Author Topic: Enough with the Teamstacking  (Read 5701 times)

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
Re: Enough with the Teamstacking
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 11:13:38 pm »
Personally I don't feel that when most clans get stacked to one team it's that much of a problem. It's when a clan with 90% cavalry for example (my pet bugbear with this game, cavalry get stacked onto one team, that team enjoys x5 unless the map is pure hills & buildings.)

It's been suggested before but isn't a priority to the development team from what I understand, to change the way the system works in order to allow for balance between classes as well.

I've not personally noticed too much of a moment where it got too heavy on the EU servers with 1 team getting stacked (other than me afformentioned bugbear.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 11:32:27 pm »
I can see the issue. For example GK tonight kept a solid x5 for about 5 maps (around 2h of play, I got 15000 gold and 360000 experience  :lol:). We didn't lose it once (unless one of us got balanced to the other side of course). Bearing in mind there were about 7 of us on, plus random cavs. So it was very cav heavy on the pecores server with 100 guys.

But then if you want to avoid this and do well, join a clan and get in TS like we do.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:52:00 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 12:02:38 am »
Enough with exactly the same whine topics on this matter, read previous ones instead of making another one of your own.

Join a clan, or play on the 50 man or another server that has banner balance off.
Easy solutions.

Why was this downrated?
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 12:03:37 am »
Enough with exactly the same whine topics on this matter, read previous ones instead of making another one of your own.

Why was this downrated?

I don't know. the odd thing is, my computer says it is -12 yet I only see five of the names that voted negative.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 12:15:15 am »
I don't know. the odd thing is, my computer says it is -12 yet I only see five of the names that voted negative.
Where can u see that?

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 12:46:31 am »
i always been against banner balance the day it was implemented , i dont like matches ending all the time 5-0 5-1 or 4-1 or  whatever the server you are in, there is a few flaws in the banner balance system i think :

1- it favor the banner before everything else ,  an example : 2 clans together in the game , we see cases where they are put in the same team...  :shock:
2- people will say but you have more people on your side : quality over quantity IS always  better , beside tons of peasants end up on the pub team and become clan fodder
3- Banner balance doesnt take consideration into style of players :im sure you guys have fun getting raped by 10 cavs or 10 archers , even clan infantry is fiercer than pubbies

the 50 man ATS is empty because clans love to play together , and i agree its fun to play with your buddies and TS or ventrillo and warn people even when your death :p ,

i had lots of fun in strategus back then with remains of stratia, when playing with your clan actually made sense  , for public server fighting it should never be on...

when xp is on the line that make this balance no good...   

oh old crpg where are thou :(

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 12:58:29 am »
people play multiplayer games with friends to fight together, not on different teams.  getting rid of banner balance on pub servers, say goodbye to 20% or more of your population or have even more afk leechers.

I do agree however improvements could be made to SEPARATE clans onto different teams.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 01:02:00 am »
people play multiplayer games with friends to fight together, not on different teams.  getting rid of banner balance on pub servers, say goodbye to 20% or more of your population or have even more afk leechers.

I do agree however improvements could be made to SEPARATE clans onto different teams.

people dont quit this game because they cant play with in the same team as their friends come on :p  they quit because they are tired of the Crpg madness :D

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 01:39:23 am »
people dont quit this game because they cant play with in the same team as their friends come on :p  they quit because they are tired of the Crpg madness :D

wrong, when a cornerstone friend/clanmate leaves, they often bring others with them.  Noone cares if Balbaroth falls of the face of the earth, he's just 1 man (some would say a Myth!).  But its dominoes when someone in a clan stops playing the game.

P.S. I love Balbaroth and do not wish him to get hit by a bus

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 02:13:31 am »
wrong, when a cornerstone friend/clanmate leaves, they often bring others with them.  Noone cares if Balbaroth falls of the face of the earth, he's just 1 man (some would say a Myth!).  But its dominoes when someone in a clan stops playing the game.

P.S. I love Balbaroth and do not wish him to get hit by a bus

aww i thought i was playing with tuff warriors with no e-feelings :D

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 02:23:18 am »
Where can u see that?
Click on the person thingy to the right of the -+ buttons and to the left of quote.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Zorato

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
    • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: ZORATO_BIRD
  • IRC nick: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 03:33:51 am »
I'll stack my teams however I want! visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:36:43 am by Zorato »
BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2011, 03:43:22 am »
Click on the person thingy to the right of the -+ buttons and to the left of quote.
Ah ty.

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2011, 04:21:13 am »
Banner balance is unfair. Saying join a clan is dumb, that's why it got downgraded.

Saying join a clan is dumb because:

It is bad for the player:

Some people don't want to play in a clan, especially a clan of people who take a game WAYYYY to seriously. Some people simply want to play the game without others getting a huge advantage because of who they associate with.

It is bad for the clans:

If people actually follow your logic, than clans will end up with tons of players who join just to reap the benefits, and care nothing about the clan. Then the application process and acceptance process become more difficult and a waste of time.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2011, 04:34:29 am »
Banner balance is unfair. Saying join a clan is dumb, that's why it got downgraded.

Saying join a clan is dumb because:

It is bad for the player:

Some people don't want to play in a clan, especially a clan of people who take a game WAYYYY to seriously. Some people simply want to play the game without others getting a huge advantage because of who they associate with.

It is bad for the clans:

If people actually follow your logic, than clans will end up with tons of players who join just to reap the benefits, and care nothing about the clan. Then the application process and acceptance process become more difficult and a waste of time.

Cool. Good points, what about the second half of my sentence?
Join a server (like the 50 man community) without bannerbalance on?

EDIT: Also, what about using a banner of a popular clan?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 04:37:06 am by Tears_of_Destiny »