Author Topic: Equipment Screen  (Read 701 times)

Offline Deracination

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Equipment Screen
« on: August 13, 2011, 06:13:31 pm »
+1
A few things:

All the weapons have two "weapon length" stats.  I'm not sure if anyone uses the weapon length stat for projectiles (arrows, bolts, thrown) at all.

You can't search items by difficulty, which is pretty handy if you're planning future gear along with your future build.

There's no way to really know what weapons can and can't block as well as which can only be couched.  Well, you can ask people, but a tag on those items would be nice.

Also, I'm not sure how big of a project it'd be, but an equipment planner would be nice.  If someone's feeling particularly awesome, being able to preview the combined appearance of a particular outfit would be amazing :D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:14:54 pm by Deracination »

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Equipment Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 06:54:52 pm »
+1
As for the equip screen in game, could you bring back the "total cost" please? It's annoying to have to keep alt+tabbing out of my game to check how much a set of equip costs me

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 03:15:46 am »
I personally would love very much the equipment planner which shows how the equipment look like. I have some hard time imagine my self wearing something with something if i can't really see the full picture XD
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 03:24:29 am »
I personally would love very much the equipment planner which shows how the equipment look like. I have some hard time imagine my self wearing something with something if i can't really see the full picture XD

mouse over the picture and click on it to magnify

Offline Deracination

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 02:45:56 pm »
Digglez, he and I meant it's nice to see the full armor, boots, gloves, and helmet combo together.  I know I've gotten combos before only to find out there was some weird collision between the meshes or the two chainmails were slightly different colors.  Everyone knows your outfit has to match to provide full armor bonus.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 02:38:26 pm »
Digglez, he and I meant it's nice to see the full armor, boots, gloves, and helmet combo together.  I know I've gotten combos before only to find out there was some weird collision between the meshes or the two chainmails were slightly different colors.  Everyone knows your outfit has to match to provide full armor bonus.

yeh for example the gothic plate with bevor clashes (bevor sticking through the helmet sides) with some helmets i tried it's a big investment to find that out.