Author Topic: Need help for a cavalry build  (Read 4528 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Need help for a cavalry build
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 12:47:02 am »
wrong - speed is the same with shield as without when you are lancing from a horse - i think it was Walt who proved that, cba to find the topic. The important thing is that tehre is no difference. My suggestion:

-snip-
Yes, cause that obviously wasn't about using a spear and shield on foot  :rolleyes:
Attack speed isn't important at all when on horse, apart from the 1h cav when they fight other cav.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 06:57:21 am »
Yes, cause that obviously wasn't about using a spear and shield on foot  :rolleyes:

Wow, this post is so true

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 09:20:45 pm »
Wow, this post is so true

(click to show/hide)
Sigh. Look at my post again. It was about using it on foot. I was talking about when he became dehorsed he would want a fast shield. Learn to read.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2011, 01:10:39 pm »
If you go for a shield, either stop at 4 or 6 skill. 5 is a terrible choice for a cav because the only 5 dif shields are the huscarl and bucklers. You are better going for the roflsteelshield or being happy with knightly kite/heather or elite cav (fast, good looking cav shields) or heavy kite/heather/norman (better coverage and stats but buggy/retarded look on horse).

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2011, 08:17:23 pm »
I'm polearm cavalry with a heavy lance, elite cavalry shield and a quarterstaff that I use without a shield when i'm dismounted. I use this build and do pretty well with it:

(click to show/hide)

In my experience I find that WPF for cavalry is useless and not much better for infantry.

This is pretty much one of the best builds I've seen so far that takes into consideration proven elements of the game such as how fucking useless weapon master is, and is a solid, stable build for pure lance cavalry.

Looks like I'm going back to cavalry next generation with this build.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 12:29:12 am »
+1
This is pretty much one of the best builds I've seen so far that takes into consideration proven elements of the game such as how fucking useless weapon master is, and is a solid, stable build for pure lance cavalry.

Looks like I'm going back to cavalry next generation with this build.

WM is far from useless in general.  However WM is not needed to become the best melee (lance or 1h) cavalry player of crpg.
But if you want to be able to compete with the best of 2H players on foot as well, you really need those extra points in WM, not just athletics.

Also, don't forget that WM adds quite a lot of damage.

Anyway, it all comes down to personal preference and playstyle in the end.
Personally I want to be able to do well both from horseback and dismounted.

OT:
Fraemi seems to run some script that automatically gives me -1 on all posts. Can some admin deal with it? It's kind of annoying.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:32:04 am by Riddaren »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 08:07:41 pm »
WM is far from useless in general.  However WM is not needed to become the best melee (lance or 1h) cavalry player of crpg.
But if you want to be able to compete with the best of 2H players on foot as well, you really need those extra points in WM, not just athletics.

Also, don't forget that WM adds quite a lot of damage.

Anyway, it all comes down to personal preference and playstyle in the end.
Personally I want to be able to do well both from horseback and dismounted.

OT:
Fraemi seems to run some script that automatically gives me -1 on all posts. Can some admin deal with it? It's kind of annoying.

Have a +1 from me :D

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2011, 09:10:38 pm »
I think that WPF is almost completely useless even for melee, I changed my build abit (4shield 1WM) and have 87 WPF in polearms and 1handers, I really cannot notice any difference between my swing speed with a bec/steel pick and someone who has 150WPF points swing speed.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 09:41:43 pm »
I think that WPF is almost completely useless even for melee, I changed my build abit (4shield 1WM) and have 87 WPF in polearms and 1handers, I really cannot notice any difference between my swing speed with a bec/steel pick and someone who has 150WPF points swing speed.

Citation

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 03:59:31 am »
I went:
1h cav
Lvl31
24/15
+1 IF at 32
8PS
5riding
3ath+2 at 32
5wm
5shield

Going from 7PS to 8PS was massive, now with a swing to face I can onehit almost anyone with MW NCS(the stab is amazing, I can outreach everything but pikes/spears with it) and with 73b armor (L brigande L heavy gauntlets) combined with champ cata I'm extremely hard to bring down (a good danish swing will do 10-20% to me and my horse)
First I thought about going 21/15 or 18/18 but after seeing that I cant do any serious damage I went for 24/15 and im loving it, I'm very slow on ground with the gear I mentioned above i'm screwed when its 2v1 agaisnt me(I'd do 3-5v1 easy with 18/18 and 6ath) but I can manage in 1v1s against pretty much anyone.
I didn't pick lancer because I find it kinda boring.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:00:33 am by Mtemtko »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login