Author Topic: No ranged server  (Read 4909 times)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
Re: No ranged server
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 11:38:08 pm »
but then you will ahve less players on crpg 1 or 4 so you can play the way you want.

Also the NA servers are great with small battles

No you won't. You can see it today, less then 50 player playing EU2, while EU1 is permanently full and EU4 got less crowded only like half an hour ago, otherwise 90+ ppl too. I for one always enjoyed EU2 because it was less populated server, just as Leiknir said, and I'm looking forward to when it gets fixed.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 01:34:19 pm »
If there is melee only day then ban cavalry, too.
The idea of having a server where you fight uninterrupted is totally spoiled by having someone bump you from behind and run away from every fight. Even at end of round until people get bored enough to suicide on their lances.
With archers they'd at least get shot down.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 01:46:00 pm »
Yes. Melee only - mean melle only.
Only - means only.
No cavalry, airplanes and tactical nukes. Cold steel and brave hearts only. Shield to shield, eyes to eyes, blade to blade.
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 01:52:14 pm »
this game is getting less and less fun.....  well if we divide, maybe lets make only chainmail server, only plate server, only hammer servers and only pitch fork servers??? oh, and male and females servers too.

Just stop be childish and start using some cover if u 2h, if u 1h with a shield and u cant avoid being shoot then u just sux.... I got 4 points into shields and I dont get many shoots rly, if u just look carefully aorund and spot archers before they shoot so I know which direction I should face my sheild to, if u do that u should be fine... honestly it isnt any sort of blakc magic just to find a cover and watch battlefield more carefuly
You cant stop childish dreams if the majority have some!
Think about :Nerf archers plz!
Its sad that most players want a quick succsess and cry becaus they dont get it. After that fail they go and claim nerf.
Dont you claim fairness or ballance, these infantiles dont want it, they want a quick sucsess with no skill  :mrgreen:

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 03:06:15 pm »
Only - means only.
No cavalry, airplanes and tactical nukes. Cold steel and brave hearts only. Shield to shield, eyes to eyes, blade to blade.

melee has nothing to do with mounts.. cav lancers are still melee.
You cant stop childish dreams if the majority have some!
Think about :Nerf archers plz!
Its sad that most players want a quick succsess and cry becaus they dont get it. After that fail they go and claim nerf.
Dont you claim fairness or ballance, these infantiles dont want it, they want a quick sucsess with no skill  :mrgreen:

I haven't been shouting about nerfing archers or anything like that, i've accepted things as they are.
But after my time on the melee only server, i've heard hundreds of positive comments about it, and as it wouldn't affect the archers, who could go to another server, i think that it should be permanent.

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 03:06:25 pm »
Only - means only.

Jup, sounds like the perfect habitate for skilless 2-hand spammers.

You are missing the point here: cav is still able to kill him from behind in a heartbeat without giving him warning, and people like him just can't deal with shit like that. I mean, ranged and cav dare to kill him just like that?!?  :mad: :mad: :mad:

But seriously: this game attracts the most fucked up spergs of them all as this thread shows    :o :shock::lol::shock:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:12:13 pm by Trout4711 »

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 03:34:10 pm »

If you take ranged out of the game, you should take cavalry too. All over the forum people talk about rock/paper/scissor balance. Well, if you take scissors out of the equation, paper will obviously be dominant. And it is so on melee only server. Everyone is forced to grab a pike, the awesome intense melee fights you so dream of are now poking games, where everyone is forced to turn around every couple of seconds to check if some cavalry is not coming at him. You can't really dehorse anyone mounted unless he's reckless or just stupid and runs into your pike, and eventually when you're forced to actually fight someone, the moment you sheathe your pike, the cav is there to backstab you..
It's not as much fun (for you anyways, I, as well as majority of people, based on server population, still enjoy regular server more) as it would be if there was no horses.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 03:41:53 pm »
I can still have fun if there's cavalry, it's alot less fun if it's full of ranged sniper rifle guys oneshotting everything (i know a newly created thrower or archer can't do that, but later on, they do).

Also on the manly part (from the other thread)well.. it was just a joke implying that people who are afraid to get close and personal and fight in melee are pussies. It's a really old joke, almost as old as the internet itself. This makes eu2 the manly server.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 03:55:48 pm »
I don't want to get into the whole "one shotting everyone", so I'll just ignore it. But tell me a single reason why cavalry should not be disabled together with ranged? How are cavalrists the real men? They won't charge you if you face them, cause you can dehorse them easily (just as you can easily kill ranged if you get close to them), but the second you turn their back to them, you have a lance targeting you. With no ranged, it depends entirely up to them when they engage and when they don't and you can't do anything about it. You can wave around with your pike, but if they don't come close enough, that's all you can do. And once you're engaged in a melee fight, they just kill you.

