Author Topic: Enough with the Teamstacking  (Read 5687 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Enough with the Teamstacking
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2011, 05:04:05 am »
Join a clan, or play on the 50 man or another server that has banner balance off.
Easy solutions.

Fix it so the clans don't get all the gold and xp, even easier solution and maybe more fair.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2011, 05:16:51 am »
Banner balance is one of the greatest things in this game, it sucked very much when I first started and was rarely switched to the team with my brother.
Would be nice if it forced a clan vs clan kinda thing and not a clan+clan+clan vs random pubbies and random assorted excluded clan members.

all in all I enjoy banner balance but I guess I'm biased because..

1. I'm in a clan

2. My brother and I enjoy playing games with each other not against.

3. I enjoy being able to throw on a banner of a friend or clan and roll with them

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2011, 05:52:01 am »
Some people simply want to play the game without others getting a huge advantage because of who they associate with.

Like saying teamwork shouldn't give any advantages...
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Ozwan

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:56 am »
iwarn people even when your death

I'm death. And usually I don't warn anyone, really.

PS. This topic in TL;DR, same as any other of this sort: I'm a pubbie, cba to join a clan and incorporate teamwork in my play, fix the game.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:18:22 am by Ozwan »
In real life, when people insult me (and it happens very rare, cos I am a big guy), I often punch them in the face.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2011, 01:34:40 pm »
if you see a certain clan dominating the battle server or siege server all the time, put on their banner, not hard. there's nothing that says you have to actually be in a clan to use their banner vOv
FREE ALLERS

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:22 pm »
True enough Bear.  Now, let me see what banners the other teams are using when I'm spectating so I can switch. :!:

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:14 pm »
Put on any banner except triple hogs and prepare to be at x5 every round.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 06:53:31 pm »
Without banner balance, clans would bitch because they can't sit on x5 all day long. Sadly, there is no real way to balance this out.

and last but not last, some clan cheat autobalance at first round by doing Choose Faction, Spectator, Choose Faction until they're all together, cheating autobalance for good.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 07:09:41 pm »
Bitch, bitch, bitch...

Whine, whine, whine....

I'm the best, i have all my heirlooms, i'm level 35, and i'm a god at blocking, but damm this guys use teamwork against me, it's unfair!!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2011, 07:21:32 pm »
Enough with exactly the same whine topics on this matter, read previous ones instead of making another one of your own.

Why was this downrated?

touche?  :lol: why do we even need banner balance if you and your guys keep fooling the autobalance by spec rejoin spec rejoin route?

i'm too plain sick of joining a siege in the morning with 20 players where 10 are greys in one team and 10 in the other (with 2 afk, 1 leeching without weapon, 3 lowbies, 2 griefing and actually 2 playing)

you have your eternal x5, fine... you even want people to shut up?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:25:09 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »
touche?  :lol: why do we even need banner balance if you and your guys keep fooling the autobalance by spec rejoin spec rejoin route?

I guess you have proof of this behaviour, you know it's a bannable offense, so you can make post in the dedicated forum section.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2011, 07:24:31 pm »
People who do not understand banner balance haven't understood this game at all.

This is not a game where you sit alone and play, you logon and play with people...

If I couldn't use a specific banner to play with a friend (or my faction) I would never log on to play again, it is already bad enough that auto team balance pretty much (not all the time  but almost always) ruins every chance to do some proper training together, due to switching one of your top players over for balancing. It sucks to be the one who gets switched because then the rest of your faction is planning and being tactical on TeamSpeak and all you can do is just run around and lulz...

Teamplay is pretty much the core of this game. Why would you want to end that in favor of randomness and loners?! Disgusting.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2011, 07:25:59 pm »
I don't know why you guys rammed his first post into the ground... He is understandably frustrated at being a new player and getting crushed by organized clans...

That said, most teamspeaks I'm in hardly use teamwork but they DO get on the same team so better players on one team.

I recommend getting a well known banner if you feel left out

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2011, 07:27:13 pm »
I guess you have proof of this behaviour, you know it's a bannable offense, so you can make post in the dedicated forum section.

oh so i should install FRAPS, get in a morning siege, record, mixdown avi, upload on youtube, make a thread about it? no thanks.. i just finish my coffee and go back to work leaving the kids play in x5.

pity we have really few admins.

I don't know why you guys rammed his first post into the ground... He is understandably frustrated at being a new player and getting crushed by organized clans...

That said, most teamspeaks I'm in hardly use teamwork but they DO get on the same team so better players on one team.

I recommend getting a well known banner if you feel left out

good idea. we all put on a scimitar on grey background banner so we play siege with team 1 full and team 2 empty. genius!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:28:36 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2011, 07:28:29 pm »

You know...most of the time that doesn't actually work. Once you get in a team, unless you waste half the map trying, no matter how many times you go spec, you will stay there.