Author Topic: Constructoin site barriers in siege  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
Constructoin site barriers in siege
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:51:04 am »
Dear admins,

Are they allowed or not? If so is it server selective or game wide?
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
Re: Constructoin site barriers in siege
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:33:13 am »
+1
As far as I know ATS still bans for them, no idea why they are still banable

They are allowed on the NA Official Siege server, and all of the EU siege servers.

Feel free to set them down everywhere on the servers they are allowed!  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 02:46:01 am »

They are allowed on the NA Official Siege server, and all of the EU siege servers.

Feel free to set them down everywhere on the servers they are allowed!  :mrgreen:

Yea thats a failed rule for official servers.

When players build catapults and lower walls that don't reset between rounds, things get fucked up. At the end of the day, we figured it was too difficult to police construction sites. Tk/FF/Opening Gates or Doors take priority.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 02:56:20 am »
Only retards and noobs try to barricade the castle with constructions sites. That only leads to the defending team losing since more than half their team spawns away from the flag and when attackers get to it they are stuck behind their own barricades. Ban them on all servers for good since people dont seem to have IQ enough to use them.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 03:21:31 am »
Yea thats a failed rule for official servers.

When players build catapults and lower walls that don't reset between rounds, things get fucked up. At the end of the day, we figured it was too difficult to police construction sites. Tk/FF/Opening Gates or Doors take priority.

You assume that they actually try to build things with them.

You assume incorrectly.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 03:27:17 am »
You assume that they actually try to build things with them.

You assume incorrectly.
I did see a healing tent go up near the flag in a seige once. Then I saw somebody from the defending team smash it down. Then I saw a lot of yelling over chat.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 03:29:15 am »
I did see a healing tent go up near the flag in a seige once. Then I saw somebody from the defending team smash it down. Then I saw a lot of yelling over chat.

Yes, healing tents aren't catapults though.  :P

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 03:29:32 am »
In my entire cRPG Siege time I have seen a grand total of one Healing tent and three catapults. I have seen a lot of side doors being swarm blocked by the defenders with construction sites on the first turn though to help compensate for the first round bug for door HP.  :lol:

The healing tent worked pretty well though.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 04:48:04 am »

Because if you actually admined for the Siege server you would know that players abuse anything we let them use.

The rule for construction sites was removed at one point when we heard that they were now destructible. But people would just stack 4 on top of each other instead to block doorways, top of ladders, etc. and it still took a while for players to destroy them. Either way, they're not used as intended.

I was always cool with people making healing tents, but unfortunately, when someone lays down a construction site, the name of the 'owner' isn't written - so we can't punish those who use them inappropriately.  Thus, in order to avoid the admin-nightmare which would be to investigate every time who put what and where and for which purpose - we decided to make it simple; No construction sites at all. Period.

We will re-consider this rule when the name of the player who drops the C-site will be written when you look at it.

When players don't play the game as intended, it tends to ruin the fun for others...
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 07:09:41 am »
+1
Because if you actually admined for the Siege server you would know that players abuse anything we let them use.

The rule for construction sites was removed at one point when we heard that they were now destructible. But people would just stack 4 on top of each other instead to block doorways, top of ladders, etc. and it still took a while for players to destroy them. Either way, they're not used as intended.

I was always cool with people making healing tents, but unfortunately, when someone lays down a construction site, the name of the 'owner' isn't written - so we can't punish those who use them inappropriately.  Thus, in order to avoid the admin-nightmare which would be to investigate every time who put what and where and for which purpose - we decided to make it simple; No construction sites at all. Period.

We will re-consider this rule when the name of the player who drops the C-site will be written when you look at it.

When players don't play the game as intended, it tends to ruin the fun for others...

if you played on your own server you'd know attackers win 75% of the time...defenders need about every fucking advantage they can on your poor map rotation

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 01:38:06 pm »

Now that I think about it, isn't it rather telling of whether somebody is a troll or legitimately trying to use the construction sites properly based on where they're putting said construction site? If it's in the middle of a pathway, troll. If it's in an area where seige equipment or a healing tent would be useful, legit.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 02:09:04 pm »
tbh, i'd love to see more healing tents built in sieges by the defenders, there are so many times im fighting and each fight i lose some hp. When i hit almost 0 i just charge in. Having a place to heal would probably massively aid defenders.
Alas, i dunno how to build lol.

also, does one pay upkeep for constr. sites?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:13:22 pm by Wookimonsta »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 02:57:26 pm »
if you played on your own server you'd know attackers win 75% of the time...defenders need about every fucking advantage they can on your poor map rotation

As if I never played siege before :rolleyes:

I have 7 characters, two of them are siege characters - I know how it goes, and most defender losses are due to poor team-play and greedy players who care more about K/D ratios then protecting their flag.

Putting down 4 C-sites to stop the attackers isn't an advantage - it's abusing a game mechanic - much like ladders to heaven that allowed attackers to jump over the walls without being attacked.

You can vote maps off the rotation by the way. Look around the forums for Airith's post.

Now that I think about it, isn't it rather telling of whether somebody is a troll or legitimately trying to use the construction sites properly based on where they're putting said construction site? If it's in the middle of a pathway, troll. If it's in an area where seige equipment or a healing tent would be useful, legit.

True, but how do you know who put it in the middle of a pathway? There's no name or owner status given to the C-site.  The admin doesn't have 50 pairs of eyes - and can't always keep track of who put what construction site where and for which purpose (troll or legitimate)

Not only that, but the time required to respawn with materials to finally build whatever it is you're wanting to build - the round is almost over, and you failed to help your team.  Healing tents being the exception as they build rather quickly.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:59:09 pm by Gash »
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 03:49:50 pm »
usual siege CS spam:

- 2 CS at backdoor.
- various CS blocking ladders at the walls.
- flag surrounded by CS.
- stairs to the flag usually filled with CS.

side note: construction site's purpose should be to build catapults/siege towers/tents. to spam 5 of em just to have that backdoor secured or that gate lever unreachable with no guard needed is gamebreaking.

why? because you just need 2 players to spawn with 2 CS, place em, suicide, rins and repeat.
so 2 players doing this can really give hard time even to a good attackers team.

since CSs are not meant to do that, imo should be removed from cRPG until fixed.

cheating the autobalance by going SPEC, rejoin, SPEC, rejoin until you get in your clanmates team, is an issue that should be discussed too. there is a clan that keeps doing that. i'll not write the name tho  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:54:49 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Phalanx300

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 05:02:03 pm »
Nah I like it, and its easilly destroyed now as well. And removing it? If you mind repaying all those k's to everyone I'm fine with that.

But how do you determine what the Construction Site builds? Is it random?  :?