since nobody has brought it up yet. Also, you could have still assisted your last stand efforts by taking down as much of their standing army as you could with cheap equipment.

One major reason why so many 'vultures' have swooped in is because they sensed weakness. They want a free lunch, and that's exactly what you're giving them. At the very least, for the sake of NE reputation in future strat iterations, you should've made it clear that you would take as many foes as you could down with you. If there's not an epic last stand in the works, then you've only shot yourself in the foot for the next round of strategus, as the vultures may well descend upon you again, if they think you'll just roll over again.
+10000000 Agreed 100%
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:16:10 pm by xKhanxPointBlank »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2011, 09:42:01 pm »
Well there's still a castle and a village that's one of the few most remote villages on the strat map.  Take an educated guess (I know that might be asking a lot of some of you).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2011, 09:50:09 pm »
Well there's still a castle and a village that's one of the few most remote villages on the strat map.  Take an educated guess (I know that might be asking a lot of some of you).

Both empty, and a 25K army led by a wild goretooth appears in the middle of our base at home!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2011, 09:52:01 pm »
I love. I get to merc for anyone I want now

By the way, thanks for all the gear.   :wink:

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2011, 10:19:24 pm »
Lol im out of town but ive been exiled by ecko and people are sending me troops?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2011, 11:01:12 pm »
I think he was being sarcastic, saying that he is expecting a counter-attack.  If yruma and our last village are empty than I wouldn't cross your fingers for a last stand battle.  I'm assuming otherwise, but who really knows any more (I'm only active every other couple days for 2 or 3 days at a time).

Why'd you get exiled goretooth?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2011, 11:04:11 pm »
Why'd you get exiled goretooth?

Probably because it involved Fallen and co to say "Hey, let us join in on the fun" and started a chain reaction, one of which made the DRZ take a love interest in your lands.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2011, 11:10:22 pm »
Probably because it involved Fallen and co to say "Hey, let us join in on the fun" and started a chain reaction, one of which made the DRZ take a love interest in your lands.
not my fault your leader sounds like a bitch on ts.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2011, 11:16:26 pm »
not my fault your leader sounds like a bitch on ts.

Great excuse to get a 90+ member clan not counting close allies/vassals to change from neutral to warlike especially since you were already in the middle of a clusterfuck. Good job placing personal vendettas in front of the good of your clan and your alliance, and literally picking a fight with our diplomats while in an inebriated state.

You asked us to take a swing, and we swung.

Honestly, the NE probably could have held it's ground if it was just Chaos and the FCC and allies attacking, but dragging the Fallen and their allies and vassals into it and causing other chain reactions such as DRZ suddenly becoming best friends with multiple of your enemies and taking a few swings of their own... too much for the NE at the best of days, or any clan/alliance for that matter. Was it really worth it?

TL;DR version: Good job single handedly causing the destruction of the NE because you don't like how our captain sounds.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:17:43 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2011, 11:20:36 pm »
Haha that meeting was a few nights ago way after fallen got involved. Its not like I ever helped fallen in strat battles which I have a ton.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2011, 11:22:24 pm »
Haha that meeting was a few nights ago way after fallen got involved. Its not like I ever helped fallen in strat battles which I have a ton.

Yeah, and that meeting helped us go from "let us send a few raiding parties" to "Hey let us party in the center of NE land and convince others to do so too!"

But hey, you stood up for what you believe, rock on! *massive thumbs up!* You are a hell of a solider, you will merc on and be rich.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2011, 11:28:30 pm »
So much lying and hate from you lorn I mean tears. Not worth my time.