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 04:13:52 pm »
Funny how all the bad players in this game cry about ranged. Ranged attacks are apart of the game just as much as melee or cav is. Not to mention Archer's speed being nerfed already.

Most of the time it takes 3-4 shots to down an average target already with a bow. So factor that into the already slowwwwwww draw speed of bows now and you have a pretty weak class yet people continue to complain. You rarely see ranged ever even topping the scoreboards on any server, anyone who says different is an obvious liar.

Honestly ranged is what I would consider one of the easiest classes to counter especially since most ranged players are not very "talented" when it comes to aiming and ranging with their weapon.

However, people just can't seem to accept that their class may have a weakness to someone elses playstyle, you can't be an unstoppable force all the time able to take on every single person in the game. Sometimes you're going to lose, accept it or move on to a different game.

So I say play the game for what it is, the way it was made to be played meaning melee, ranged, and mounted playstyles all in one or just GTFO and cry about it somewhere else where someone cares. Quit sitting here in the forums complaining about the same BS over and over again.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 04:14:16 pm »
If you take ranged out of the game, you should take cavalry too. All over the forum people talk about rock/paper/scissor balance. Well, if you take scissors out of the equation, paper will obviously be dominant. And it is so on melee only server. Everyone is forced to grab a pike, the awesome intense melee fights you so dream of are now poking games, where everyone is forced to turn around every couple of seconds to check if some cavalry is not coming at him. You can't really dehorse anyone mounted unless he's reckless or just stupid and runs into your pike, and eventually when you're forced to actually fight someone, the moment you sheathe your pike, the cav is there to backstab you..
It's not as much fun (for you anyways, I, as well as majority of people, based on server population, still enjoy regular server more) as it would be if there was no horses.
+1000
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 04:19:23 pm »
I don't want to get into the whole "one shotting everyone", so I'll just ignore it. But tell me a single reason why cavalry should not be disabled together with ranged? How are cavalrists the real men? They won't charge you if you face them, cause you can dehorse them easily (just as you can easily kill ranged if you get close to them), but the second you turn their back to them, you have a lance targeting you. With no ranged, it depends entirely up to them when they engage and when they don't and you can't do anything about it. You can wave around with your pike, but if they don't come close enough, that's all you can do. And once you're engaged in a melee fight, they just kill you.

Cav have to get close to kill people, so if you're aware, you can kill them.

Archers can just stay 200 ft away and spam arrows - not the same.

first of all, just because you don't have fun on melee only, it doesnt mean that we don't have fun, everyone i talk to love it.

second, you can kill cav without pikes, i can even take down cav with my katana

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 04:22:28 pm »
Funny how all the bad players in this game cry about ranged. Ranged attacks are apart of the game just as much as melee or cav is. Not to mention Archer's speed being nerfed already.

Most of the time it takes 3-4 shots to down an average target already with a bow. So factor that into the already slowwwwwww draw speed of bows now and you have a pretty weak class yet people continue to complain. You rarely see ranged ever even topping the scoreboards on any server, anyone who says different is an obvious liar.

Honestly ranged is what I would consider one of the easiest classes to counter especially since most ranged players are not very "talented" when it comes to aiming and ranging with their weapon.

However, people just can't seem to accept that their class may have a weakness to someone elses playstyle, you can't be an unstoppable force all the time able to take on every single person in the game. Sometimes you're going to lose, accept it or move on to a different game.

So I say play the game for what it is, the way it was made to be played meaning melee, ranged, and mounted playstyles all in one or just GTFO and cry about it somewhere else where someone cares. Quit sitting here in the forums complaining about the same BS over and over again.

i don't know if you have noticed, but i havent complained about ranged one single time - as you say, it is a part of the game.

I would just like to be able to take a break from the ranged spamming once in a while and do some pure melee. And so does many other people.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 04:23:45 pm »
currently eu_2 is a no-ranged server, and people just love it.
I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, bug i think, that we should have a permanent non-ranged server, just because it's awesome.

thx

That won't happen. Lol.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 04:26:38 pm »
That won't happen. Lol.

oh, and you can say that because you... know someone who knows someone who knows someone who mgiht happen to have spoken to ´chadz a time or two?