Author Topic: FCC vs Northern Empire  (Read 20198 times)

Offline Thokan

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The ATS Swede
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Thokan, Guildmaster, Bambur
Re: FCC vs Northern Empire
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2011, 05:58:13 pm »
Just goes to show the double standard you employee, NE does it well it's "as fair as game mechanics would allow." Goons do it, it's exploiting and game breaking.

There is a difference between forming a shieldwall and cohesively marching towards the enemy and rushing with cavalry to cap the flag before the enemy spawns. We weren't rushing their spawn, we took our time and all of the dfc were spawned. There was no exploiting in place.
WTB 2 meter tall Canadian Lenin statue.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2011, 05:59:32 pm »
This is less a matter of clans being vultures and more a measure of how many people find ATS annoying.

Northern Empire took the lead on the "lets call archers my old friends all day every day" when strat was down.  This is called karma and a long time coming.  Never forget.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2011, 06:02:55 pm »
There is a difference between forming a shieldwall and cohesively marching towards the enemy and rushing with cavalry to cap the flag before the enemy spawns. We weren't rushing their spawn, we took our time and all of the dfc were spawned. There was no exploiting in place.

No. You know you are wrong. Even Ecko admits this. You and Hospergler_Husby must have a contest for being the densest posters in NE.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:04:02 pm by Rikthor »
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Thokan

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • The ATS Swede
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2011, 06:13:48 pm »
No. You know you are wrong. Even Ecko admits this. You and Hospergler_Husby must have a contest for being the densest posters in NE.

I admit the game mechanic is faulty. Nothing else. We did nothing wrong.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2011, 06:18:47 pm »
There is nothing wrong with ATS (or anyone) using bad game mechanics to their own advantage, anyone else would do the same in their position or are you tell me you would wait for all of the enemy to spawn and get organized so you can have a good HONOURABLE battle?

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2011, 06:34:57 pm »

Since this evidently to hard for you to understand, not all of Dfc was spawned. This has been a fact that Ecko and everyone else but you and Husby seem to acknowledge.

I admit the game mechanic is faulty. Nothing else. We did nothing wrong.

Now that you admitted that, stop acting like you pulled off some great victory. You didn't.  You rushed the spawn, just like we did in three battles.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2011, 07:08:10 pm »
There is nothing wrong with ATS (or anyone) using bad game mechanics to their own advantage, anyone else would do the same in their position or are you tell me you would wait for all of the enemy to spawn and get organized so you can have a good HONOURABLE battle?

I would. That way it's fun for everyone. Otherwise it's very boring for both sides and kind of defeats the point in having battles at all and we may as well stop playing strat. People should really grow up and stop being dicks to each other. Fight a battle properly, have fun. If you lose, you lose. But at least you would have had a bloody good time doing it. Where's the fun in bum rushing a spawn point?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:09:51 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2011, 07:18:03 pm »
Northern Empire took the lead on the "lets call archers my old friends all day every day" when strat was down.  This is called karma and a long time coming.  Never forget.

This. The Fallen do not forget the endless insults heaped upon us simply for even joining a server or cleanly killing a guy, nor do they forget all of the "better watch yourselves" comments that pop up every now and then. Even if this is not the stance of your leaders, enough of your "common soldiers" have this stance that you don't make very safe neighbors.

Besides, we all love a good war.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2011, 07:18:11 pm »
The fun is in winning.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2011, 07:21:40 pm »
The fun is in winning.

There is no satisfaction in using cheap tactics to win. Especially when it is quite obviously a broken game mechanic. I'd have 100000x more fun fighting a big battle than camping someone spawn and capturing it within a few minutes. But I guess some clans don't mind using cheap, broken tactics for the sake of winning at a computer game.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2011, 08:44:14 pm »
There is no satisfaction in using cheap tactics to win. Especially when it is quite obviously a broken game mechanic. I'd have 100000x more fun fighting a big battle than camping someone spawn and capturing it within a few minutes. But I guess some clans don't mind using cheap, broken tactics for the sake of winning at a computer game.
He was trolling
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2011, 08:45:35 pm »
He was trolling

Or.... was he?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Thokan

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • The ATS Swede
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2011, 09:45:02 pm »
Now that you admitted that, stop acting like you pulled off some great victory. You didn't.  You rushed the spawn, just like we did in three battles.

Would have been a great victory if you would have put up a fight, now would it?

We attacked your spawn and failed at defending it. You were all but three spawned when we were several meters from even seeing you. That is facts, I was there, and I watched the list.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2011, 09:53:32 pm »
Sigh i am embarassed for the internets.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2011, 10:14:57 pm »
Sigh i am embarassed for the internets.

Join the club.  We had cake and pie, but tears wept in it.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?