Author Topic: Optimal Power Strike?  (Read 7810 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: Optimal Power Strike?
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 03:38:08 pm »
With lvl 34 you could be 27/18, or even better, 24/21. IMO, you really didn't need 8 in IF nor that 1 in shield.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 04:18:29 pm »
Nah 8 IF is awesome, especially on siege. And the 1 in shield is to wear Old Board Shield in Strat - pretty importent.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 08:39:17 pm »
You all seem to forget what this should be about: having fun.

I had a damn blast with that build, i swung fast and it hurt. Was wearing mostly light gear.
Do not badtalk something you have not tried. Also, some people might preffer different style of playing, there is no thing such as a "bad build". As long as the one who plays it is having fun, it is a good build.

No broski, there is such thing as a bad build. Yours is a horrible build. That doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. If you had fun with it, more power to you. And don't act like it's some secret sorcery you've cooked up with that build, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has, among other things, had 7 PS at one time and 3 athletics at another. Just never at the same time, because I don't do bad builds :P

If you want to gimp yourself intentionally with a build, that is all well and good of course. But advertising it to other players for them to use is just mean.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:58:19 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 09:07:02 pm »
No broski, there is such thing as a bad build. Yours is a horrible build. That doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. If you had fun with it, more power to you. And don't act like it's some secret sorcery you've cooked up with that build, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has, among other things, had 7 PS at one time and 3 athletics at another. Just never at the same time, because I don't do bad builds :P

If you want to gimp yourself intentionally with a build, that is all well and good of course. But advertising it to other players for them to use is just mean.

not even going to bother responding to this by anything else than the fact i wont bother to respond by anything else

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2011, 09:26:17 pm »
+1
not even going to bother responding to this by anything else than the fact i wont bother to respond by anything else

Good. It's always a losing fight when you fight the truth.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2011, 10:04:37 pm »
Athletics? lololololol l2 block   :D

(click to show/hide)
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2011, 12:40:03 pm »
i feel fine with 7PS because i prefer pumping athletics a little more. raising the damage a little with the speed bonus given by athletics, is something you should consider. so imo higher powerstrike give more power on overheads (low speed bonus situation) while athletics and wpf, works better for side swings (high speed bonus situation, mouse turning swings faster).

also i noticed that if two weapons share the same damage numbers, the longer of the two will damage more because with longer reach, when hitting with the end of the weapon, the speed of impact will be higher.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:43:29 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2011, 01:08:19 pm »
People complain they don't one or two shot others, then they go str and then complain they are getting ganked all the time.

IMO now with the armor changes, bounces are way less likely to happen thus PS got nerfed a lot. People consider str to be better than agi (over 15/15) because they are used to play rhino tanks that can't disengage. Playing an agi character is totally different from playing an str character, but if people don't know that and don't change the way they play, it's clear str is better for them.

The main thing with high agi is the ability to disengage fights and control a very large zone around you. Projectile dodging is also easier. Furthermore, duelling with an agi oriented character requires another approach. I'd say agi is better for defensive, mentally strong duellers that block very well and will remain calm and constant if the duel becomes long. Str is better for aggressive duellers, with decent blocking but very fast and sophisticated attack shemes. Making elaborate holds/feints/chamberblocks requires more error tolerance from the char and equipment than simply blocking and attacking for hours.

There are other things that differ between str and agi characters. In fact almost everything changes at least slightly, but you got my point already.

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Den Bitre
  • Game nicks: Date
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2011, 03:43:25 pm »
    Strength: 21
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 56

Skills to attributes: 14

Ironflesh: 0
    Power Strike: 7
    Shield: 0
    Athletics: 3
    Riding: 0
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 0
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 7

Two Handed: 164

this

i found that the wpf for this build helped a lot instead of agi, i didnt had to dance so much, cause i was hitting hard and fast (pre soak change, mind you)

I did a build like this, and it's working rly fine with my spamberge

Level 31 (8 892 403 xp)
Agility: 21
Unused skill points: 1
Skills to attributes: 12

Athletics: 5
Weapon Master: 7

Two Handed: 176

Planning to go to this one: Level 33 (35 569 612 xp)
Agility: 24
Skills to attributes: 14

Athletics: 5
Weapon Master: 8

Two Handed: 176

We rock cepeshi :D:D:D:D:DD:D::D

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 04:00:00 pm »
People complain they don't one or two shot others, then they go str and then complain they are getting ganked all the time.

IMO now with the armor changes, bounces are way less likely to happen thus PS got nerfed a lot. People consider str to be better than agi (over 15/15) because they are used to play rhino tanks that can't disengage. Playing an agi character is totally different from playing an str character, but if people don't know that and don't change the way they play, it's clear str is better for them.

The main thing with high agi is the ability to disengage fights and control a very large zone around you. Projectile dodging is also easier. Furthermore, duelling with an agi oriented character requires another approach. I'd say agi is better for defensive, mentally strong duellers that block very well and will remain calm and constant if the duel becomes long. Str is better for aggressive duellers, with decent blocking but very fast and sophisticated attack shemes. Making elaborate holds/feints/chamberblocks requires more error tolerance from the char and equipment than simply blocking and attacking for hours.

There are other things that differ between str and agi characters. In fact almost everything changes at least slightly, but you got my point already.

this.

also, strength give more advantages (1hp per str point, 1 raw damage per str point, unlock IF and PS)
while agility gives only slightly running speed and no more (since jan patch) 0.5% swing speed per point. (one agility point give something like 1% or 1.5% running speed).

that's why balanced or 21/18 24/15 builds are imo the best bet. they give you decent speed, good damage, good passive defence.
otherwise, agi biased builds (15/24 phyrex-like builds) gives you a lot of mobility even with a 20weight armor, lightning fast blocks, but need good footwork for speed bonus or good aim for head hits to be really effective.

also agi biased builds give you the ability to disengage, fast flank maneuvers, effective bait tactics, ranged evasion, anticav footwork, mobility to go where you need to.

str builds rocks the siege defence. awesome in tight spaces where you can't get speed bonus, where you can take a beating with 85hp and 70 armor, where you can use mallets/great mauls effectively.

also, str builds works best in a tight brawl. when you have some shield cover and you break the enemy line with a hard hitting axeman, you can literally wipe shielders away.

also high STR & max ironflesh builds needs high armor to maximize the armor rating bonus. for instance, a 36/3 build with 95hp and 80ish armor (loomed plate and gauntlets) needs something like 10hits from a 40ish cut weapon with 6-7ps and at least 5 good hits from a bec de corbin / morningstar balanced build (6 ps).

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 04:19:40 pm »
I had 21-18 7ps with my polearm build but i find 18-21 way more fun and easier with my 2h. Its the way forward!
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 04:45:04 pm »
otherwise, agi biased builds (15/24 phyrex-like builds) gives you a lot of mobility even with a 20weight armor, lightning fast blocks,

You block just as fast at 3/3 as you do at 3/40..
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2011, 06:39:54 pm »
You block just as fast at 3/3 as you do at 3/40..

BS. you block A LOT faster with high weapon profiency. since 3/3 = weapon master 1 and 3/40 = weapon master 12.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 06:47:43 pm »
BS. you block A LOT faster with high weapon profiency. since 3/3 = weapon master 1 and 3/40 = weapon master 12.

WM does BARELY anything for swing speed, especially if you're using a fast weapon. It also doesn't do anything for block speed. You can block as fast as you can hit the button.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 06:48:52 pm »

WM has nothing to do with blockspeed, bro.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.