Poll

Would you like to see items have a set upkeep per minute?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Non-random upkeep  (Read 745 times)

Offline Deracination

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Non-random upkeep
« on: August 14, 2011, 02:56:08 pm »
+4
It seems to me that having items randomly break doesn't really make anyone happy.  I can't imagine any benefit this system has over giving items a constant per-minute upkeep outside of realism.  If there were a set upkeep, people would be able to know how much armor they could support while making a certain profit or taking a certain loss.  Conversely, they would know what multiplier they would need to support certain equipment.  The numbers could be set such that you can support 23,000 gold of equipment on a 1.9x multiplier, the same as it is now, which would be paying 0.413% in upkeep per minute.  It would make people happy, reduce confusion, and reduce the tilt-hate.

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Redgrave
Re: Non-random upkeep
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 02:57:20 pm »
definitely YES
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:02:17 pm by Fraemi »

Offline Sir_Mateusz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 03:33:31 pm »
From what I notice when your team wins you must pay rarely. This is a good solution, but some items should be cheaper to maintain.
So i vote NO.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 03:41:09 pm »
Like the upkeep reduces your gold gain ticks would be awesome.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Clan MacLeod(just kidding no clan...yet)
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:29:26 pm »
The repair upkeep is pretty crappy when you're trying to save up and you're stuck in a team that constantly loses and your money keeps going down.

I say, to make it realistically and fairly:

Dont' pay repair whether your team wins or loses.
Only when you get hit and make it some minimum when you're hit.
Make it big when you DIE(what I mean BIG is the standard fee that we're hit with now)
Make it a minimum repar fee when you drop YOUR item for another one on the field.
Don't make the fees for better equiptment so ludicrious.
If you grab and hold someone else's, like a HORSE or WEAPON, there shouldn't be any repair fee at all, cause you only have that item one round maybe.

Don't forget, people in those times, took armor and weapons off the field despite thier condition and used them without repair. People used armor that had
been through many battles and never repaired stuff let alone have an automatic repair fee hit them.

Don't forget, in the medieval era people didn't have a lot of money, even the better equip soldiers. Longbowmen of that time that had a good longbow, a good sword and good padded or better armor, didn't have money to repair. They looted whatever they could find. Soldiers didn't have a constant stream of money, sometimes they didn't even get
paid.

This might be doable to the programming devs and then again they probably can't do anything about it, idk. This repair system is different from the standard single player game where it's gradual and almost non existing.

I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
Game Characters: Volos, Volossa, Ashalem, Vorexuonek, Brun

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 03:01:31 pm »
I would like this idea, it seems at the moment having one item with a high price in one slot will vastly increase the upkeep over having the same cost but more spread out, I have observed this (I could just be a statistical anomaly) over the past few days I have worn a MW Danish GS and ~3k additional armour and lost over 8000 gold for just a few hours of play. Hopefully a flat rate per tick would be a nice way to stop days where I fear to use my best weapon even though my equipment cost is less than 20000. So I voted yes to this.